Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Please read: RE: Camelback Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
blckthought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read: RE: Camelback Subaru

This incident occured at 5:30 PM on November 6 at Camelback Subaru. I met my girlfriend there because she was looking to buy a used Nissan Xterra.
When I got there, I asked the salesman if I could use a computer. I was going to use it to look up prices to make sure she was getting the best deal.

So the salesman is standing right behind me, watching over my shoulder. I ask him if he could stop watching over my shoulder and stand somewhere else. He responded with a growl and said "Don't tell me what to do". He ended up standing a couple steps away.

So after doing some research, we find that the xterra isnt any great deal, so she asks the salesman for her keys back and she was going to leave. The guy turns to me and yells at me "You don't ever tell me what to do. Im not a slave. I'm an American. The only reason people like you are here is because of me"

I am asian american.

I ask him "what did you just say" and he repeats it and my girlfriend holds me back. I did not throw any punches, nor even say much, just glared at him. After a big scene, the manager comes out, we tell him the story and he doesn't give a s*it and asks us to leave the property after offering an insincere apology to my girlfriend, NOT to me.

The salesman's name is Carl Rossi.

This is to let people know about the way a Camelback Subaru employee treats its customers.

Please think twice about shopping there if you do not tolerate racism.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:53 PM
homiusang

Default Re: Please read: RE: Camelback Subaru

I hear you man, in fact i am asian as well and i have heard similar stories like than everywhere. I don't think racism still occurs but someone just don't exactly what "respect" means.
P.S. I have never had any good experience at the dealerships in Camelback area. If you are looking for a Nissan, IM me and i will hook you up w/ the salesman who sold me the Z. Cool guy, very respective and gave me a pretty good price.

Mike Ho
Old 11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
ThumpAZ

Carl Rossi sounds familiar to me from my car sales days... Used to work for Showcase Honda, I think.
Was an **** then, still is, apparently.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 AM
homiusang

Originally posted by ThumpAZ
Carl Rossi sounds familiar to me from my car sales days... Used to work for Showcase Honda, I think.
Was an **** then, still is, apparently.
I am sure he still is, he had a uneducated reply to blackthought's post on www.vwvortex.com and he was banned from posting on the forum.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:46 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

If anyone wanted to read the VWVortex discussion...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1672574&page=1
Old 11-30-2004, 09:00 PM
homiusang

THanks Yobri for the linky
Please disregard some off topic post on that thread as it's being a trend over there lately
Old 11-30-2004, 11:09 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Hmmm....please send me an email with exactly what happened as the owners of Camelback Subaru and Powell Volvo happen to both be clients of mine.

Please give me the date/time. I will make sure they hear all about this! I know Stan Powell much better so I will ask him to tell the owner of Subaru.

Email it to me at TomOlufsen@yahoo.com
Old 12-01-2004, 08:35 AM
LaidbackRacr

I can't believe that crap...I am not an advocate for violence but I would have beat the living crap out of that guy. I always think its funny when I go to car dealership or any store that sells higher end merchandise and they treat me like **** because I am younger, I just shrug it off and don't buy from them, because I know that I make 4 times more than they do I really really hate ingorant white trash. Take him out to the dumpster
Old 12-01-2004, 10:20 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Subaru does not equall higher end equipment by any means IMO.