Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tuned2JZ
What's up guys!!! Its been ages since I've posted up on here. I've had to put my Dad in an assistant living facility and with working on the house renovating/remodeling it up to the fullest both inside and out and getting an english bulldog puppy named Roxy, has made me been lost for a while now.

The Supra is doing great with the final pieces of the car getting here starting by the end of this month early April from Japan...Below are the items I'm waiting on, and I will be completely done with the car. I will be posting up pics as soon as everything gets installed.

Just ordered these yesterday from Titan Motorsports...StopTech's new Trophy Sports Big Brake Kit
Dam bro I didn't know you were upgrading your big brake kit for a bigger brake kit. Cool when do you get your car back?

Originally Posted by RobV_350Z
i go to BCC central in P3 with instructor Cabrera...are you an instructor there? which number station do you work at for BSO rescue?
No I don't teach, not my thing. I work in Weston on C shift. Maybe we'll run into each other if you ride out there, or you can come to one of our Saturday meets.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
jruocco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some opinions on this front bumper? Possibly w/o the canards. What do you guys think?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Renshi

Originally Posted by jruocco
Looking for some opinions on this front bumper? Possibly w/o the canards. What do you guys think?
not feelin it tho it might look better if u paint the inner portions of the grill black
Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
jruocco

Don't really want to go two tone. One idea I was tossing around was filling in the side markers and keeping the canards
Old 03-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by 05Z33
Dam bro I didn't know you were upgrading your big brake kit for a bigger brake kit. Cool when do you get your car back?
Yeah, I'm only getting the front kit which comes with StopTech's new and lighter 6-Piston calipers and slotted 14" 355mm rotors. I went with the slotted rotors in the front to match my current StopTech's slotted rear rotors, and I didn't go with the rear 4-Piston calipers because I like my current stock Supra calipers that are all polished up.

In getting the front kit only and not the rear I saved over $3k. YES, StopTech's new Trophy Sports Big Brake Kit are expensive coming to a total of almost $7k for both front and rear kits put together. They're the same brakes that are on the Porsche GT3 Cup Car.

Btw I get my car back in 1-2 weeks...
Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM
CrillZ

that pic of the car in white doesn't do the bumper any justice. How about a different color, so you can actually see the details.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
CrillZ

Yeah, I'm only getting the front kit which comes with StopTech's new and lighter 6-Piston calipers and slotted 14" 355mm rotors. I went with the slotted rotors in the front to match my current StopTech's slotted rear rotors, and I didn't go with the rear 4-Piston calipers because I like my current stock Supra calipers that are all polished up.

In getting the front kit only and not the rear I saved over $3k. YES, StopTech's new Trophy Sports Big Brake Kit are expensive coming to a total of almost $7k for both front and rear kits put together. They're the same brakes that are on the Porsche GT3 Cup Car.

MIIIILLLTTTTTONNN!!!!!!!! Dude where have you been??? We've been to Doug's shop countless times lately and your nowhere to be found!

Are they the same as the PCCB??? As a BIG Porsche Fan, I would stick with the steel rotors instead of the Composite Ceramic. There's been a lot of complaints of them tending to fade in heavy use. Yea you may save weight but at the cost of what??? Just my Two cents homie...
Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 AM
jruocco

Its not a common bumper so not to many pics
Attached Thumbnails Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet-csfront.jpg   Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet-008.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:08 AM
CrillZ

the pic w/ the gray one is a lot better. It has your side skirts too. I like it. It looks similar to the Nismo 380RS front bumper(USDM Nismo 350Z)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Tuned2JZ

Originally Posted by CrillZ
MIIIILLLTTTTTONNN!!!!!!!! Dude where have you been??? We've been to Doug's shop countless times lately and your nowhere to be found!

Are they the same as the PCCB??? As a BIG Porsche Fan, I would stick with the steel rotors instead of the Composite Ceramic. There's been a lot of complaints of them tending to fade in heavy use. Yea you may save weight but at the cost of what??? Just my Two cents homie...
What's up BRO!!! Dude I've been madd busy with the house lately renovating/remodeling the entire house...Just a week ago I finished the garage pictured below...

Now in two weeks I'm getting the tiles removed throughout the entire house and putting in some new tiles with the rooms getting wood finishing floors. While that's going on, I'm getting the kitchen and master bathroom all remodeled and done..And the list goes on and on bro!!! When it's all said and done we're doing meets at my house and some away Canes games as well, so get ready...Plus I now have a pool table which both Edwin and Chris have already seen. Dude I'm going to be a coach potato on the weekends (LOL) when the entertainment center gets done up as well during the renovation...

Now on to the brakes...Nope they're not the same as the PCCB...If the Trophy Sports kit came with Ceramic Composite rotors, then the brakes would come out to be 10 grand more, LOL!!! The pic below is of StopTech's Porsche GT3 Cup Car that is equipped with the same Trophy Sports kit I ordered for the Supra.

It uses an AeroRotor and AeroHat, both engineered to increase airflow for better cooling and performance. It's striclty for track use but StopTech says the following ---> "StopTech's Trophy Sport Big Brake Kits can perform under heavy track day conditions, but can still be driven as daily transportation without the increased maintenance requirements associated with dedicated racing components," said Dan Lelchuk, President of Centric Parts, summarizing the benefit of the Trophy Sport program. "Trophy Sport Big Brake Kits provide reliable and quiet braking for performance cars that see heavy track time alongside everyday use at street temperatures and speeds."

HEY, I'M ALL FOR THAT BROTHA!!! And at what cost? At the cost of being damn different from everyone else, LOL!!!

You gotta come by the house!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
GT47R

I really like that front bumper with the canards J.R.
I say go for it!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
jruocco

Thanks Edwin i'm leaning toward it. Garage looks sick Milton!!!! I'm gonna start knocking on your door when I need to work on the car lol.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Tuned2JZ

Thanks Edwin i'm leaning toward it. Garage looks sick Milton!!!! I'm gonna start knocking on your door when I need to work on the car lol.
LOL!!! BTW I'm with Edwin on you getting the front bumper. Just not with the two canards on each side of the bumper. One on each side should do the job...
Old 03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
05Z33

I know you like the rear supra brakes, but have you thought about using the old stop tech front calipers for the rear. All you would need are the mounting brakets and rotors. You can even have them powder coated to match the new fronts. Oh and meets at your house FTW.

I really like that Chargespeed front bumper. Go for it JR. Also go with no canards. I think it looks cleaner.

Last edited by 05Z33; 03-19-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:07 PM
bapestah

SUP EVERYONE! Wow I haven't been through here in ages. Well hope everyone's doing good!

Oh and JR, I say chargespeed type 2

DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Artistik D

looking good milton those seats are going to be badass!!! oh and guys I started my photography http://www.flickr.com/photos/45791350@N04/
Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM
RobV_350Z

05Z33...your name's john right? unfortunately we dont have any rides at BSO stations, which sucks cuz i want to work for BSO when im finished with all my education and training. i would definetly come to tomorrows saturday meet but ill be at gulfstream park for the florida derby tomorrow our teams horse is running. ive been meaning to come to a meet for like three weekends but somerthing keeps coming up...
Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Artistik D

o5z33 is gabe john is jruocco
Old 03-20-2010, 04:39 AM
05Z33

Originally Posted by RobV_350Z
05Z33...your name's john right? unfortunately we dont have any rides at BSO stations, which sucks cuz i want to work for BSO when im finished with all my education and training. i would definetly come to tomorrows saturday meet but ill be at gulfstream park for the florida derby tomorrow our teams horse is running. ive been meaning to come to a meet for like three weekends but somerthing keeps coming up...
Just come out to the next meet then. We do it like every other Saturday.
Originally Posted by Artistik D
o5z33 is gabe john is jruocco
That is correct. I'm Gabe.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 AM
RobV_350Z

lol sorry gabe. what time do u all start the meets?

Quick Reply: Pembroke Pines/Miramar/Hollywood Z Meet