Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

South West FLorida Guys Harbor Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
ryan350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South West FLorida Guys Harbor Nissan

Hey Guys and Gals. I been a long time member here and a long time nissan owner and a long time Nissan Tech. I am working at harbor nissan in port charlotte. It is a state of the art dealership with an in house dyno. I am gonna see if we can get a Stricky nissan dyno day there and maybe a small car show or something along those lines.

And Pm me if you have any questions or concerns about your car. We are mod friendly.

Ryan

Last edited by ryan350z; 05-07-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Why can't every dealership be lucky enough to find
someone like yourself. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
ZridinJ

let me know when u guys are gonna do this.Btw thanks for taking care of my Z the other week!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
ryan350z

Originally Posted by ZridinJ
let me know when u guys are gonna do this.Btw thanks for taking care of my Z the other week!
No problem, you should be popping back in so I can see how the oil is doing.

Ryan
Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
ZridinJ

yea not so good almost down 1/2 quart already and still got about 650 miles lefts.
You going to HIN next week?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
ryan350z

yea not so good almost down 1/2 quart already and still got about 650 miles lefts.
You going to HIN next week?
No I am not gonna make HIN, It is my first weekend off in 3-4 weeks and I am going to play lazy. Business been slow and that means my wallet has been slim... Did you ever get your hawk pads?? I am putting Nismo Pads on my ladies Z front and back.. I am hopping they have less dust than the Nissan Pads.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
ZridinJ

Originally Posted by ryan350z
No I am not gonna make HIN, It is my first weekend off in 3-4 weeks and I am going to play lazy. Business been slow and that means my wallet has been slim... Did you ever get your hawk pads?? I am putting Nismo Pads on my ladies Z front and back.. I am hopping they have less dust than the Nissan Pads.
yea i went ahead and got some power slot rotors too.The hawk pads are great.Almost no dust in the last 2 weeks.I hear the nismo pads are even better then the hawks from what i seen in reviews.Btw if i get a new motor do u guys junk it or return it to nissan?Cause if u guys are gonna junk it i rather keep it for a built motor project .LMK thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
ryan350z

yea i went ahead and got some power slot rotors too.The hawk pads are great.Almost no dust in the last 2 weeks.I hear the nismo pads are even better then the hawks from what i seen in reviews.Btw if i get a new motor do u guys junk it or return it to nissan?Cause if u guys are gonna junk it i rather keep it for a built motor project .LMK thanks
What happens when we do warranty work is the part gets held by our parts dept. Then Nissan may or may not call for the part back. Sometimes Nissan will call for the engine back to put it into is remanufacture process. 10 chances out of 10 Nissan will not allow that part back out into the world with out it either being destroyed, or returned to them.

Your best bet to get a motor for a built motor project is to go to someone like LKQ and get a slavage yard motor to build. Or in my honest opinion contact someone like Sharif or Kyle at import parts pro, or the guys at SGP, or if todd is still doing Builtzmotors and just do it that way... much much easier. Take it from a guy that has done his own motor twice. If I was to do it again I would just order a long block. I would be more than happy to install that motor for you. Stop in some day and let us know what you want to do and I will get ben to get prices for you on parts.

Ryan
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 AM
ZridinJ

Originally Posted by ryan350z
What happens when we do warranty work is the part gets held by our parts dept. Then Nissan may or may not call for the part back. Sometimes Nissan will call for the engine back to put it into is remanufacture process. 10 chances out of 10 Nissan will not allow that part back out into the world with out it either being destroyed, or returned to them.

Your best bet to get a motor for a built motor project is to go to someone like LKQ and get a slavage yard motor to build. Or in my honest opinion contact someone like Sharif or Kyle at import parts pro, or the guys at SGP, or if todd is still doing Builtzmotors and just do it that way... much much easier. Take it from a guy that has done his own motor twice. If I was to do it again I would just order a long block. I would be more than happy to install that motor for you. Stop in some day and let us know what you want to do and I will get ben to get prices for you on parts.

Ryan
Sounds great man.Would be great if u can do that for me.As this would be my first build and would need some advice on parts to choose and installing for me.As of now iam waiting for see what happens with this motor.If it fails and i get a new long block i would go with a vortech step .if it passes then iam gonna start with a build shortly.Either way i will have u do the install on the vortech or built motor.

Last edited by ZridinJ; 07-10-2008 at 08:20 AM.