QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice home Hughie!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
mizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nothingremains
*sigh* maybe one day when i get my rims on I can show up and not feel inferior
Ha at least you have a Z! I drive a ghey 2001 Mercury Cougar that just desided to start blowing hot air in the middle of the summer. Whos inferior now?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
atrus

Hey guys!! Count me in on all this local Z goodness. I can't believe there are so many gorgeous Zs in the area, haven't seen any of you guys on the road. I just bought bought a 2004 touring w/ some goodies on it from Hugh (awesome guy! already dropped your name a few times, ppl asking about my Z ), couple weeks ago and have been loving every minute of it. The rims on this thing still make me cringe, but its going to look sooo nice when I get it setup soon here. Even still, if you guys are chilling this coming sunday I would love to drop in and meet everyone. Here's a couple pics

This is as it came, w/ JWT popcharger, Kinetix intake plenum, stillen catback, loooovin' in. I'm going to be adding either 18" Axis Hiros or maybe some 06 stockers here very very soon.

And hell, so long as I'm making my introduction here. My name is Dave, I'm living in st lucie west right now, im 21 and work full time as a web designer/developer, I develop applications for the web, e-commerce solutions, etc etc. I'll be the tall scene lookin' kid hahaha. I drove a h22 5th gen prelude a couple years ago and really got to know that car inside and out, it's what fostered my love for driving hard. The Z is on a completely new level and I can't wait to tame this beast. (RWD is a whole new ball game for me)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by atrus
Hey guys!! Count me in on all this local Z goodness. I can't believe there are so many gorgeous Zs in the area, haven't seen any of you guys on the road. I just bought bought a 2004 touring w/ some goodies on it from Hugh (awesome guy! already dropped your name a few times, ppl asking about my Z ), couple weeks ago and have been loving every minute of it. The rims on this thing still make me cringe, but its going to look sooo nice when I get it setup soon here. Even still, if you guys are chilling this coming sunday I would love to drop in and meet everyone. Here's a couple pics

This is as it came, w/ JWT popcharger, Kinetix intake plenum, stillen catback, loooovin' in. I'm going to be adding either 18" Axis Hiros or maybe some 06 stockers here very very soon.

And hell, so long as I'm making my introduction here. My name is Dave, I'm living in st lucie west right now, im 21 and work full time as a web designer/developer, I develop applications for the web, e-commerce solutions, etc etc. I'll be the tall scene lookin' kid hahaha. I drove a h22 5th gen prelude a couple years ago and really got to know that car inside and out, it's what fostered my love for driving hard. The Z is on a completely new level and I can't wait to tame this beast. (RWD is a whole new ball game for me)
Welcome Dave!!! My name is Miguel, Ill see ya at the meet this Sunday.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
masterj26

Any body interested in a Seibon OEM CF Hood $300 picked up, 06 LED Tailights $300 picked up, Drag Radial Setup $300 picked up, here is the post from when i purchased them. https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=291
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by masterj26
Any body interested in a Seibon OEM CF Hood $300 picked up, 06 LED Tailights $300 picked up, Drag Radial Setup $300 picked up, here is the post from when i purchased them. https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=291
Jay, I might take both the hood and the lights. Dont sell them just yet!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 AM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by masterj26
what are the wheels/tires on the "drag radial" setup?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
nothingremains

guys help me out, should i get springs or coilovers? its my daily driver and i dont track or race it...just need a lil drop
Old 07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
QuadCam

guys help me out, should i get springs or coilovers? its my daily driver and i dont track or race it...just need a lil drop
thats' and easy one......get springs!

It'll cost you about 125 for a set of teins. that's what I paid for my tein 350Z h-techs, brand new.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 AM
nothingremains

well this is what "The Tech" on here told me about springs...

Well you will be dropping about $1k no matter which way you go. Just getting springs will only work for a little while since your stock shocks will wear much faster since they are not meant to handle the different load and the lower stroke. So if you don't do springs and shocks at the same timie, you will just be wasting money down the road since you will have to pay for an install twice. My opinion is always to do it right the first time, even if that means waiting til you have the cash to do so.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 AM
QuadCam

well this is what "The Tech" on here told me about springs...

Well you will be dropping about $1k no matter which way you go. Just getting springs will only work for a little while since your stock shocks will wear much faster since they are not meant to handle the different load and the lower stroke. So if you don't do springs and shocks at the same timie, you will just be wasting money down the road since you will have to pay for an install twice. My opinion is always to do it right the first time, even if that means waiting til you have the cash to do so.

I have heard that argument before...many times; in my own experience with this G35, I have been running these 350Z htechs on stock G35 sport shocks for almost 2 years, and I have no issues whatsoever. eventually, I'd liek to get some tokico dsp-9s though.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
nothingremains

hmmm **** idk what to do I guess I can just put the rims on now, see how they look and decide if I want to drop later
Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Ghost_shift

Tanabe GF210 springs FTW! Awsome drop, better ride and not expensive as hell. With any drop you do, you will have to get camber kits. If not say goodbye to your tire life. You should have got those even for oem setups.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 AM
mikez97

Default im comin this sunday if the weather's nice

just got my 19 axis hiros thats all i got done to it
but yea wats the average age of you guys im 17
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Zridder19

They are all old!! haha just kidding guys. You are in good hands with them... great guys. I miss T.C.O.Z.C

Get this... my hood flew up a couple days ago and trashed me car. I'll get some pics a little later. Im bummed, it snapped the hood in half, cracked the windshield, bent both fenders, and put 2 nice size dents in the hood. Idk what im going to do. The adjuster comes tomorrow soo I will know the damage. I'll get some pics then. Feel my pain!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by Zridder19
They are all old!! haha just kidding guys. You are in good hands with them... great guys. I miss T.C.O.Z.C

Get this... my hood flew up a couple days ago and trashed me car. I'll get some pics a little later. Im bummed, it snapped the hood in half, cracked the windshield, bent both fenders, and put 2 nice size dents in the hood. Idk what im going to do. The adjuster comes tomorrow soo I will know the damage. I'll get some pics then. Feel my pain!!
OMG man!!!!! I hope everything gets done right and quick Jordan.

MasterJ... Thanks for the kick *** deal!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
mikez97

thx for the imput jordan
your in gainsville now?
i wanted to feel the pull on your z you gotta show me one day
damn man im sry thts alot of money to fix all tht
Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 AM
QuadCam

woah!!! that must have been scary! do you have an aftermarket hood?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Zridder19

Yea it was a Seibon carbon fiber hood. Snapped it in half... I gotta go to the body shop today and get an estimate. My insurance is going to cover everything, but idk how much and if they will cover my paint job. There is a local place here in Tallahassee that does BMW's and Mercedes so I think i might take the car there and figure out how much the damage is. Wish me luck!!

Quick Reply: Treasure Coast Z Owners Club (Florida)