Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Orlando Caravan to ZDayz, Thursday May 17th

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando Caravan to ZDayz, Thursday May 17th

Hey folks, I just wanted to start making some plans for those in the Tampa and Orlando area that would like to join in on a Caravan to Fontana Village in NC. From my experience heading up to the event last year, I'd say that to get there at a decent time to settle in before the event, we need to leave Orlando as early as possible on Thursday. My suggestion would be to depart no later than 6-7am.

The plan is to drive straight through, stopping for gas, restroom breaks, and meals. The goal is to arrive at Fontana Village for a late dinner with enough time to settle in, clean up the cars, and register that night.

We'll need to come up with a central meeting spot in Orlando that we can arrive at a very early time and roll out together. Could someone that's a resident and more familiar suggest a location for us?

I'll go ahead and start a list of people that have already voiced interest in joining the caravan, feel free to add your name to the list.

1. taurran
2. maximumsportZ
3. AudibleMayhem
4. roncfpz
5. Chucky
7. Gilley
8. masterj26
9. kevinbonds
10. Nismonoir
11. 98intrigue (not sure if you're going up in the AM now?)

Thanks, and see ya Thursday!

Last edited by taurran; 05-14-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:45 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

When are you guys coming back? I didnt make reservations for a room.... but I may stay in a different hotel for a couple days. call me crazy...im spontaneous, wasnt planning on this...
Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
taurran

We're coming back Sunday and should arrive back in Orlando on Sunday night. I'm sure there will be room in either a cabin or a lodge room if don't mind grabbing a couch or a spot on the floor. There's always extra space people are willing to give up to other Z owners.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
taurran

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyone still going to Zdayz?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
masterj26

I'm going but not sure when I am leaving. I will keep checking here for details though
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
98intrigue

I'm going, but I odn't have a place up there Thursday night..so I'll be leaving around 10pm Thursday night.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:35 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taurran
Hey folks, I just wanted to start making some plans for those in the Tampa and Orlando area that would like to join in on a Caravan to Fontana Village in NC. From my experience heading up to the event last year, I'd say that to get there at a decent time to settle in before the event, we need to leave Orlando as early as possible on Thursday. My suggestion would be to depart no later than 6-7am.

The plan is to drive straight through, stopping for gas, restroom breaks, and meals. The goal is to arrive at Fontana Village for a late dinner with enough time to settle in, clean up the cars, and register that night.

We'll need to come up with a central meeting spot in Orlando that we can arrive at a very early time and roll out together. Could someone that's a resident and more familiar suggest a location for us?

I'll go ahead and start a list of people that have already voiced interest in joining the caravan, feel free to add your name to the list.

1. taurran
2. maximumsportZ
3. AudibleMayhem
4. roncfpz
5. Chucky
6. Gilley
Thanks, and see ya Thursday!
Craig, I updated the list above. I'm meeting Chuck and Sean (Gilley) in the Waterford Lakes area. Maybe we could meet up around there. Our plan is roll out at 7am Thursday.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:10 PM
maximumsportZ

Well I won't be bringing my Z this year, It's still in the shop not 100% ready for this road trip as of yet. I will be riding b!tch in someone's Z.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Craig, I updated the list above. I'm meeting Chuck and Sean (Gilley) in the Waterford Lakes area. Maybe we could meet up around there. Our plan is roll out at 7am Thursday.
Cool, lets get an exact meeting spot, preferably somewhere like a parking lot that's close to gas and early morning food.

Also, do we have someone that has navi with us? I have a road atlas but its best to have someone lead that's got a full navi system in their car.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 PM
maximumsportZ

Looks like me, matt craig, ryan and jose will be leaving thurs morning once I can confirm this cabin for thursday I'm picking up due someone dropping out...
Old 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM
taurran

My friend Kevin from West Palm is going to come up and head out with us I think. He's the one that won the Z32 "stock" class last year with his 300zxtt. Pretty cool guy.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
kevinbonds

ahh thanks craig, your pretty cool your self. I did a but load of maintanance to get ready for the drive. Craig let me know when the actual plans come together. I will try to meet up with you wednesday night.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Gilley

Originally Posted by taurran
Cool, lets get an exact meeting spot, preferably somewhere like a parking lot that's close to gas and early morning food.

Also, do we have someone that has navi with us? I have a road atlas but its best to have someone lead that's got a full navi system in their car.
I have navi and I'm from Atlanta so I know how to get there. Chuck, Ron, and I are staying Thursday night just north of Atlanta near Alpharetta so if you guys are going all the way to Fontana Thursday, we'll have to split up there. Friday morning, we are meting up with some ATL folks to take a fun drive through the mountains on the way to Fontana. Of course, you all are welcome to join us.

Chuck, Ron and I were just going to meet at my house Thursday morning, but we can meet over in Waterford Lakes - like Best Buy parking lot - instead.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by Gilley
I have navi and I'm from Atlanta so I know how to get there. Chuck, Ron, and I are staying Thursday night just north of Atlanta near Alpharetta so if you guys are going all the way to Fontana Thursday, we'll have to split up there. Friday morning, we are meting up with some ATL folks to take a fun drive through the mountains on the way to Fontana. Of course, you all are welcome to join us.

Chuck, Ron and I were just going to meet at my house Thursday morning, but we can meet over in Waterford Lakes - like Best Buy parking lot - instead.
That works. So Best Buy/Waterford Thurs morning.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:07 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
That works. So Best Buy/Waterford Thurs morning.
yes @ 7am.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 AM
Gilley

Here is the FHP website re I-75 closures due to smoke. http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/traffic/crs_h808.htm

Maybe it won't be bad on Thursday morning, therwise, the other all-interstate route is a lot longer.

According to Yahoo maps, taking the turnpike from Orlando to I-75 and I-75 to Atlanta is 438 miles and a time of 6hours 11 minutes. The other highway alternate is I-4 to I-95 to Savannah, and then I-16 to Macon, where we pick up I-75 again. That route is considerably longer at 534 miles and 7 hours and 55 minutes.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Nismonoir

I know many of you don't know me but count me in.
Craig & Kevin glad to see you guys going back this year.
I’m looking forward to the trip. Keep me informed with details.

-Nate
Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM
masterj26

I will be there
Old 05-14-2007, 11:57 AM
taurran

Just updated the list above. I know we'll have at least 2 more G35's coming (Matt, and I think it was a Jose maybe with the white/w gold wheels?)

7am at the Best Buy sounds good. I'm also going to bring a road atlas in case we get lost, as we'll be losing some of our people in Georgia.

It's going to be an interesting ride. Im looking forward to it.

Last edited by taurran; 05-14-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
taurran

Oh, and I'm thinking that we should LEAVE at 7am from the best buy. We want to leave as early as possible to avoid getting up in the mountains after dark.

Perhaps we should make sure we're there at 6:30-6:45 in order to roll out at 7am sharp.

Quick Reply: Orlando Caravan to ZDayz, Thursday May 17th