South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xp350z
hey fellas...sry to intrude on your fun :P but i got a question...im considering moving down to the pembroke/miramar area. Can you fellas give me any input on the area? hows life? do you guys love it? or do you want to GTFO of there? thx.....
Pembroke Pines/Miramar area is a nice area, I used to live right off Miramar Parkway.
But I guess it all depends what you like to do and where you will be working, and also what you like to do.

I work down south in the Dadeland area, and the commute every morning with traffic was a good 45min to an hour.
Now I live 4 minutes away from work

For example, if you have a family, probably Pembroke Pines/Miramar would be suitable for you.
If you are single/young professional who likes to go to the bars/etc, probably Brickell/Downtown is more suitable for you.

It's all relative.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 AM
WildWes

Originally Posted by Jun
Pembroke Pines/Miramar area is a nice area, I used to live right off Miramar Parkway.
But I guess it all depends what you like to do and where you will be working, and also what you like to do.

I work down south in the Dadeland area, and the commute every morning with traffic was a good 45min to an hour.

For example, if you have a family, probably Pembroke Pines/Miramar would be suitable for you.
If you are single/young professional who likes to go to the bars/etc, probably Brickell/Downtown is more suitable for you.

It's all relative.
+1
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
xp350z

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jun

It's all relative.

commute for me isnt really an issue i guess....right now it takes me like an hour or so to get to work every morning...ive been down there a couple of times and it really does seem like a nice area.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM
laracroft

Afternoon' everyone.

Personally, I was born in New York and lived most of my life in Miami. When I joined the military, I couldn't wait to get outta there! It's like living like a sardine down there. I did all the partying I wanted to do, got it out the way early and wanted to settle down. We thought about living in Pembroke back in 98, but we decided to move to North Carolina instead. Great family living. But we missed some of the hustle and bustle of the city, so we moved back to Florida.

I like Orlando because I can have the best of both worlds. Lots of family things to do, plenty of nightclubs and bars, etc. Plus our families are at least a good couple of hours away - which is actually nice. Nothing like mom telling you how to run your own family when you're in your thirties. lol
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
WildWes

Rain rain go away...
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
WildWes

Good thing I have the MB home. The G still dry inside the garage.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Artistik D

Originally Posted by xp350z
hey fellas...sry to intrude on your fun :P but i got a question...im considering moving down to the pembroke/miramar area. Can you fellas give me any input on the area? hows life? do you guys love it? or do you want to GTFO of there? thx.....
i personally want to GTFO of here lol i lived here for about 13 years. In a couple of years all the ghetto people will move over to pembroke pines house because of all the foreclosed house being put up for a good price. i personally would rather move to Davie, Weston area
Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
jruocco

Originally Posted by Artistik D
i personally want to GTFO of here lol i lived here for about 13 years. In a couple of years all the ghetto people will move over to pembroke pines house because of all the foreclosed house being put up for a good price. i personally would rather move to Davie, Weston area
I don't think so, even at low prices they still can't afford the prices there lol
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
laracroft

Originally Posted by WildWes
Rain rain go away...
Originally Posted by WildWes
Good thing I have the MB home. The G still dry inside the garage.
I don't hate the rain, I hate the standing water. I need to do my brakes - debating on whether I should do them myself or have them done at a shop.

But thankfully Miguel's bringing our truck up for our trip. I don't care if it rains on our vacation because we'll be at the beach anyway. I love warm rain... and thunderstorms are ok because it'll just give us something to do inside. Giggity, giggity.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
jruocco

Originally Posted by laracroft
I don't hate the rain, I hate the standing water. I need to do my brakes - debating on whether I should do them myself or have them done at a shop.
if you don't do them yourself just have miguel do them LOL
its just too much money to pay a shop to do your brakes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
CrillZ

Afternoon' everyone.

Personally, I was born in New York and lived most of my life in Miami. When I joined the military, I couldn't wait to get outta there! It's like living like a sardine down there. I did all the partying I wanted to do, got it out the way early and wanted to settle down. We thought about living in Pembroke back in 98, but we decided to move to North Carolina instead. Great family living. But we missed some of the hustle and bustle of the city, so we moved back to Florida.

I like Orlando because I can have the best of both worlds. Lots of family things to do, plenty of nightclubs and bars, etc. Plus our families are at least a good couple of hours away - which is actually nice. Nothing like mom telling you how to run your own family when you're in your thirties. lol

Well I'm a native New Yorker so I have different definition about the sardine thing...lol.

I live in Miami Lakes which is just south of Pines and Miramar and it's a nice place to live. Your not far from the good partying spots if your into that.

Orlando? That whole to 2am thing is not cool. I tend to arrive at clubs at 1am, so definitely not for me..
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
CrillZ

hey Dahn...Pines is far from ghetto. I gotta take you to the triangle and show you the definition of ghetto.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
laracroft

Originally Posted by Artistik D
Many, many years ago - Davie used to be a cattle and grove area. It was beautiful. I used to visit my uncle there and go horseback riding all the time. Pembroke used to be mostly rural too, with gated communities springing up EVERYWHERE about 10 years ago. I'm sure he's right about the foreclosurers - those houses back then were springing up like daises.

In my building downtown even, the condo's used to go for $400k each, now they're selling them for half that cost. We have several going into or already in foreclosure as well. I send at least 3 people to the attorney every month. Some people can't afford the ARM loans they took out and the others figure that since they're only worth half of what they paid, they're just walking away from it - even if they CAN afford it; they just couldn't flip it like they thought they could, so why bother. It's a shame.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by CrillZ
Orlando? That whole to 2am thing is not cool. I tend to arrive at clubs at 1am, so definitely not for me..

That whole club closing at 2am thingy isn't my thing either!!

The only thing basically that I like about Orlando are the theme parks and just being there for the weekend, that's it. I have a few friends that live up there and they hate living up there...

Yeah Miami might have its crazy people here and there but like Gene said Miami Lakes is a nice place to live, and well I've been living in Pembroke Pines/Miramar for the past 15yrs and I love it!!! Everything is around us from sportsbars, shops, good schools, and the clubs that don't close at 2am, etc...

I can go on and on...

So xp350z, COME ON DOWN and move in anywhere between the Miami Lakes/Pines/Miramar area..You'll like it.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
laracroft

Originally Posted by CrillZ
Well I'm a native New Yorker so I have different definition about the sardine thing...lol.

I live in Miami Lakes which is just south of Pines and Miramar and it's a nice place to live. Your not far from the good partying spots if your into that.

They say they close at 2am, but I've been out to where they're open later and get home at 4am. I usually wake up at 8 or so in the morning on weekends because I'm used to waking up at 0530 during the week anyway. So it's cool with me. I partied my a$$ off when I was younger in Miami and again while in Japan, now it doesn't take much to tire me out past my "beddie bye time". lol Clubbing gets old after a while and I go to enough wine tastings, VIP events and other crap downtown as it is. Membership has its privledges, but I'd rather be home snuggling every now and then with the hub and kid than partying all the time. But its nice enough though to get out every once in a while, have some late night fun and then have some more fun when you get home. Gotta leave time for nookie. And two or three times a day gets tiring when you're out partying til late. lmao

Talking of which - tonight downtown is a movie theater premier opening and an Orlando downtown block party for the Magic. I had VIP tickets from my job to go, but I don't know if I wanna brave the crowds after the cocktails and press release parts are over. By time I get home, I'm thinking that if they win tonight - the last thing I wanna do is drive my car anywhere near downtown. I dunno.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
xp350z

thx for all the info guys and ur opinions( both good and bad). Ive personally lived up here for 14 years and I hate it...gotten tired of it and its time for a change.

About the whole "ghetto" thing its happening everywhere here 2....but it all depends on the areas I situate myself...so i aint to worried bout that :P

Again thx alot for the info fellas...
Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Ghost_shift

Forget the schools, economy, jobs, traffic, and area. I want to live where the clubs dont close at 2am!! Wait, I want to live where I can actually live in the club, and party at my house!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
laracroft

Ghettos are everywhere, in every state. Not the whole part of any town is really ghetto - just sections. You can't really go wrong anywhere in Florida. Good luck to you!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 AM
xp350z

Ghettos are everywhere, in every state. Not the whole part of any town is really ghetto - just sections. You can't really go wrong anywhere in Florida. Good luck to you!
where i live now jax...its pretty ghetto...lol
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Ghost_shift

I know of clubs in Fort Pierce that dont close till 6am! I want to live on "23rd and I" baby!

Quick Reply: Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet