Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego Z or G Sightings Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome cbasil!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 AM
cbasil
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone! will you guys and gals if there are any going to the HB meet by chance?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:18 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by cbasil
....on Miramar by my work,
I work off of Miramar Rd (around the corner from Speed Circuit). I'll keep an eye out for you.

BTW- the rule in San Diego is you must give a wave or nod to fellow Z owners.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 AM
cbasil
Banned

sorry for asking, what does PPW mean? are you the person with the red Z with the stickers and the bronze te37's? or the red z with the big wing and black rims?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

PPW means Pikes Peak White. That is what color Z I have. I have seen the red one with the stickers, though. Looked very nice.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
cbasil
Banned

a white one on miramar. when i work its from 3am-8-9am. thats when I see the double red 350z's. hmm, you ever been down to Group5? I haven't been down by the speed circuit since my year membership ran out :/ 3 years ago.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

I get to work at 7:30am so we probably wouldn't see each other. I'm a block north of Miramar.... over by Auto Fashion. Yup, been to Group5 a couple of times, but never bought anything. I've seen the invoices from my friend's S4 work... $$$$$$

I've only been to the Speed Circuit twice. Fun but I come out smelling like gas and oil. Wouldn't be a big if I was heading home but is when I have to go back to the office. Fun time, though.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
cbasil
Banned

we really should go there some time like all the SD owners maybe like on a friday or saturday night. auto fashion, i don't think i've ever heard of that, maybe ill check it out some time.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

[QUOTE=cbasil]we really should go there some time like all the SD owners maybe like on a friday or saturday night.QUOTE]

+ 1
Old 06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
cbasil
Banned

@ DVFlyer

hey after work today around 9am or so, I drove to find AF. I wanted to go inside and say whats up but I didn't see a white Z and when I saw a desk inside the doorway, it didn't seem like the place was open to the public. do you guys sell parts inside ?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Equinox

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
I work off of Miramar Rd (around the corner from Speed Circuit). I'll keep an eye out for you.

BTW- the rule in San Diego is you must give a wave or nod to fellow Z owners.
I work in the same area too! I'm off Trade St. and Camino Santa Fe. I'll keep an eye out for you guys.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

@ DVFlyer

hey after work today around 9am or so, I drove to find AF. I wanted to go inside and say whats up but I didn't see a white Z and when I saw a desk inside the doorway, it didn't seem like the place was open to the public. do you guys sell parts inside ?
I don't work at AF, I work at the opposite end (west end) of the building. Z is parked right out front.... keys are in it....

AF is open to the public. From the little I know of the place, they perform audio installation and suspension (air bags mostly) installation. There are a couple of guys on this forum who know them. They seem like good people.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by Equinox
I work in the same area too! I'm off Trade St. and Camino Santa Fe. I'll keep an eye out for you guys.
I go down that way when I run to Office Depot. You'll see me slow to a crawl going over those railroad tracks from hell......
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM
cbasil
Banned

sorry for the misunderstanding dvflyer. wait so equinox, you work down that hill by frazee paint and those 2 gas stations. the fun up and down hill from miramar to mira mesa blvd lol?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Akula

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
I usually post in the So Cal sightings thread, but almost never see anyone from San Diego there...... I'll try here for a while.

Let's see........ the past week or so, I've seen a yellow Z with Nismo type wing on Miramar Rd by the base. A Z with the Nismo stripe down the side in the Mira Mesa Mall parking lot by Submarina. Black Z with wing on Miramar Rd (just yesterday).

The one with the nismo stripe is mine. My girlfriend works at that starbucks, so I go there to get free coffee
Old 06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
cbasil
Banned

oh your the one with the crazy yellow Z. that's a clean car. the people that live by me don't even wave, like this morning going on the 15N by miramar back up to scripps I passed 2 blue 350z's and tried to wave at them, and they gave me some dirty look, maybe because i'm a young kid which people might think my parents got my car which they don't because 500+ a month on payments hurts my wallet lol. :/ only Z owners around Mira Mesa and Miramar are nice. Esp the blonde gal who owns a silverstone convt. Z who I got a wave back.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh your the one with the crazy yellow Z. that's a clean car. the people that live by me don't even wave, like this morning going on the 15N by miramar back up to scripps I passed 2 blue 350z's and tried to wave at them, and they gave me some dirty look, maybe because i'm a young kid which people might think my parents got my car which they don't because 500+ a month on payments hurts my wallet lol. :/ only Z owners around Mira Mesa and Miramar are nice. Esp the blonde gal who owns a silverstone convt. Z who I got a wave back.
That is true...or at least from my experience. The most friendliest Z guys are around the Miramar/ Mira Mesa area. Anywhere North of PQ or south of Clairemont and it's like "Wtf are you staring at??"

This is usually what I do (and I don't even think about it):

Modded Z: thumbs up
Older middle aged guy: a slight nod, or salute.
Young guy: throw the deuce.
Young lady: big smile
Old lady: totally ignore
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 AM
cbasil
Banned

thankgoodness i'm on the miramar/mesa mira side lol. but another sighting. i believe it was a silverstone z with these 5 star black rims. young guy was driving it. i saw a asian girl driving a new z last weekend, i was waving to her but her windows were kind of tinted so i don't know if she waved back lol.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by Akula
The one with the nismo stripe is mine. My girlfriend works at that starbucks, so I go there to get free coffee
Well.... look at that. Cool. Glad to see I spotted someone who also is a member here.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
That is true...or at least from my experience. The most friendliest Z guys are around the Miramar/ Mira Mesa area. Anywhere North of PQ or south of Clairemont and it's like "Wtf are you staring at??"

This is usually what I do (and I don't even think about it):

Modded Z: thumbs up
Older middle aged guy: a slight nod, or salute.
Young guy: throw the deuce.
Young lady: big smile
Old lady: totally ignore
You can wave or "throw us the deuce" too. It keeps us feeling young...

Quick Reply: San Diego Z or G Sightings Thread