Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Track Day at Buttonwillow on Feb.26-27

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 04:37 PM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day at Buttonwillow on Feb.26-27

Who's with me?!?!?

http://www.speedventures.net/2-26-2005_event.asp

Come on...you know you want to...do it for your country...do it for your car...do it for the girls in my sig.

Last edited by J Ritt; 02-11-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Sosa

I'll be there w/ my brand new 332mm stoptech kit What hotel are you staying in?? I'm thinking the Willow Inn this time, cuz the 6 really sucked, and teh 8 can't be that much better.

See ya there
Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, should I run on my 19's
Old 02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
HanZolo

The Best Western off 5north in Bakersfield is nice. You can pick up free WiFi and get breakfast.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:17 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

id go but i think ive already got d1 tickets.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:49 AM
J Ritt

Sos,
I usually stay at the Motel 6 up there...it's kind of a dump, but it's also only $30 per night! I've never seen any bugs there, so that's my main concern. I don't think I'm going to stay both days anyway. I have to leave town for business on that Monday, and I need to get some other stuff done on that Sunday before I leave.
I've never been to that Best Western.

Rickdogg,
Just run what you brung man! I may just run my 18" street tires...not sure yet. My Yoko track tire's are near the end of their life. It doesn't matter if you're super fast, etc. The only real goal is to have a good time (which we will of course)!

ihatethatbobbarker,
You must be kidding me...
Old 02-12-2005, 07:56 AM
daytona350z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
ditto..sounds very tempting tho
Old 02-12-2005, 08:34 AM
FLZ_Boy

I'm pretty much a noobie at track events (okay, I admit it. I only played video games and its not the same thing). Anyone want an extra dead weight passenger to give pointers to for one day?

I know I have to get a SA95 Helmet + or 90 Motorcycle helmet, anyone have any recommendations or to purchase one?

As a courtsey of me dragging down your car on the track (Okay, I weigh 175Lbs.), I'll offer to split your cost on the registration. I read the FAQ on the track, but doesn't state if passengers have to register, but is there a fee to being a pasenger?

Yes, I'm a noob, sorry if I have too many questions.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:09 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by J Ritt
Sos,
I usually stay at the Motel 6 up there...it's kind of a dump, but it's also only $30 per night! I've never seen any bugs there, so that's my main concern. I don't think I'm going to stay both days anyway. I have to leave town for business on that Monday, and I need to get some other stuff done on that Sunday before I leave.

Rickdogg,
Just run what you brung man! I may just run my 18" street tires...not sure yet. My Yoko track tire's are near the end of their life. It doesn't matter if you're super fast, etc. The only real goal is to have a good time (which we will of course)!

ihatethatbobbarker,

well my parents are going, it would be kinda messed up to ditch them wouldnt it? d1 isnt till sunday though, so im wondering if i should go and just be exhausted,

bug, if you go, ill go
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
bobowah

I need to order my 355mm kit!!!!

then I can go..
Old 02-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Hmmm, i'll probably just register then. Just waiting for my hood pins and front A-Arms to be put in and I should be good to go.

Originally posted by J Ritt
Sos,

Rickdogg,

ihatethatbobbarker,

Old 02-12-2005, 09:51 AM
STRETCH

Default I'm down

I've got Streets Of Willow on Feb. 18th and Cal Speedway on March 5th..Buttonwillow will be perfect...BTW JRitt, how did you get the Hawker Odyssey battery to stay put?? Its too damn small!

Originally posted by bobowah
I need to order my 355mm kit!!!!

then I can go..
you don't need a big brake kit Bobowah! you should just sign up, it would be fun if you came!

Stretch
Old 02-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Default Re: I'm down

Originally posted by STRETCH
I've got Streets Of Willow on Feb. 18th and Cal Speedway on March 5th..Buttonwillow will be perfect...BTW JRitt, how did you get the Hawker Odyssey battery to stay put?? Its too damn small!

you don't need a big brake kit Bobowah! you should just sign up, it would be fun if you came!

Stretch
I'm curious as well. I have a Hawker p680
Old 02-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Sosa

Originally posted by FLZ_Boy
I'm pretty much a noobie at track events (okay, I admit it. I only played video games and its not the same thing). Anyone want an extra dead weight passenger to give pointers to for one day?

I know I have to get a SA95 Helmet + or 90 Motorcycle helmet, anyone have any recommendations or to purchase one?

As a courtsey of me dragging down your car on the track (Okay, I weigh 175Lbs.), I'll offer to split your cost on the registration. I read the FAQ on the track, but doesn't state if passengers have to register, but is there a fee to being a pasenger?

Yes, I'm a noob, sorry if I have too many questions.
Your welcome to ride with me if you want. Just need a 95 or above helmet and you'll be okay.

Bob Barker-- how are the Zeals??? Those are next up on my to get list. I'm pretty sure it's free to be a passenger too. PM me or somethin and we'll figure it out, or just sign up and drive your own car!!! They'll teach you everything you need to know in the class.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:02 PM
wanderlust

Hmmm...I've always wanted to try running on a track (I've never even autocrossed before). Would an event like this be ok for a TOTAL noob such as myself? My Z is 100% stock as well - right down to the factory brake pads. My main fear is getting run over out there...I don't want to be "in the way" of the serious drivers.

What are these events usually like? One of the big reasons I don't participate in autocross events is that I don't like to sit around all day for about 2 minutes of track time.

Any input would be appreciated!
Old 02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
J Ritt

Wanderlust and FLZ_Boy,
You're both more than welcome to catch some rides with me. I take passengers out all the time. I have a spare helmet that I can bring as well. You don't have to pay me or anything. Usually it costs about $10 to get in the gate. That's it. You have to sign a waiver to be a passenger. I know the organizers of the event, and they are cool with allowing passengers. I've done some instructing, and have been attending these events for about 5 years...so I can show you the basics of what goes on out there.

Check out this FAQ for more event details: http://speedventures.net/faq.asp

I'd recommend just coming to see what goes on out there the first time...don't worry about driving your cars the first time. You'll get to see and ride in some cool cars, and you'll get an idea of whether or not it's something that you would feel comfortable doing in your own car. We can all car pool up there on either friday night, or leave early on Sat. AM.

ihatethatbobbarker,
for gods sake man, don't ditch your parents!

Everyone's a noob at one time or another, so don't be afraid to ask any questions. We've all been there. I just want to get more Z guys out to the track so they can see what their car can really do.

Stretch,
My battery mount is ghetto-fabulous. I basically put some cardboard in there...I'll show you at the track. No problems so far.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:45 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

ive been to streets but it was raining so i was too timid to enjoy it, i told myself id wait till march to go again but well see.

i love the zeals where are you at ill give you a ride, i dont know where los osos is.

maybe ill just drive out to watch you guys.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:55 PM
FLZ_Boy

I'll be driving up there early morning, since I have to leave the same day.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

See you guys there! Just registered!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Anyone going Friday March 11th?

Quick Reply: Track Day at Buttonwillow on Feb.26-27