Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 AM
freedonutss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PMed you Stevo
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Doh-Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo_ef91
Looking for some decent used wheels locally I have cash in hand if anyone is interested in selling
Not sure how soon you need the wheels but I'm about to up my 19" Volk GT-C for sale in couple of weeks. Maybe sooner. PM me if you're interested.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Doh-Joe

So I inquired about some local reputable tires shops in the past here in this thread (post #2400 or so). Seems like Butler Tires has some good rep but before I try them out I'd like to know if there are others that has had experience with them.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doh-Joe
So I inquired about some local reputable tires shops in the past here in this thread (post #2400 or so). Seems like Butler Tires has some good rep but before I try them out I'd like to know if there are others that has had experience with them.
I've been satisfied with Butler in Buckhead. Great service for my alignment.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Doh-Joe

Sorry. I should have specified. I'm looking for a place to get my tires installed and I need a place where they won't fawk up the wheels.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:10 AM
Ath_NismoZ

I've been to Butler Tire in Marietta and they've always done an outstanding job. I've recently been going to Discount Tire and they were meticulous in making sure they didn't mess up the the wheels, they also pointed out small scratches and imperfections to me prior to even putting the wheel on the machine to remove old tire. My only complaint with them is the guy that was putting them back on my car... he had used a metal brush on a drill to clean the lugs and hub of rust and/or dirt and bounced off one of the lugs and hit one of my rear brembo calipers and put some nice deep scratches on it. All Discount Tire locations have their garage windowed out so that you can watch, unfortunately for me, it happened on the opposite side from where I could see. I didn't notice until 2 weeks later when I washed my car and never pursued it to get compensation or repairs. Just be sure to check everything prior to leaving the lot.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM
stevo_ef91

so whos all going to be at C&O tomorrow?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 AM
doshoru

Was driving alongside an Orange 2006+ Z with CF hood, what looked like Volk TE37's, and Motordyne TDX exhaust yesterday in Alpharetta/Roswell area.

I was in the silver HR with SSR Type-C's, Borla, and CF mirrors.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
SlowNFurious

Just FYI....I have seen a couple people ask where to get an alignment on a lowered vehicle and I found an NTB that has an in ground alignment rack. It is in the Milton/Alpharetta area (probably less than a mile from the caffeine & octane meet). I am pretty picky about who I let touch my car, but the tech that did the alignment seemed to know what he was doing.

12992 Alpharetta Hwy
Milton, GA 30004
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
doshoru

Oh oh oh!!!! I work right next to that NTB...maybe you were as lucky with your tech as I was unlucky...

episode 1:
I was forced off the road in my old rsx by somebody who wasn't paying attention and hit a curb. Needed an alignment. Got the car back, and have never driven a car with that much oversteer -- especially for being FWD... On/off ramp roundabouts were downright scary, even at very low speeds (20-30mph)

Problem? Massive toe-out in the rear.

Went back next day. Manager was a total *** and asked if I hit another curb, because surely they know what they're doing. They checked it, and yes, massive toe-out for BOTH rear tires....meaning...they had to have dialed that in. They fixed it at no charge.

episode 2:
The Z this time. If I bought the tires from him (instead of tirerack) Manager said he'd waive installation fee. I did the math in my head and it was more or less even so I said OK. Got his signature on the quote.

Came back when tires were in, had them mounted & an alignment. Was double-charged by accident. Came back the next day, said I was double-charged. Manager decided it was easier to cancel both outstanding charges & create a new one...except...he didn't waive the install fee on the new one....

I didn't catch it until I left. So I came back the next day and told him the install fee was supposed to be waived. Same manager "Who told you that?" I pointed to his signature on the original quote/receipt. "Oh yeah, right, sorry about that".

One billing mistake, followed by another. People make mistakes, but damn...makes you wonder if they were trying to pull a fast one...

Last edited by doshoru; 12-20-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
SlowNFurious

The funny thing is, I don't live anywhere near that NTB. I only went there because I had paid for 1 yr alignment at my local Decatur NTB, and they really sucked plus they did not have an in ground rack, so I found out about the Milton location and was happy with my experience there.

I think pretty much any of the big name automotive shops are gonna be garbage, they're like the fast food of the auto shops.

I had one guy who couldn't figure out how to adjust spc camber arms.

If your toe was out of spec when they finished up with your car, why didn't you just have them fix it on the spot?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
doshoru

You're overestimating my intelligence! Or at least my faith in the intelligence of others.

Before they actually did any work, I asked to see the alignment sheet.

They finished the work, and "oh, we forgot to save it!" I was a bit pissed, but less pissed because at least my car was drivable now....so I thought. I picked it up after work (since I work in Alpharetta), so it was already late. Took me a few minutes to realize something was wrong, so I went back the next day...

All in all, had they shown me the spec sheet after alignment, I should have caught it. But they failed to produce said document, and I made the huge mistake of assuming that a shop that specializes in "X" can actually do "X". Lesson. Freaking. Learned.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Donati06Z

local atlantans not on the facebook page!

http://www.zatlanta.org/store.html

OK GO! As for sweatshirts, its going to be pre paid only,(so im not stuck with 50 sweatshirts) link is on the website but if i can get enough Pre sales i will place an order by the end of the week. If you want to go ahead and order one click the link online. And during checkout PLEASE LEAVE ALL CONTACT INFORMATION, NAME, ADDRESS, AND A PHONE NUMBER! ALSO SECLECT A COLOR SWEATSHIRT, COLOR INK, AND A SIZE. WITHOUT THIS I CANNOT MAKE AN ACCURATE ORDER.
I can do white base color and any color ink, as well as black with white ink. just please make it clear.

*Example*

Dante Donati
2310 Melrose Trace
Cumming ga 30041
678 481 4670

Sweatshirt Blue
Ink white
Size xl

*example*

If it doesnt look ^ like this it will not be ordered.

Pre pay, I will place an order monday Morning and it takes about a week or less to do.
Then well be rocking them hoodies!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM
stevo_ef91

If your looking for an alignment and your in the alpharetta area just go to americas best.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Totyroby

I can back up americas best they also have a location near Home Depot at Mall of Ga it's called Master Align. The shop I work at in Alpharetta works with this company and never had problems.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
SlowNFurious

Does anybody know about or is anybody planning on going to the Import Atlanta meet this saturday? Its called "Junction Meet" if you want to look it up.

Address: 2421 Van Fleet Cir Doraville, Georgia 30360

I was thinking about going but most of my friends think the car scene is for douches
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
SlowNFurious

Originally Posted by SlowNFurious
Does anybody know about or is anybody planning on going to the Import Atlanta meet this saturday? Its called "Junction Meet" if you want to look it up.

Address: 2421 Van Fleet Cir Doraville, Georgia 30360

I was thinking about going but most of my friends think the car scene is for douches
edit: just saw that there is already a thread for this meet
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Doh-Joe

I live in Suwanee. Anyone have any recommendation for tuning shops? I sometimes take my Z to Forged Performance if there is some work I can't do myself but the reason I ask is... well, because options are good. Forged is a good place IMO but their location is pretty far and it's hard to make an appointment with them even when my schedule is completely open for long time.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
laze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Balenced Performance in Suger hill of Z1 Motosports in Carralton

Originally Posted by Doh-Joe
I live in Suwanee. Anyone have any recommendation for tuning shops? I sometimes take my Z to Forged Performance if there is some work I can't do myself but the reason I ask is... well, because options are good. Forged is a good place IMO but their location is pretty far and it's hard to make an appointment with them even when my schedule is completely open for long time.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Doh-Joe

Originally Posted by laze1
Balenced Performance in Suger hill of Z1 Motosports in Carralton
Wow this place is only about 5 mins. away from me. Thanks laze1

Quick Reply: ATL Z owners