Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

$1,000 for perfect mirror finish wheels 360 degrees?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default $1,000 for perfect mirror finish wheels 360 degrees?

I can buy this machine for $15-25,000. That doesn't include the polishing media used in the process per wheel. It would take about 24 hours (or more depending on wheel size/design) in machine labor. I need to gauge interest in if people would pay $1,000 to get their wheels fully polished to a literal perfect mirror shine. Who would, no **** pay $1,000 for a set of 4 wheels to come out like this? I might just start a small business if I can get 30 or so committed people.

$1,000 would not include shipping. Finished product would be raw aluminum, requiring maintenance, unless you had it clear powder-coated - which you would have to do elsewhere.

So would anyone be SERIOUSLY interested in this? I'm located in Pensacola, FL.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Just my opinion, but $1K is pricey. Also, you'd have to fix any defects the wheel(s) may have before starting the polishing process, which is more $. And, then the powder coat adds even more $.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, after a lot of Facebook feedback from various groups, there's definitely not enough interest in it for the nissan/infiniti community. It would have to be one of those "it's expensive because you can't afford it" type markets. Maybe Porsche, BMW, or Corvette owners would be interested, but my interest is quickly diminishing from the expected "it's too expensive" feedback.

How reasonable do you think $750 would be? I would have to fulfill twice as many sets of wheels to cover the sunk cost of buying the machine to break even though... which makes it much less appealing as a side business/hobby.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

If I wanted to be involved in that sort of business, I'd look into hydrodipping. Much lower setup costs, and a much broader market (not only car parts, but jet skis, bikes, weapons, etc.).