Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Car Dealers and service....will they ever learn?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:01 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Dealers and service....will they ever learn?

So my first Z I bought from Universal Nissan who completely ripped me off price wise and I swore I'd never buy from there again. However their service department was quite decent.

My new one I bought through cars direct and picked up the car from Miller Nissan in Woodland Hills. First of all the whole process took less than an hour and cars direct simply kicks booty...
The guy I dealt with at nissan was very cool as well so I left happy.

Now here is where I'm starting to get pissed off:
they only had one keyfob, i got the car friday eve at 8 pm so I was cool with the fact that they couldn't get me the second one till monday but we also noticed that it acted very oddly, you have to press and hold for ever for anything to happen. So I figured it would be a bad keyfob and when I went back on tuesday they gave me the second one but it acted the same.
So they said I'd have to bring the car back today (sat) for them to check the car.
When I got there the service guy had no idea who I was (same guy) and I had to explain again, ok, not prob. So I waited for 2 hours hoping that they'd fix it (they have no vending machine for water or such and I was thirsty as heck...) then the guy comes and tells me they need to order a new part.
so now I have to go back again, when I asked when the part will be here they said they don't know I should periodically call...wtf? Then they gave me the keys and I had to manouver the car myself out of the packed lot and take out the paper stuff and number myself and find a trash can to put it in.

Bottomline: their service department service sucks ***. My note said: Preffered Customer...I don't even wanna know how a normal customer gets treated.
I'm amazed that they don't do spotchecks when they get new cars coming in especially since this is as simple as locking and unlockinbg the car.

Sorry for the long thread but I felt like venting
Old 05-14-2005, 04:26 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

The last dealership that left the paper floormat in my Z after service got a littered parking lot!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Aloha350z

You're not very far from Performance Nissan in Duarte. If this dealership is that bad, you may want to go to Performance Nissan for service.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:17 PM
skirby015

you should get a customer service thing in the mail from Miller Nissan in Woodland Hills, I know for a fact that if u give them a bad review the guy that handles your case gets in trouble. Give it a shot. I have yet to go to a dealer that I like. I dont know if its my luck but even performance nissan was horrible. Im a nice guy, i think they dont take me seriously cause im young. F**k them all
Old 05-15-2005, 07:50 AM
VashZ350

Miller Nissan sucks , I was there and they wanted 6000$ over the sticker price for the 35th Anniversary model.

Thousand Oaks Auto Mall gave me the same car like from Miller, just 6000$ cheaper

and there service is great + free drinks w00t
Old 05-15-2005, 10:28 AM
SB Track

Universal City Nissan was the biggest joke of a dealership I've ever been to. If it wasn't for the fact that they sold us the Z at $36K out the door ($37600 MSRP), we would have never even went there. But overall, Nissan dealerships are a joke. The SoCal people are lucky to have one rogue dealership that has a great service department, Performance Nissan in Duarte.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skirby015
. I dont know if its my luck but even performance nissan was horrible. Im a nice guy, i think they dont take me seriously cause im young. F**k them all
?????? E-mail me Jeffh@perfnissan.com and let me know what happened. I'll be all over it. I've worked my tail off here to make sure things are done right and my Forum customers are handled!!
Old 05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
mrtomcat

I'm going to performance nissan for my clutch install and if that all works fine they'll have a loyal customer in me.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:12 PM
mrtomcat

So Miller Nissan WH called me yesterday saying that the part has arrived (after 2 weeks). I went there today and waited yet another 2 hours in hopes this would finally be done....oh well, turns out they forgot to order yet another part...so I need to come back for the 4rth time for something that should have been in working condition the day I bought the car 3 weeks ago...I send a complaint about this as part of my survey to Nissan corp and I sent a complaint to Miller Nissan. So 2 days ago the sales guy calls me and leaves a message saying: "Hey it's Allen just wanted to check how everything is going with the new car..." I was like WTF???
Almost forgot the cashier woman kept on disapearing from her post pissing off other customers waiting and then ended up printing and giving me a receipt for a different customer...
Only thing that kept me from really getting into their faces was the fact that they are all really sweet and nice...just incompetent I guess. It's a shame

I am as of this point handing over the award of the worst Dealerhip ever to.....Miller Nissan Woodland Hills
Old 05-29-2005, 08:51 AM
antirice

So their service dept sux, how about the sales ppl? There's a chance I might get a Z from them later on this year.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 AM
mrtomcat

I LOVED going through Cars Direct. I can only recommend the same and then based on where the car is located that's where you go but bby using them not only do you get the best prices but you don't have to deal with moron sales people. The guy at millier was good until there was a problem...I also asked him what had changed on the 05's and he said he doesn't know... do your homework and then go through CarsDirect.com