Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Columbia SC / Surrounding area meet/dinner anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:53 AM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sure there will be plenty of others but...

<-- this guy
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 AM
infinitidrivr04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ yaaa thats what i was looking for. someone just a little more professional then me lol. im assuming you prolly have a bada$$ camera too. mine is only a little fuji film 10 mp but it does the trick for now until i wanna seriously upgrade. actually shoots damn good video though lol!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Shift_Drift350z

Originally Posted by infinitidrivr04
^ yaaa thats what i was looking for. someone just a little more professional then me lol. im assuming you prolly have a bada$$ camera too. mine is only a little fuji film 10 mp but it does the trick for now until i wanna seriously upgrade. actually shoots damn good video though lol!

Just one example of HKY's amazing work...

Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Shift_Drift350z

As far as video, no one I know is going to be out there with actual video coverage, so whatever you want to do, go for it, would love to get some rolling footage. As far as photogrpahy goes, it will be dark by the time dinner is over, so unless we do a few night shots somewhere, we could plan to meet earlier in the day somewhere cool if HKY was down. I'm looking in the local area for an abandonded warehouse or something cool that would be a good backdrop.

If that doesn't work, HKY and I were talking about doing a shoot at a couple different places on Sunday, I'll let you know what we figure out. But Meeting somewhere early on Saturday seems like the most logical plan for others to join in.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
infinitidrivr04

Originally Posted by Shift_Drift350z
As far as video, no one I know is going to be out there with actual video coverage, so whatever you want to do, go for it, would love to get some rolling footage. As far as photogrpahy goes, it will be dark by the time dinner is over, so unless we do a few night shots somewhere, we could plan to meet earlier in the day somewhere cool if HKY was down. I'm looking in the local area for an abandonded warehouse or something cool that would be a good backdrop.

If that doesn't work, HKY and I were talking about doing a shoot at a couple different places on Sunday, I'll let you know what we figure out. But Meeting somewhere early on Saturday seems like the most logical plan for others to join in.
oh ya true well im definately hoping to get video. idk i was figuring maybe downtown somewhere but ya it will be dark though. ya there is a few out by like shop and bluff road. me and a few buddies actually found where the railroad cars come in at but they kicked us out of there
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
infinitidrivr04

Just one example of HKY's amazing work...

and thats y i was asking who was taking pictures. that shot is awesome and would love to just have some great overall shots taken so that is now left up to HKY
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Shift_Drift350z

but they kicked us out of there

That's what we're trying to avoid, I'm going to call around next week sometime and see if some people will be willing to let us use the building, if not, I have a couple connections who owe me favors.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
infinitidrivr04

^ ya it was a bummer and we only had four cars lol. got a couple good shots though before we had to go
Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
DaG3504TTman

and thats y i was asking who was taking pictures. that shot is awesome and would love to just have some great overall shots taken so that is now left up to HKY
Patrick does some awsome shots!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
TurboDreamzG

Stalked her FB, Type R was all I saw, does she have a Z/G? If so you know year and color?

and yeah, you can invite Spike out, we will have a photographer out there already, but he can come snap some shots if he wants.
Yeah she has a white 03 coupe with some gold wheels on it.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:35 PM
TurboDreamzG

I got a piece of junk video camera but it will do the job. It doesn't have great quality...I can edit pretty decent though if somebody brings me a camer I can shoot footage and edit it or I can use my old camera, anybody let me know!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
HKYStormFront

thanks guys, the stars aligned for those pics of tony's 370. i always do the best i can with what i'm given. hopefully david will be able to line something up and we'll be able to have a secured place to go. for example, we had a nissans meet in greensboro in february this year and the organizer of that event lined up a warehouse for us to use as a location (though it is a bit played out in photography these days). here's what i got then:

http://jpmcgphotography.smugmug.com/...11348979_G9LUV
Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
bencurtis

I saw my name on the list, and as long as they don't switch my schedule around (military) I'll be there with my 06 Z
Old 06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Shift_Drift350z

Originally Posted by bencurtis
I saw my name on the list, and as long as they don't switch my schedule around (military) I'll be there with my 06 Z

I know your pain my friend, I'm military aswell, but as for now I have that day off, and even if my schedule changed, at this point I'm almost positive "I would come down with a 24 hour virus" that day lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I know your pain my friend, I'm military aswell, but as for now I have that day off, and even if my schedule changed, at this point I'm almost positive "I would come down with a 24 hour virus" that day lol.
after all, you are pretty much the originator for this.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Shift_Drift350z

Originally Posted by G4nismo
after all, you are pretty much the originator for this.
Hahaha, that would suck pretty big ***** if I got caled in on that day, all you guys show up and I'm just chillin at work

I made a few phone calls today, talked to the Wilg Wing advertising manager again and he assured me we would figure something out for parking, it won't be an issue, and he was certain even after I told him more than 100 people are probly going to be showing up.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM
HKYStormFront

I made a few phone calls today, talked to the Wilg Wing advertising manager again and he assured me we would figure something out for parking, it won't be an issue, and he was certain even after I told him more than 100 people are probly going to be showing up.
if we could have an area roped off in front of or off to the side where we can see the restaurant in the background, that'd be awesome for pics instead of just a group in a random parking lot "this is where we ate" lol
Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 PM
infinitidrivr04

Originally Posted by TurboDreamzG
I got a piece of junk video camera but it will do the job. It doesn't have great quality...I can edit pretty decent though if somebody brings me a camer I can shoot footage and edit it or I can use my old camera, anybody let me know!
ill have a camera and its a movie recorder too. works really nice and for 10 mp it actually is a really good video. but i might let you get some good vid cause im ok just not great at keeping focus while trying to drive lol

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront
if we could have an area roped off in front of or off to the side where we can see the restaurant in the background, that'd be awesome for pics instead of just a group in a random parking lot "this is where we ate" lol
another good idea. the parking lot is huge and with connections david seems to have im sure they can work something like that out
Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Shift_Drift350z

Hahaha, I have gained quite a few "right friends in the right places" in the past few years. Glad they're finally coming in handy =D
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hahaha, I have gained quite a few "right friends in the right places" in the past few years. Glad they're finally coming in handy =D
social networking ftmfw!

Quick Reply: Columbia SC / Surrounding area meet/dinner anyone?