Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Recommendation: Miami Tint Installers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 01:48 PM
perk76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommendation: Miami Tint Installers

Anybody have a good recommendation for a tint installer in Miami? Any recommendations on tint percentage for a Chrome Silver Z? I don't want anything illegal.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:41 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a couple in south Dade.

I used to always go to a place on US1, just south of the Dadeland mall, right before Shorty's (famous rib place). They have been there for a long time (5+ years), reliable and do a good job. They do a lot of work for dealers. They also do alarms and stereos, of course.

But, recently I tried a new one near my house and I was very impressed. These guys leave a very small border from the film to the edge of the window, and in two years the film never came off. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the place, I just drive there. They are on 137th Ave SW, accross from the Tamiami airport. There is a shopping center with a car wash, a Tire Kingdom and several mechanic shops. Right behind the tire kingdom there is the place, I think it is called Solar Tint. They quoted me $80 to $120 for the Z depending on the film selected. I am going next week to get this done (after my travel).
Old 02-04-2003, 05:49 PM
westpak
SFZCC

If you are interested in getting the clear bra I have the guy, he is in Boca but will come to you, and I am sure you can get a good deal on both, the guy is really good.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:25 AM
perk76

slaponte,

I think I have seen you driving around. I live across from Country Walk. I always see the same Redline in this area and sometimes in Kendall. It is probably you because Redline is not that common around here.

Thanks for the tip. Let me know how your tints come out. I took my Z this morning to Maroone Nissan of Kendall to get the window streak problem fixed so I can finally tint my windows. Lets see if they can fix it. I am not very impressed with the service there. They don't seem to have a clue on the car. I took it in for an alignment problem originally but that is a long story. Lets just say I am calling NNA today to file a complaint. After three alignments it still pulls slightly to the right.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:23 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Definetly go see John...

US1 is also closer for me, but John (Maroone_MIA) and Mike, the service manager, make a BIG difference. No lip, no argument, they just work hard and fast.

I went to Solar Tint and he adviced me to wait until I returned from my trip. I was going to park the car in the garage until sunday and he said the paper won't dry right, it needs to be on the sun.

So I will be there early next week. Lets see how they do.

Around Country Walk, thats possibly me. Lets have lunch at Sergio's sometime...
Old 02-07-2003, 12:08 PM
lauderdale75

If you dont mind driving to Weston, I had an installer at the Meineke muffler place on Weston road do my tint. The owner runs a shop called Auto Concepts or something like that. The tint job is very professional and the prices are reasonable. I had the entire job done for 180 including the front windshield using the top quality film. If you can ask for Samantha the installer.