Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Miller MotorSports Park, June 13/14/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, like Isaid on the NASA forum, glad to hear you are going to make it. Gary will be there too, and we will all give our reports!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 AM
jgray

For sure!! I'll be taking my high speed camera equipment and plan to get some good photos of the weekend. Will do a write up too.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

David - glad to hear you had a good weekend and that you enjoyed the track. Also, thanks for the tips - those will make our weekend out there with NASA that much better.

It'll be a fun weekend out there with Dave and Joel in a few weeks. Hopefully we can get some other Z pilots to make the drive out.

And just as a preview, for those who haven't been out there:

Who wouldn't want to drive a track as scenic as that?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 PM
jgray

Holy Cow Man! How are you supposed to stay focused on the track? Makes me want to go hiking
Old 05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by jgray
Holy Cow Man! How are you supposed to stay focused on the track? Makes me want to go hiking
Take a good look at those mountains in the paddock or pregrid; once you get on-track you won't have time to notice them!

One last tip: notice that most of the corner stations have added signs big enough to read. They mark individual corner names ('devil', 'precision', etc.) and have a diagram that shows whether the turn is a 180, increasing radius, etc. I found them useful in orienting myself as to where I was on the track as I learned it. Later on, the signs served as a reminder to LOOK AHEAD and not be focused right ahead of the car! Keeping your vision up ALWAYS helps; no matter what track you're at.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:50 AM
jgray

What happened to ColoradoClark (Sean)? He was lobbying for Group 1 and 2 sessions for Friday AND Saturday - now that has become a reality but I don't see him registered. Step up to the plate Mr. Nismo!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Haven't heard from him since he canceled at the last minute for Pueblo due to family issues. Hope everything is allright, and even better, hope he can make it to MMP
Old 05-31-2008, 08:14 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Hard to believe that no Utah Nissan pilots are considering this event. Anybody from Utah out there?
Old 06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Any of you guys interested in splitting one of these garage spaces?

Originally Posted by bpanther
Yes those are the open bay garages. Still very nice garage spaces, out of the sun, close to the grid and there is power and air..

435-277-8011 or 801-563-4261
435-277-8008 or 801-563-4258

Call the track directly to reserve and pay for one. I think they are $75 per day.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:18 AM
jgray

Dave,
Do you think the garage spaces will support two vehicles? I'm not sure what the benefit would be other than having shelter. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll give it some thought.

Joel
Old 06-05-2008, 06:37 AM
GaryM05

The garage spaces do support two cars, if you park them in at an angle and pull most of the way in.

I'm interesting in potentially splitting a garage, too, if both of you don't work something out for your two cars. But if you do, no problem - I'll just get a separate one for Joanne and I to split.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

I'm thinking mostly shelter. And we culd have our cars in there one at a time if either of us need to do work on them. I'm sure you could park one inside and one right outside. Gary, can you back me up on this, or is space limited outside the garages?

Mostly though, it would be some nice shelter away from the sun, and near the racetrack, from what I understand.

Of course, between the three of us, we could always get two spaces and split the two spaces three ways, and then we would have more then enough room.

Tell you what, I'll call today and reserve a garage space for friday, Sat, Sun, and if either of you want to join in, thats great. If both of you do, we might try and get two spaces..

Dave
Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 AM
GaryM05

From my recollection, there is room to have two cars in the garage at once even while working on one or the other. Parking one car right outside the garage might be iffy, depending on which side of the garage building you're on (if you're on the track-facing side, there might not be room as that's basically paddock and traffic lanes right outside). Though, on the other side of at least one of the two garage buildings is the kart track, which has the same impact on space outside of the garage.

I split one of the garages last time I was out there with an Audi S4, and we had no problems fitting both cars in there, as long as we pulled in at an angle, and pulled in far enough (if we didn't pull in far enough, we would be blocking each other's exit).

One other point, if you can, request a garage stall on the side of the garage building facing away from the main track. This should (theoretically) make it easier to get the car in and out of the garage, since you'll be out of the main flow of traffic through the paddock, and will likely be cooler, since you'll be on the north side of the building (if I'm remembering the garage building layout correctly).

Dave - keep us posted on your effort to secure a garage space.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:14 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

For the SCCA National I split a garage with another racer. It was great to have a clean, flat floor to work from. They have electrical hookups and even TVs visable from some bays! Two cars will fit, as Gary and Dave have said, if parked at an angle. Downsides for me were having to park my trailer away from the garage (impound was on the asphalt in front) and having to run back and forth to get odds & ends during the weekend.

The other advantage is there's a bathroom attached at both ends of the garages. It's great to get all the gunk off your hands and make your bladder gladder before you hit the track...
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 AM
jgray

Dave, Gary, I'm in for whatever works best between us. As far as I'm concerned, the bathroom is enough reason to do this!

Also Dave, I was wondering if you would like to chain our trailers together for added security. I'd like to think that the folks at MMP are as scrupulous as they are at PMP, but you never know. Of cours, this is assuming I can get my trail ready in time, I still don't have the wire harness and the hitch had to be returned and a new one drop shipped direct from the manufacturer. I have no idea where these items are.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Got a garage reserved for Fri/Sat/Sun, East 15, which is the side facing away from the track (towards the KART track), per Gary's advice. gary, if you are wrong, you owe me a beer...

Joel, sure, no problems with chaining the trailers together. I've got a 15' cable I use, so that should be more than long enough.

Dave
Old 06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
GaryM05

Dave - Yeah, I'll gladly buy you that beer if I'm wrong (which I'm not).

Joel - do you want to share that space with Dave? Ever since this discussion started, I've begun thinking about trying to get a space for me and Joanne, since she'll be driving on both Friday and Saturday in HPDE 2. Let us know if you want to split the space that Dave got (though I might just go ahead and get one for me and Joanne anyway, so that we'll all have room).
Old 06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Since there are 4 cars and 4 of us driving, it might be good to have two garages. One for me and Joel, and one for you and Joanne. If you want, I would certianly appreciate it if you asked for the one next to me, that way there is some company, since as you know jenn won't be there friday during the day. but you are more then welcome to hang out with your new 944 friends......
Old 06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
GaryM05

I just got East 14 reserved, so we'll have 2 garages side-by-side for all 3 days.

And, I will be hanging out with the 944 guys (we've reserved a separate garage specifically for 944-Spec hanging-out/social space), but there's no reason you couldn't join us over there (and I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time in my own garage, checking over things on the car and doing general prep work.)
Old 06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, I'm so freaking jealous!!!!

Somebody, please post up pics when you guys get home. Or a link to an online album. I would appreciate it greatly.

Will

Quick Reply: Miller MotorSports Park, June 13/14/15