Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

FYI: Entering JGTC show event sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down FYI: Entering JGTC show event sucks!

Just some FYI for those that ever plan to enter the show car event for JGTC. Those that coordinated this did a very poor job and made those that paid $75 a pop unnecessarily wait for countless hours.

Both Tony from Performance and I waited forever to say the least. Just to give you an idea of how long some people waited; the show car event was open to participants from 1-6PM on Friday December 17th for setting up. I didn't leave the track until 945PM!!! It takes 8 and a half hours folks to take care of 300 car contestants. What were these people doing? They didn't let us into the actual gates until approximately 630-7PM and made us drive in and wait in line for a good 30 minutes to an hour. After this wait we were told to turn around and park in a different location, which was literally on the other side of a fence. We ended up there until approximately 9PM and ended the night parking literally 100 feet from where we were waiting for most of the night.

If the same individuals run the show next year I am not going to attend.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense since I am tired and ranting.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Wicked4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's actually not bad, i take it your probably new or fairly new to the scene. When I use to go to Hot Import Nights, we would be there by 1:00pm and wont leave till like 11:00pm. After a while you just get bored, realistic its stupid to pay for you to show your car. They should PAY YOU to display your car there as they are the ones that will benefit from it not you. You just have to deal with all the headaches, another reason why I stopped showing, I remember I got my CD Changer Disc stolen at HIN, I was like WTF? I pay to get in, and for some fcking idiot to fck with my car! Its been 2 years since I have been to a show. Actually, 1 year ago but they paid me to go so it was different. Man $75.00!! WOW, I tell you I remember when it was like $20.00 to enter a show now they are charging arm and legs to show your car nowadays... Its not worth it, you should of done the track even instead at least have fun racing your car than just having to sit there doing nothing. Just my .02cents