Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Florida - "Improper Start" moving violation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 AM
SLOPOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_HighSpeed
I am not going to address anything you have stated because you have made your position very clear, blatantly disregarding the facts or real studies done on this topic. You simply do not possess the experience to form an intelligent opinion.

Before you get upset, reading anything from wiki and then believing it is absolute fact is your first mistake. Second was to assume you know more, or have a greater grasp of traffic conditions as they apply to speeding and accidents than someone you do not know.

I can get you more articles about that law if you really want. Wikipedia only puts together a ton of articles, so I don't have to reference two full pages. For every study you have the says speed limits save lives (they only ones are sponsored by the government), I have two independent studies that prove it wrong. Your problem is that I'm right, and you refuse to admit it. Give me some proof other than just saying I'm wrong.

(also, your second point applies to you as well sir)

Last edited by SLOPOS; 12-11-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by SLOPOS
I can get you more articles about that law if you really want. Wikipedia only puts together a ton of articles, so I don't have to reference two full pages. For every study you have the says speed limits save lives (they only ones are sponsored by the government), I have two independent studies that prove it wrong. Your problem is that I'm right, and you refuse to admit it. Give me some proof other than just saying I'm wrong.

(also, your second point applies to you as well sir)
Thank you for proving yourself incorrect.

Your assumptions and overconfidence in the knowledge you do not have is very obvious.

If I was as wrong as you make me out to be then the LEO's on this board would post and say so.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
SLOPOS

Thank you for proving yourself incorrect.

Your assumptions and overconfidence in the knowledge you do not have is very obvious.

If I was as wrong as you make me out to be then the LEO's on this board would post and say so.
And yet, all you've said is that I'm wrong. You've given no reason. I'm done with this, continue on PM if you want to try to prove me wrong.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Z_HighSpeed

And yet, all you've said is that I'm wrong. You've given no reason. I'm done with this, continue on PM if you want to try to prove me wrong.

Self proclaimed victory, nice try.

There are those who know, and those who speculate with wiki links.

But by all means, be done.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Some guys follow the rules. They did everything mommy told them to do. They prefer watching football, not playing it. A penalty or foul is the worst thing that could happen to them. They often need a rule book, because often they are not confident of their abilities and skill. More often than not, these type of people get their jollies at pointing out that someone else failed because that person didn't do something correctly. I'm not saying this is wrong......just that it does not apply to everyone.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
SLOPOS

Self proclaimed victory, nice try.

There are those who know, and those who speculate with wiki links.

But by all means, be done.

Ugh...might as well argue with a wall. A wall would probably put up better points than you, though.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

The point is why even pull him over if he's the only person on the road. They're job is to protect and serve. He didn't need service, he wasn't endangering anyone. This was just a cop that wanted to show how big of a dick he had, even though it wouldn't hold up in court.
Do you know why people get pulled over for not using a turn signal, having a tail light bulb out or any other trivial reason? It's not because the size of their dick...get real.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Ugh...might as well argue with a wall. A wall would probably put up better points than you, though.

Hey! You are back!

Proving yourself wrong yet again, google the word hypocrite, better yet wiki it, and see if your posts here do not define you as one.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Do you know why people get pulled over for not using a turn signal, having a tail light bulb out or any other trivial reason? It's not because the size of their dick...get real.
Pulling someone over and telling them they have a bulb out is a service. Pulling someone over to say, 'I could give you a ticket for this, but I'm not going to because there's no reason to' is pretty dickish in my book. It's just a cop, proving to himself that he has power over the little people.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Pulling someone over and telling them they have a bulb out is a service. Pulling someone over to say, 'I could give you a ticket for this, but I'm not going to because there's no reason to' is pretty dickish in my book. It's just a cop, proving to himself that he has power over the little people.
Or it is also a service.

How would that person know that they have a light bulb out if a police officer does not stop them to tell them? Is every single traffic stop citation worthy? Should the only time a traffic stop be conducting is when a citation is going to be written?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jv350z
sounds like cops being cops...
Correction

Sound like an @sshole being a fckin douche waste of taxpayer money. Go pull someone over if they actually commit a crime worth pulling over.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Z_HighSpeed

And the thread official is sunk.

Thanks for turning it into exactly what every police-related thread becomes.

*rides the waves out of this sinking failboat*
Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
SLOPOS

Or it is also a service.

How would that person know that they have a light bulb out if a police officer does not stop them to tell them? Is every single traffic stop citation worthy? Should the only time a traffic stop be conducting is when a citation is going to be written?
Are you stupid, or can you just not read?

The first sentence in my post:

"Pulling someone over and telling them they have a bulb out is a service."
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
w0ady

you got lucky, be thankful. he was probably using that as an excuse to look for anything else suspicious. cops do it all the time. just dont get caught next time.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:28 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quit being a troll.

Your entire post is so full of HERP and DERP I cannot even remotely begin to describe.

Please rethink your attitude towards law enforcement.
Don't be a troll and presume to know my attitude towards law enforcement. I respect law enforcement and have family in it. I disagree with some laws, and I'm fairly certain that all reasonable people disagree with some rules, laws or regulations that are imposed by county, state or federal legislation.

I agree with SLOPOS about modern US traffic laws not being aimed at safety. It's an obvious fact, and you'd have to be blatantly ignorant to think red light cameras and a lot of these laws actually save lives; it's like saying gun laws save lives... criminals and idiots don't care about laws.

Don't get me wrong, some traffic laws make sense, and I hope they pass the federal ban on distracted driving (ie cell phone use)... but give us real drivers the freedom to express ourselves through horsepower again; I don't pay for tires that last less than 10,000 miles so I can wax them and show off a receipt... and if you feel otherwise, I seriously wonder why you own a sports car (considering almost no one actually tracks their car).

Originally Posted by JCat
Some guys follow the rules. They did everything mommy told them to do. They prefer watching football, not playing it. A penalty or foul is the worst thing that could happen to them. They often need a rule book, because often they are not confident of their abilities and skill. More often than not, these type of people get their jollies at pointing out that someone else failed because that person didn't do something correctly. I'm not saying this is wrong......just that it does not apply to everyone.
+1

Last edited by mcarther101; 12-15-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 PM
deezz

It is...what it is. Cops have a job to do too. It will always be a cat and mouse game. If you get caught, pay the toll and keep it movin'.
If you are cool with the officer, more that likely you will get a warning like you did.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:56 PM
jduet

Originally Posted by Deteria
Correction

Sound like an @sshole being a fckin douche waste of taxpayer money. Go pull someone over if they actually commit a crime worth pulling over.
Funny, I was watching "bait car" the other day and one of the criminals said "ya'll should be out caching dem real criminals, not waistin' it on fake cars." (The guy had drugs and stole a car)
Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Donati06Z

i got pulled over for this, i squeeled, i also still had my dealer tag and told the cop it was my first manual and im learning lol. been driving standard shift for 8 years ha.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:48 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Some interesting responses.

I have said it before and will happily say it again.

Go for a ride along during a "busy" night in a local pd, and see exactly what officers do every single day and how many traffic stops are done in an average shift, while how many more are not.

You guys talk about "real" crime as if people walk around with giant signs on their heads "I have pot" or something of that sort.

Get real.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:13 AM
NZMOWND

Some interesting responses.

I have said it before and will happily say it again.

Go for a ride along during a "busy" night in a local pd, and see exactly what officers do every single day and how many traffic stops are done in an average shift, while how many more are not.

You guys talk about "real" crime as if people walk around with giant signs on their heads "I have pot" or something of that sort.

Get real.
i dont consider having pot a "real" crime, maybe a sign saying "hey im about to shoot this guy right over there"...btw ive been on a ride along in a city in the top 10 in most dangerous city on a thursday night...

Quick Reply: Florida - "Improper Start" moving violation