Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Roebling Road anyone??? FEELER

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:06 AM
tchiuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If somebody comits to being that first car for 2k, I will gladly be 2nd or any other thereafter for $150
Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Jarred@Z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

Originally Posted by aarantes
320 a car? thats kind of pricy we did the last one for 128 a car and it was so much fun.... Oh well....
Yeah i was thinking it should be around that but the lady tore my head off over the phone and was yelling at me because i didnt have someone who had been there before call her. So im not real sure how it would be that cheap. If anyone knows feel free to say something.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by Jarred@Z1
Yeah i was thinking it should be around that but the lady tore my head off over the phone and was yelling at me because i didnt have someone who had been there before call her. So im not real sure how it would be that cheap. If anyone knows feel free to say something.
The price Kaye is giving you sounds like the "Test & Tune" price. This is usually done by race teams wanting the track for private practice. It is usually limited to 10 cars, and no corner workers. $300+ dollars for all-day and figuring only 10 cars, thats not unreasonable.

To get the price down to the $150 range, the event has to be spread out over about 30 cars or more (depending on what the 2008 rental fees are and corner worker fees, and insurance fees.)

LTGP has really spoiled you guys cause its basically being rented as an autocross facility right? Actual road course facilities are a little different. Even the cheap ones like Roebling.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That being said. It makes me not want to attend that track. There is no since in that behavior. I would not tolerate it one bit. Do you have that ladies name? I'll call to see what's up. I don't know what's up with people being nice these days. It's like it's to hard for them.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by VIZAGE
That being said. It makes me not want to attend that track. There is no since in that behavior. I would not tolerate it one bit. Do you have that ladies name? I'll call to see what's up. I don't know what's up with people being nice these days. It's like it's to hard for them.
see my post back on the 2nd page...

Originally Posted by Stack
I think the best word to use to describe Roebling's management: persnickety.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Billhyco

i'd go if the price was right regardless if the management is difficult or not. I not the rowdy type so I wouldn't have anything to worry about. One would think however, if someone is willing to spend a couple thousand bucks with you that a little bit more courtesy would be displayed. g/l
Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 AM
mpowers

Sign up with www.seat-time.com, or if you need it I have Jon's email who runs seat time. Jon is flexible and with a large group you can get a discount.

If you don't have a track experience that is verifiable Jon will assign you an instructor. Same with NASA, but this is not a bad thing.

As some one else said www.nasa-southeast.com is another option, great group to run with as well, but not as relaxed and less time on track than seat time. If your end goal is to obtain a race license or a time trail license NASA is who to run with. Another cool feature is when you run with NASA you also get to see a couple of races. They also have the best parties at night!

As for the management of Roebling, I applauded Richard and Kaye for keeping a tight ship. They can be difficult do deal with if you don't know what your doing when it comes to setting an event up. But their track is always clean and the cafe has the best quality and variety of food out of any track in the south east. Until you have run all the others tracks you will not appreciate their level of service.

Mike
nasa racer
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone interested in another TGPR day?
https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road/328506-february-track-day-at-tgpr.html
Old 02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Jarred@Z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

tgrp is a way nicer track for people without the pro papers and group.