Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Maroone Nissan or any other South Florida dealership service advisor recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:23 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maroone Nissan or any other South Florida dealership service advisor recommendation

I need to take my car to the dealer because some lady cut me off and i need to replace the lateral rear back on my car, as well as checking to see if there was any other damage to the rear of the car.
Do you guys have any experience with certain service advisors at Maroone Nissan (US1 & 180something) or any other Nissan dealership in South Florida?

Or do you guys recommend taking the car to any other shop (Z shop) etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:36 AM
westpak
SFZCC

If you don't mind a drive to Palm Beach call Mike Wade at Palm Nissan, he is a member of our club and a Master Nissan Tech, club members get discounts on parts and labor. 561-253-1712.

Gus
Old 10-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Palm Beach, wow, that's like 1.5 hours away, a little too far and inconvenient for me, considering Maroone Nissan is like 5 minutes from my house.

Thanks anyway. Anyone else?
Old 10-13-2003, 11:40 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would tell you to go to Maroone in Miami, 8th street. I have been there and so far is been ok. I heard they have better service than the US1 one.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:58 AM
slaponte

Here is more info, it might help others. I went today up to TK Performance. They are a "performance" section of Tire Kingdom. The shop is on Palmetto and 57thAve (5690 N.W. 167 Street). They have a great selection of rims and performance parts.

Anyway, I wanted them to align the car before going for the new tires at Nissan (long story with feathering and Eibachs involved).

The manager there Matt Spangler) listened to me, took a look at the tires, as stated that the damage had nothing to do with Eibachs and/or alignment. He doesn't see any reason why the dealer would refuse service.

So he gave me the name of a contact at Esserman Nissan, a Mr. Rolando Sanchez (305) 626-2600 who is "performance friendly".

It turns out they couldn't take care of me today, too busy, but I will be going back thursday for the alignment. The shop is a couple of blocks from Esserman Nissan, so I might stop there and see this Rolando guy about the tires.

Note: I have never talked to him and have no idea how things will turn out, just passing along a contact that MIGHT be helpfull. And, if all this fails, I am on a road trip to West Palm to visit Mike. I just want this resolved...
Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Zulu

U might want to check out Maroone's collision center on 37 street, just where the rental cars are by the airport, past the bridge and across from Avis, I think. I got rear ended in June and they took care of it, put on a new bumper and checked for any other possible damage.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:54 AM
slaponte

More feedback : I stopped at Maroone on US1 to get a couple of basic things (closer to my house). It ended up that the "service engine soon" light came on on my way there (coincidence!).

Service was OK. They replaced my BOSE amp (per TSB), they found a small evaporator leak and took care of the light. They had to order a door piece that broke. A little slow, but it was Monday AM and busy.

BUT, when I got there this young fellow was asking about brake pads for the Z. The service advisor was giving him some lame "push" about ONLY getting the Nissan ones and that some "sensors would be off" if he used aftermarket ones. What a load!

So when I had a chance I took the young man aside, directed him to club and other web resources, mentioned aftermarket pads to reduce dust, etc... He was very happy and was going to research his options.

While also there, a Daytona Blue showed up with a smashed front end, and a Redline was sitting by the exit expecting delivery (I think), unless that was yours Jun!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Slaponte, that was my car! unfortunately, it was not expecting delivery. They changed them camber arm, camber was negative now, they could not correct it, so they were going to put it on the frame machine to check if anything else was wrong with the car. Then one of the jacks of the machine broke, so they couldn't do anything to it until this Monday, i took the car home for the weekend, had it dynoed (235whp, not bad!) , then took it home and left it there over the weekend. Monday morning i took it back, they checked it, told me they have to change:
-Radius rod
-Upper control arm
-Lower control arm
-Knuckle

Sooooo, they said the car should be done by Friday, hopefully, if they get all the parts by then.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:45 AM
slaponte

Wow, it was parked by the "Exit", with some cones "protecting" it... :-(

Unfortunately I am not surprised they don't have many of the parts in stock.

I missed the dyno (again). I took the time to wash my car and change the front emblem (from Nissan to Z)... I hear it gives you a whole 0.000001 HP!!
Old 10-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Zulu

dyno? when was a dyno done? where? I'm not following up lately.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Zulu
dyno? when was a dyno done? where? I'm not following up lately.
Saturday Oct. 18 was a dyno day at Lujan Motorsports, there is another one coming up, but it's not in Miami, it's in Davie:

Here is a quote:
-----------------------
Saturday November 1 will be the next Dyno Day at Cartek-Tuning. Same as usual. 35 dollars for 3 pulls 5 dollars more for an air/fuel reading. We will be starting at 9 am and we are going to stop taking cars at 6 pm.
GET THERE EARLY IT GETS REALY BUSY QUICK!!!!!. If you have any questions you can call 954-474-5366 or ask me.

Marcos

Here is the address:
2021 SW 70 Ave Suite b21
Davie, Florida
-----------------------

I'm probably not going to that one since i already know what my car does stock, and i haven't added anything to it since then.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

well, they ordered 2 out of 4 parts incorrectly.

This is seriously starting to **** me off, and now they say the parts are on backorder, that they should get it by monday/tuesday.

I mean, c'mon, how many freaking times can you order the wrong part? They said that the reason they order the wrong part is because the book they have says one number and the number Nissan has is another, and they have to go by their book. So why don't they have the same freaking book? Wouldn't it be a good idea to maybe, i don't know, CHECK if the part they are ordering is what they are really ordering KNOWING that the numbers are different? C'MON, it's no rocket surgery.

ok, i'm done venting, now to wait another weekend without the Z...

This seriously blows, and it just might be the last time i'm taking my car to Maroone for any type of repairs, as of what i'm experiencing...
Old 10-24-2003, 02:10 PM
slaponte

Well, my inside passenger door handle just came in, so I am going to stop by tomorrow AM and have them put it on.

I also received my AEM CAI but I will be installing that myself...

Sorry to hear your troubles, Jun. Next one to try is the one on 8th street. I went there the first time and they seemed very good. But, is kind of out of my way.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

i know, it's out of my way too, but i think i would rather deal with that than with waiting for parts for two weeks due to errors in ordering...heck, i would have gone to the one in West Palm if ihad known it was going to be like this.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:46 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Jun
i know, it's out of my way too, but i think i would rather deal with that than with waiting for parts for two weeks due to errors in ordering...heck, i would have gone to the one in West Palm if ihad known it was going to be like this.
And at Palm Nissan you get a discount on parts if you are a South Florida Z Car Club member.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:47 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Well, got my car back yesterday, it looks great. Although it took a long time to get everything fixed, they did a good job. They didn't have to use two extra parts, they only had to replace:
- camber rod
- Radius rod
- Upper control arm

So they had quoted me around $900-ish, with all the time they were taking i thought it was going to cost me $900 + an arm and a leg. Total came out around $850.

MORAL OF THE STORY: JUST SAY NO TO CURBS.