Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Ghost_shift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the B-Day wishes everyone!! Edwin, your a trip!! Ill post pics!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Chris J

Happy Bday Miguel
And Good Morning
Damn June 6th, guess I'm missing another dyno day, have fun....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 AM
ECLIPSEGST25

Happy birthday miguel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 AM
A3VT 74

Originally Posted by laracroft

Talking of which - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ghost (Miguel), who turns 34 today! Been celebrating it with ya since 1998, glad we get to spend yet another one together. Come get your present(s)!!!..... one of em can't unwrap themself you know.... well I can, but where's the fun in THAT?! Pfft.
Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
LOL!!!! Does it have a red bow???? Thanks babe!

Gracias guys!!!!

not for nothing and I know is not of my business but take it to a room... that is kinda personal...too much info.. etc (i wont write what im thinking)

in any case H.B. Miguel. now go get your presents... and dont listen to Edwin...

Last edited by A3VT 74; 05-06-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by A3VT 74

not for nothing and I know is not of my business but take it to a room... that is kinda personal...too much info.. etc (i wont write what im thinking)

in any case H.B. Miguel. now go get your presents... and dont listen to Edwin...
Thanks Ricky!!

Hey I was going to ask you how the show was. Did you win?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 AM
WildWes

For Miguel today: hoot hoot

Edwin likes Asian chicks too!!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by WildWes
For Miguel today: hoot hoot

Edwin likes Asian chicks too!!
LMAO!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 AM
A3VT 74

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift

Thanks Ricky!!

Hey I was going to ask you how the show was. Did you win?
The whole event was super nice... I just posted something about it but since you asked...

the event had a car show/ motorcycle racing circuit / drag racing imports / DJ, live entertainment / bouncy houses for the kids/ food drinks / vendors all over/ etc and guess how many 350's went.... 3.. yes, only 3 and Moroso is only 50 minutes away from our area driving normally...
Diego was there, he is the guy with the silver turbo 350 with SPEED magazine, an older guy from a different forum and me. that was it.
I think that the main reasons: most people think they car is not show worthy... or they simply are not into shows... SAD but true...
In any case, people did not have to go to participate on the show, just the other things were worth seeing and enjoying...
There was a 300 or 500 price for "the club" with the most members and nobody won that... there was no "club"...

people do not go... That is why there are less and less events... even the big events are showing lack of support.

If we the enthusiast do not support our own sport then who will??

Guys let's hit them shows !!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 05:11 AM
A3VT 74

Originally Posted by westpak
some times also schedule conflicts, I bunch of us from SFZCC were in Naples having a great time check out hilarious pics http://www.sfzcc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8154 and this date (6/28) we are having a picnic in Jupiter, just need to get a schedule of some events far enough ahead so we can schedule to attend.
Gus reminded me another reason...

but still... the lack of support of our own sport is why there are less events...

Last edited by A3VT 74; 05-06-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 AM
WildWes

Originally Posted by WildWes
Update on Dyno Day: Tentative Date : June 6

There will be a Maximum of 15 cars only for the Dyno day. If the shop is not too busy, then maybe they can dyno more cars. We will make a waiting list for the rest.

Gus gave us a great price of $30.00 for 3 runs. If you prepay by June 3, it will only be $25.00.
Paypal payments to horsepowerlogic@gmail.com, and include your username when you make your payment.
If you don't have a Paypal account, give me your payment by May 30,and I will make the Paypal payment for you.

There will be no tuning or cool down, so we keep things moving.

As of now, there are 13 cars, 2 more to go, then they go to the waiting list. If you are on the waiting list, you will end up paying $30.00 dollars on that same day.

1. JR
2. Wesley C
3. Milton C
4. Edwin
5. Jean
6. Lei
7. Jun
8. Amy C
9. IslandZavage
10. Miguel
11. 49
12. Luis
13. John C

I need each one on the list to confirm that they are going by putting C beside their name When I make the new thread next week, if you haven't confirmed yet, I will remove your name on the new thread.

Thanks to Gus for hooking us up with HP Logic!!
Payment method updated
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by A3VT 74
The whole event was super nice... I just posted something about it but since you asked...

the event had a car show/ motorcycle racing circuit / drag racing imports / DJ, live entertainment / bouncy houses for the kids/ food drinks / vendors all over/ etc and guess how many 350's went.... 3.. yes, only 3 and Moroso is only 50 minutes away from our area driving normally...
Diego was there, he is the guy with the silver turbo 350 with SPEED magazine, an older guy from a different forum and me. that was it.
I think that the main reasons: most people think they car is not show worthy... or they simply are not into shows... SAD but true...
In any case, people did not have to go to participate on the show, just the other things were worth seeing and enjoying...
There was a 300 or 500 price for "the club" with the most members and nobody won that... there was no "club"...

people do not go... That is why there are less and less events... even the big events are showing lack of support.

If we the enthusiast do not support our own sport then who will??

Guys let's hit them shows !!!!

Hey Ricky, I understand where you're coming from bro...And the thing is that I wish I could show my car at every car event there is...But the honest truth is "I CAN'T!!!" I have a Dad to take care of and just recently I needed a break and went to HIN to showoff the ride, etc...I had the same mentality as you a few months back kind of being upset that there are cars out there that are show worthy amongst our friends that don't show, and that even if the car isn't car worthy to still go, just to have fun and be around others to have a good time...But to tell you the truth I've quit all of that. When I'm able to show, I'll show...And when others feel like showing off their rides and go to car events even if their car isn't car worthy, they'll go, etc...And I'm not only talking about car events...I'm even talking about BBQ and Big Car Meet events...If they can go, they'll go...If they can't due to some kind of reason and don't feel like going, then let them have that decision. I'm not going to be a Father figure around my friends like I've been in the past being upset if somebody doesn't want to show their car. It's their decision and that's that!! That's how I see it nowadays!!! Some people have reasons not wanting to showoff their cars, and some of them just want to go to only car meets and hangout with us friends just to basically hangout...But when it comes to shows I'll not force them to go. If they want to go, then GREAT!!! If they can't or don't want to go, then let it be and leave them alone, etc...

Plus in the upcoming usual weekly Starbucks car meets, we're going to be spicing it up a bit...We're going to have our usual weekly car meets, but then afterwards it's not going to be only then to go out to eat afterwards...We're going to try to do something different as far as maybe go bowling, go to Dave & Busters, Game Works, rollerskating, go to karaoke bars to trip out, Sat drives to the Keys or Naples, etc...There's a whole bunch of things we can do...For example we have a dyno meet next month and a D1 Drift event at the end of the month that some of us are going to...You know it gets kind of boring after a while when it's just a meet, and then afterwards go eat and that's it...For those who wanna join in the fun after a meet to do any of those kinds of activities, then join us...But for those who aren't in the mood to do any of that, then won't go...But I'm not going to be upset if they can't or don't wanna go...

I hope you understand Ricky, and that you're not upset about this post of mines. That's how I simply feel about the matter...

Last edited by Tuned2JZ; 05-06-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 AM
A3VT 74

I could no agree more with you.. I understand that people have their personal situations and all of that.. trust me I do
I was just making a statement...which is my humble opinion...

people go if they want and can go.. people will not go if they do not want or can't go... that is simple LOL

I am nobody to tell people what to do or not, where to go or where not to go... you and everyone that knows me should know that by now because it was made very clear in the past...

Im just an enthusiast that feels that the sport should get a little more support... that is it... no more than that... In any case the event was awesome...

I will go to the events if I can and will not if I can not.. is that simple LOL

The hangs outs... the hangouts are great... that is how I got to meet a lot of new people here. Im glad that there is some spicing going on...
I used to leave the meets early cause like you and I both know it gets boring after a while... I have not been to the meets but maybe one day...

I could not agree more on your other point: "those who aren't in the mood to do any of that, then won't go...But I'm not going to be upset if they can't or don't wanna go..."

Upset??? why would I be upset about your post??
you are stating the truth... besides it takes a lot for me to get mad

Dale brother... nos fuimos a FUEGO !!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
ECLIPSEGST25

Originally Posted by TunedC63
Hey Ricky, I understand where you're coming from bro...And the thing is that I wish I could show my car at every car event there is...But the honest truth is "I CAN'T!!!" I have a Dad to take care of and just recently I needed a break and went to HIN to showoff the ride, etc...I had the same mentality as you a few months back kind of being upset that there are cars out there that are show worthy amongst our friends that don't show, and that even if the car isn't car worthy to still go, just to have fun and be around others to have a good time...But to tell you the truth I've quit all of that. When I'm able to show, I'll show...And when others feel like showing off their rides and go to car events even if their car isn't car worthy, they'll go, etc...And I'm not only talking about car events...I'm even talking about BBQ and Big Car Meet events...If they can go, they'll go...If they can't due to some kind of reason and don't feel like going, then let them have that decision. I'm not going to be a Father figure around my friends like I've been in the past being upset if somebody doesn't want to show their car. It's their decision and that's that!! That's how I see it nowadays!!! Some people have reasons not wanting to showoff their cars, and some of them just want to go to only car meets and hangout with us friends just to basically hangout...But when it comes to shows I'll not force them to go. If they want to go, then GREAT!!! If they can't or don't want to go, then let it be and leave them alone, etc...

Plus in the upcoming usual weekly Starbucks car meets, we're going to be spicing it up a bit...We're going to have our usual weekly car meets, but then afterwards it's not going to be only then to go out to eat afterwards...We're going to try to do something different as far as maybe go bowling, go to Dave & Busters, Game Works, rollerskating, go to karaoke bars to trip out, Sat drives to the Keys or Naples, etc...There's a whole bunch of things we can do...For example we have a dyno meet next month and a D1 Drift event at the end of the month that some of us are going to...You know it gets kind of boring after a while when it's just a meet, and then afterwards go eat and that's it...For those who wanna join in the fun after a meet to do any of those kinds of activities, then join us...But for those who aren't in the mood to do any of that, then won't go...But I'm not going to be upset if they can't or don't wanna go...

I hope you understand Ricky, and that you're not upset about this post of mines. That's how I simply feel about the matter...
TunedC63 I heard what your saying but I also understand Ricky side. The shows are put on for us the Enthusiast and If we don't go to show our passion for this sport why hold a car show?? then when they stop doing them everyone is going to be like " damn how come they aren't holding and car shows". I agree that it is great to mix it up with doing different activities but lets not forget why we got into this sport in the first place. Well those are my 3 cents.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Zonda85

milton u forgot the bottomless parties after the meets !!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 AM
GT47R

I'm more into "GO" than "SHOW", I only like to attend some shows, but I never register!
I truly enjoy tuning and modifying my car to my own standards, but I'm just not into shows.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 AM
WildWes

Weekend before that was HIN in Tampa, in which we left our families on a Friday. Then there was the mid week meet @ Starbucks, in which we had a huge turn out on a Wednesday night! Then after that was the Friday SFL G Car Club Mega Meet @ Towers.

For my wifey, for being understanding and all with all those meets, I intend to give her a great weekend for Mother's Day @ Marco Island/Naples. JR might caravan with us going to his mom.

Gotta spice up the meets Milton. Sounds great to me.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
WildWes

Originally Posted by GT47R
I'm more into "GO" than "SHOW", I only like to attend some shows, but I never register!
I truly enjoy tuning and modifying my car to my own standards, but I'm just not into shows.
Yeah right, you like the PT shows. lmao.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 AM
A3VT 74

Originally Posted by GT47R
cool... the countyline 1/8 track is open on weekends and it is only $20 for people to race all nite long... we went there once as a group and had a lot of fun... Ryan raced his Z...

the NSCRA even was a racing event.. man some cars were running in the 7 seconds on the 1/4 mile !!!
the motorcycle racing was really good as well... only one accident but nothing big... I was nice to see those guys almost touching the floor taking curves...

there are more to come.. I will post the info on a different thread... but just to get the dates out:
July 5
Oct 4
Dec 6
Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by ECLIPSEGST25
TunedC63 I heard what your saying but I also understand Ricky side. The shows are put on for us the Enthusiast and If we don't go to show our passion for this sport why hold a car show?? then when they stop doing them everyone is going to be like " damn how come they aren't holding and car shows". I agree that it is great to mix it up with doing different activities but lets not forget why we got into this sport in the first place. Well those are my 3 cents.
I understand what you're saying Eclipse by adding your 3 cents...But I have one thing to tell you..There will always be car shows. That will never die...I understand showing support when there's a carshow being held...But the simple fact is "if you're willin to show and want to show, then show...if not, then don't go...

There are tons of other car enthusiasts out there from Dade/Broward/and Palm Beach County that will showoff their cars and keep the support of carshows to continue on...

And yes spicing it up at the meets with some different after meet activities is a good thing coming from my end...But for you to say to not let us forget why we got into this sport in the first place?

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THAT ECLIPSE!!! That's what car meets are for!! We hangout, talk about our cars and talk some BS here and there...And then afterwards keep the group together to do different kinds of things, for example from what I had posted before...

That's basically it...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
jruocco

June 28th Car Show at GoldFinger!!!!! and its right next to Hooters!!! I don't want to hear any excuses!

Quick Reply: Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet