Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Birmingham LSD install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
vanos954

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Birmingham LSD install?

I'm going to be ordering a Nismo LSD and was wondering where you guys would suggest I get it installed in and around the Birmingham area? The dealer wants full list for the LSD AND 8 hours of labor (at nearly $100 an hour) to install haha. I'll pick it up for ~$750 online and it should take about 3 hours to install I'm guessing. Any suggestions where?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:37 PM
350ZPH
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same problem. Really the only reason to pay the dealer to do it is so you can take it back there when they mess it up. Most other shops wont warranty the work unless it is something they do all the time. I ended up doing it myself at a friends shop/lift with his help just to have two sets of hands. I would say i am mechanically inclined but not a professional. The only thing that i had to do was get the bearings pressed on the halfshafts by a machine shop. Its working like a champ and no noises or anything. Fluid was pretty clean when changed after breakin. This is assuming you are putting into a base model of course. I would be surprised if the dealership even checks the backlash when they do it which is the only real way to be sure it is installed perfectly. Good luck
Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 AM
04treefiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find the number for Z solutions in bham area. Talk to Brad there and see if he can do it.