Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Car Club in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Cyclemut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Club in Colorado

OK all. This is being sent out to a lot people, in the hopes that we can actually get something going.

I want to put a club together. A loose fit, no dues paying bunch of Nissan and Infinity enthusiasts that would like to get together once in a while. A group of people that we can all have as a base of friends and fellow enthusiasts.

A group that, if you feel like going out someplace (a movie on the weekend, a lunch, dinner, a car show, etc.), that you can call or post in a forum and have a group of friends at your disposal.

A place where we can each put in our own experiences and skills and give opinions, help and advice.

A community of sorts.

I want to start a chapter of a club that I already belong to. We have our own forum, our own logo, and we've already got a sponsor!

Not that a sponsor is important, I believe that being a community of our own is great. But a discount on parts is also great. I'm also working on the dealership that I work for, to give us the same discount as the Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC). But, we have to have a minimum amount of club members to get that to happen.

The club is Team BSpeed.

It used to be just a Sentra club. B13, B14, B15, etc. Now, we're national, with people from all over the country. California, Georgia, Arizona (founding) and now Colorado.

No dues, No Mandatory anything. I'm working on just getting a group of folks together that have similar interests in their vehicles.

Check out Team BSpeed here, www.bspeed.com

Our forum is here, http://teambspeed.proboards15.com/

As you read, they mention dues. In the chapter here in Colorado, I don't want to have any dues. We'll need to buy the stickers, but we can have those made locally, and be of a size that you're comfortable with. Not a problem. If, later on, we decide, as a chapter, that we want to have dues of some sort, then we can decide that at a later date. Perhaps to pay for shirts, hats, whatever.

What do you think? What's your opinion? What would you like to see in a club, a group, a chapter?

I'm open to all suggestions. Let me know what you think.

Email me @ Cox72@Comcast.net if you don't want to post any questions or comments.

PM me on any of the boards where Cyclemut is registered, I'm all over the place!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:55 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Alan- I wish you luck in organizing a Colorado chapter, but personally I've got enough club affiliations. Besides SCCA for racing, I'll support the local Z chapter, ZCCC and some of the events you have.

I've also been the only one to organize HPDE/track days for some of the 350Z guys (and others) because I think there is a crying need for them. Perhaps there is some way to make some connections between our little informal "Club Z Colorado" group and yours, but I won't be putting any club decals on my Z for the time being...
Old 11-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Cyclemut

I totally understand! Stickers aren't mandatory either. We'll have a laminated card of sorts, so that we can get the discounts at places. If Tynan's will support us, like they do the Z Car Club of Colorado, then we'll get the same discounts on parts and labor also. Mike Alderton is all for it!

Thank you though, I understand the "too much on my plate" defense. I've scaled back myself.

Just trying to have some fun, I've been missing out for a long time. Looking forward to some SCCA action though, as soon as I get all the pieces back for my car. I wrecked it, and will start putting 'er back together this week.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Interested Cyclemut, let me know if this happens!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Cyclemut

Excellent. I think we're shootin' for a meeting on December 13th. If the weather is off, don't worry about bringing her out on a bad day. We're just looking to get away from the frenzy on that day, trade contact information and see what everyone wants to see in a club.

We haven't come up with a meeting place yet, but we'll get something nailed down.

Good to hear from you Juztin!
Old 11-21-2003, 08:02 AM
ryanjs73

I'm interested but won't be able to make the December 13th get together. After the new year I should be around more and have more time.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Cyclemut

Anytime is good, don't worry about it. We'll all have fun, no problem.

Ever 4Wheel the Grand Cherokee, ryanjs73?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:39 AM
ryanjs73

I take my Jeep off-road every once in awhile. I haven't made any modifications to it so it can't handle really rugged stuff but I'm still amazed how well it does stock. There are a number of trails around my house in the mountains that go above timberline. Lots of lakes for fishing and open areas to let my huskies run.

Jeff