Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Meet 2/5/05 All Z's and G's and Cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Rickdogg
I was definitely surprised that they did not roll anybody! I wish all cops were like that
Judging by the lineup of cars you say was there, the cops probably felt sorry for them.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:39 AM
ghostkilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good meet. Dont know what qualifies as junk cars, lots of work and money go into some of those. Look under hoods. Whos the silver 350z guy who went on the run with us leading the pack using a GPS? Passenger had a nosebleed or something?

Later that night there was a straggler who just showed up in an Ion. Head on collision coming back from Rancho on some turns into an innocent passer byer. He was an idiot. The we had a guy blow his 200sx trying to keep up with me. Then the cops rolled again this time kicking everyone out of the santiago canyon and jamboree parking lot. We ended up at starbucks down on Warner and Bolsa.

Last edited by ghostkilla; 02-06-2005 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Dankkx1

Originally posted by ghostkilla
good meet. Dont know what qualifies as junk cars, lots of work and money go into some of those. Look under hoods. Whos the silver 350z guy who went on the run with us leading the pack using a GPS? Passenger had a nosebleed or something?

Later that night there was a straggler who just showed up in an Ion. Head on collision coming back from Rancho on some turns into an innocent passer byer. He was an idiot. The we had a guy blow his 200sx trying to keep up with me. Then the cops rolled again this time kicking everyone out of the santiago canyon and jamboree parking lot. We ended up at starbucks down on Warner and Bolsa.

im the guy with the silver 350z that was leading
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
time4aspliff

A lot of those "older junk cars" are pretty cool IMO. (Especially anything old with a Toyota badge). And Remember a lot of these guys have new Bimmers, SUV's, Acura TL's, etc. as their daily drivers. Some of those guys are quite serious about their old school project cars and consequently spend tons of money on those older rides.

I didn't make it to the meet but last October, I made the mistake of jokingly referring to my cousin's buddy's car as tired. (the rear bumper was falling off and the paint was peeling everywhere.) Well, he took the comment to heart and later that night proceeded to school me HARD in his 1986 Celica ST (fwd). I was driving my Z33. Needless to say, I was pretty embarassed. My cousin warned me that the car was fast (3rd generation 3SGTE swap, full stand alone system, etc.) The old Celica pulled away from me as if I was parked. (I found out he was boosting @ 21 p.s.i.) I came to realize that some people are only consumed with go as opposed to show.

The moral: One man's junk is another man's jewel. Oh and watch out for 12 second old school Celicas with crappy paint.