Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

streets of willow

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:54 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default streets of willow

anyone going to streets of willow this weekend?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
ZFOR-REAL

Default Re: streets of willow

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
anyone going to streets of willow this weekend?

Nope ...Laguna Seca
Old 02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

look at the date...
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Egbert Souse

BORING. I hate Streets. Go to a real ractrack like Sears Point, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Calif. Speedway roadcourse with Oval, Buttonwillow or Big Willow. You got a high hp car that goes real fast. Why you want to compete with Miatas, SE-Rs and old VWs at Streets of Willow???
Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

put on your reading glasses old man look at the date. it was a long time ago and my first time at the track, next time ill be at buttonwillow and cal speedway so i can improve myself.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:36 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
BORING. I hate Streets. Go to a real ractrack like Sears Point, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Calif. Speedway roadcourse with Oval, Buttonwillow or Big Willow. You got a high hp car that goes real fast. Why you want to compete with Miatas, SE-Rs and old VWs at Streets of Willow???
dude, i'll take A miata and race your evo around cal speedway or laguna seca. we'll see who comes out first going fast in a straight requires minimal skill. now i am not doubting your skill in anyway of course

actually, miata's are well known for their handling characteristics. its small, light and very agile. you dont necessarily need high hp to get fun out of a track. speed through a turn carries over in a big sense. say i was taking turns roughly 5-10mph faster in a miata, then another car would just have to basically trap more than 10mph to pass me in a given time for about 8-10 sec, now i am not talking about blasting by on front straights.

take cal speedway for ex. that decresing radius right trun is a perfect example. prolly turn 6 after that quick right left. the evo, as good as it is, will have a tough time coming through there when compared to a miata. jsut physics of a 3100lb. car vs a 2200lb car. then we accelerate for about 3-4 seconds, quick right to left and accerate another 4-5 seconds. say about 10 sec. total accelrating time. in those seconds, you would have to get about 10mph to stop the gap on me, start reeling me in, and also have to catch and pass me safely in that time. sure, eventuually you will catch the miata once he comes out of that corner ever so much slower, but being big and having high hp is not all to road racing.

just my .00000000000000002 cents

Last edited by daytona350z; 02-01-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Egbert Souse

The usual nasty reponses at my350z. Come on out to Big Willow this Saturday, Feb. 5 with RacerFactory.com and I will show you what a modified EVO with 370+ hp and a serious suspension can do to an underpowered Miata on a fast track. I was passing Ferraris at Sears Point the weekend before last.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:14 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
The usual nasty reponses at my350z. Come on out to Big Willow this Saturday, Feb. 5 with RacerFactory.com and I will show you what a modified EVO with 370+ hp and a serious suspension can do to an underpowered Miata on a fast track. I was passing Ferraris at Sears Point the weekend before last.
i dont think i came off as nasty, i came off as a view other than yours and you say i am nasty. and i dont think i said underpowered miata, i said A miata. please read carefully.

i dont really care that you passed ferrari's for all i know they can be poor drivers. i can say i definately passed you at cal speedway, and outran you by a relatively nice margin till my car started to have knocking problems. does that say anything? or am i just nasty again?

feb 5 i work, i gotta pay for college somehow
Old 02-01-2005, 11:41 PM
ZFOR-REAL

put on your reading glasses old man look at the date. it was a long time ago and my first time at the track, next time ill be at buttonwillow and cal speedway so i can improve myself.
Want to run I.E. boy $$$
Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 PM
ZFOR-REAL

Originally posted by daytona350z
i dont think i came off as nasty, i came off as a view other than yours and you say i am nasty. and i dont think i said underpowered miata, i said A miata. please read carefully.

i dont really care that you passed ferrari's for all i know they can be poor drivers. i can say i definately passed you at cal speedway, and outran you by a relatively nice margin till my car started to have knocking problems. does that say anything? or am i just nasty again?

feb 5 i work, i gotta pay for college somehow

I bet I can pass you...
Old 02-01-2005, 11:47 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by ZFOR-REAL
Want to run I.E. boy $$$
why would i race you for money? it would be my 2nd time at the track, and why would i race for money to begin with, ive never known anyone to do that besides punk street racers, go away.

egbert, youve long since shown yourself to be an *******, so i dont feel i need to dumb myself down for you.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:29 AM
daytona350z

I bet I can pass you...
well thats just nice...
Old 02-02-2005, 07:01 AM
ZFOR-REAL

why would i race you for money? it would be my 2nd time at the track, and why would i race for money to begin with, ive never known anyone to do that besides punk street racers, go away.

egbert, youve long since shown yourself to be an *******, so i dont feel i need to dumb myself down for you.
Newbie...what a softy
Ok now just for fun.We will see who is a punk street racer.And Im not going anywhere accept boosting past you.peace
Old 02-02-2005, 08:55 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, did you know that Iris went to Willowspings a few months ago? She was keeping up with Ferrari's and that was her first time at the track.

Don't forget that you can email Iris and Rob. I think Iris is interested in more events and Rob has all the hook-ups for scheduling. I might be interested in this kind of event this year too. You guys can coordinate with our private email list. If I don't already have your email addys, PM me.

And, don't let Richard or this "new" forum member, ZFOR-REAL, rain on your parade.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:12 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

its fine i dont have anything to prove. i really want to go to the next buttonwillow event, but im busy until the end of february. i need to check out whos going where.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:15 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Newbie...what a softy
Ok now just for fun.We will see who is a punk street racer.And Im not going anywhere accept boosting past you.peace
i may be an *******, but im humble, someone clearly isnt.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:17 AM
daytona350z

Newbie...what a softy
woop-di-doo so according to your statement, you can just pass on the straights.

and english grammar is your friend. it should be "anywhere EXCEPT boosting past you" some basic high school freshman english class will teach you that much.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:27 AM
510dat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever notice that it's the dorkwads who can't spell who do all the BSing? Of course, we all know that everyone with an Evo is a championship driver, and it just isn't possible to pass them in any car.

I still think that the miata is the ultimate sportscar. It puts a premium on skill and handling, and much less on a lead foot.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
SE-R CAG

If you're interested in hotlapping, and tired of STreets Of Willow like the rest of us... check out our upcoming Big Willow event:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=108857

Nice relaxed track time in a safe environment, as we always provide a cornerworker/flag team & 2 man EMS response crew. There should be a pretty good mix of cars as always, a bunch of other Z's (old & new) including n ITA prepped 240z, and the usual NASA SE-R Cup cars. We welcome all types of cars, not just Nissan/Datsuns to our events too!

Shoot, we have folks who drive Hondas that come out first time & join the SE-R Club b/c they just enjoy our events, and are nice mature folks w/out attitudes.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Mr B

Question SE-R CAG. What car do you drive and what mods do you have?

Quick Reply: streets of willow