Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

FT+cash: My blacked out '06 350z headlights, for your untouched ones!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM
gr8scott_o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT+cash: My blacked out '06 350z headlights, for your untouched ones!

Hey Colorado guys!

For those of you with an '06-'08 350z (or an '09 convertible), I am offering up for trade my blacked out headlights, with STi Clear Lens upgrade and Halo Ring upgrade.

You may have seen my DIY thread on this forum (https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...eadlights.html). These are the same headlights used in that thread.

There are a lot of pics in those threads, but here are some finished product highlights:

Detailed specs:

After I initially took apart the headlights, I had the plastic pieces inside media-blasted with baking soda to ensure a great adhesion of the paint.

Then, I spray-painted with many coats of Krylon semi-gloss black.

I then did the halo and clear lens cut-off mod as seen in the DIY, and re-sealed using the factory sealant.

They have been complete since April of last year, and have no condensation in the inside whatsoever.

The reason I am looking to trade is to do this project over again, with some additional modification ideas I have in mind.

I would trade for your '06-'08 stock headlights, plus $300. Sorry, not interested in earlier model headlights.

If you check around, you will find that having your headlights modded will cost WAY more than that, and they didn't have the plastic pieces media-blasted.

There is one downside to my headlights, and it is going to happen on any headlight like this painted black... I am experiencing the bubbling just in front of the clear lens (pics below).

Usmanif has a fix for this, the my350z DIY thread talks about it, and you could do that fix for these headlights if you wanted them to be perfect. I was just going to live with it.

I am offering this for trade locally here in Denver only.

If you are interested, PM me and we can discuss details. I will be happy to meet locally for you to see them, and weather permitting I will be at the CONOC.net Jan Meet & Greet next weekend (http://www.conoc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2694), so you can see them there also.

Last edited by gr8scott_o; 01-10-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Made my location more obvious upfront.