Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Paintshop woes help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM
DaProdigy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went and checked on it again today... paint looked good... besides the fact that the black trim on the side ducts of m amuse weren't done right... my only assumption is either he wasn't done yet or he was too lazy to do it right.... as i did supply them with multiple pictures of how its supposed to be done... not only that but once the guy was done he was moving my car once the paint was finished.... the bumper fell off with wet paint and noe it has to be painted again.... upside is he has to paint it again and hopefully it will be done right.... bad side is.... yet another set-back on just a damn front bumper sidesskirt paint combo.... jeezus...... imover this shiet man

... ... ... ...

Last edited by DaProdigy; 04-24-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:15 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaProdigy
i went and checked on it again today... paint looked good... besides the fact that the black trim on the side ducts of m amuse weren't done right... my only assumption is either he wasn't done yet or he was too lazy to do it right.... as i did supply them with multiple pictures of how its supposed to be done... not only that but once the guy was done he was moving my car once the paint was finished.... the bumper fell off with wet paint and noe it has to be painted again.... upside is he has to paint it again and hopefully it will be done right.... bad side is.... yet another set-back on just a damn front bumper sidesskirt paint combo.... jeezus...... imover this shiet man

... ... ... ...
Well if you decide you don't like it then let me know I might take it off your hands.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
DaProdigy

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Well if you decide you don't like it then let me know I might take it off your hands.

ok talked to him again and let him know the deal... lol what a bunch of de de dee's man... one of the younger painters said dont mention it to him... but i figured f**k that.... he might try to charge me extra for having to sit there until tomorrow... or maybe even for the extra spray.... it looked good... even though i couldn't get a bumper fender comparison because it was still taped off but the side skirts seemed to match up pretty good...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 PM
DaProdigy

update: side skirts shade is off... FB is getting painted for the 3rd time this week..... meh...
Old 04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear man i told you its hard to find a good painter.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
DaProdigy

Originally Posted by marques1
sorry to hear man i told you its hard to find a good painter.
i actually heard that they do really good paint work... just seems like they either have too much work on their hands or they just dont give a fawk... but i'll keep taking it back until they get it right.... i dont care if they hate my guts... they're starting to get the picture that im playing around... i'll post pics this weekend my fb should be done sat and i'll put it on and take pics... does color shade change slightly after it "cures"?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Concave
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the entire car isnt painted all at the same time, the shade will not match 100% perfectly.
that is why people who do car shows spend 15k on paint jobs and paint the entire car, lol. thats the truth.
it should be close tho, dont stress it too much.

just look at your gas cap and remember, that shop did a better job than Nissan did with their own gas cap.
if the shade is worse than the gas cap, then you got yourself a big problem.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:16 PM
DaProdigy

Originally Posted by Concave
if the entire car isnt painted all at the same time, the shade will not match 100% perfectly.
that is why people who do car shows spend 15k on paint jobs and paint the entire car, lol. thats the truth.
it should be close tho, dont stress it too much.

just look at your gas cap and remember, that shop did a better job than Nissan did with their own gas cap.
if the shade is worse than the gas cap, then you got yourself a big problem.
the front bumper wasn't as far as shades... but the side skirts looked like i tried to paint them myself... just plain poor quality work... i was hoping that this would be done right when i started working and now it looks like i have to leave my car there yet again! honestly for all you atlanta Z and G owners... if you're like me and actually want the quality that they promise you at the front desk... just find another shop dont go here.... the younger painter is a cool kid but they just aren't up to par with the term "QUALITY"...