Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Cocky BMW guys ..need a supercharged coupe or z

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 09:00 PM
BruinM3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myinfinitig20
sophistication means more advanced, not better build quailty. Just cause the sheet metal the car is build with is heavier and feels more solid and the interior has a wood trim doesnt mean its more sophisticated. Our engine is years ahead of the 330's engine in terms of technology and superior performance, how about the carbon fiber drive shaft? aluminum hood? Doesn't the 3 series use the same McPherson strust as the mazda 3 ? How about the trip computer, tire pressure sensors? Where is that on a 3 series? Lets talk numberes...what does the 330trap at; 94,95mph? How about price, and resale value. Coupe holds its value better then a 3 seires, and i believe the z is number one is its category.
Just wanted to comment on a few things I saw in your post that I wanted to clarify. I don't know if all of this applies for the 330, but I know my M has an aluminum hood, along with a trip computer, tire pressure sensors, etc... The M3 is an amazing car and it's somewhat hard to talk crap about unless you've driven it (no matter how outdated it's technology might be.) Along the same lines, the 330 is a great car and an even greater car now with the release of the E90. And speaking of resale value, ihatethatbobbarker (my cousin) and I have spent the last 45 minutes doing some research and have found that the 330Ci and the 350Z Touring basically hold their value the same. Obviously more expensive models (M3 or 35th Anniversary) will hold their value better, but we chose those for comparison due to similar base price, and similar package options (at least the options we chose.)

And not all BMW driver's are badge-sensitive. I can give props to cars that deserve it, and the Z is one of those, my cousin owns one and posts on this board. I hope we can all move on and not talk crap to each other, we are all car enthusiasts here. With that said, you guys should head down to the Glendale meet, looks like there's going to be a really good turnout. Hopefully I can make it down from SF in time to make it!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:06 PM
SB Track

sophistication means more advanced, not better build quailty. Just cause the sheet metal the car is build with is heavier and feels more solid and the interior has a wood trim doesnt mean its more sophisticated. Our engine is years ahead of the 330's engine in terms of technology and superior performance, how about the carbon fiber drive shaft? aluminum hood? Doesn't the 3 series use the same McPherson strust as the mazda 3 ? How about the trip computer, tire pressure sensors? Where is that on a 3 series? Lets talk numberes...what does the 330trap at; 94,95mph? How about price, and resale value. Coupe holds its value better then a 3 seires, and i believe the z is number one is its category.
That's a pretty bold statement. But must I remind you that a 330ci ZHP sports only 235hp. With this measly 235hp, it can give our Z's a definite run. Also, I highly doubt our drive shift is anything too advanced, it is not as if the entire shaft is made of CF. Next, the point of "weight savings" ... how our tiny Z's have all this weight saving technology, yet still manage to weigh in at 3200+ lbs. The 35th Anniversary model (the nicest of the Z's) manages to clock in over 3300lbs! So much for that weight saving aluminum hood. Last time I checked, the M3 manages to sport a very sophisticated engine (3.2L I6 featuring 6 throttle bodies and over 100hp/L anyone?), along with a much bigger body, yet weigh in at about 3400+ lbs. Let us thank Nissan "sophistication" for using the same platform used on the G35 and FX. It also has about 1000 features that the Z doesn't. Finally, I believe that the 3 series does have a low tire pressure warning system. The trip computer on our vehicles is cool, but not a very advanced system to say the least. So before anyone decides to call the Z a "sophisticated" car...

We need to agree that the Z is what it is. It is an awesome, minimalist sports car based on a very solid heritage that is very well priced at the under $30,000 price tag for the lower models. It also represents some body lines of the Carrera, and that is a definite plus.

So let us avoid calling the Evo a "more sophisticated" car than the Carrera 4S because it performs similar, yet holds a price tag that represents 1/3 of the Porsche.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:14 PM
BruinM3

Originally Posted by SB Track
That's a pretty bold statement. But must I remind you that a 330ci ZHP sports only 235hp. With this measly 235hp, it can give our Z's a definite run. Also, I highly doubt our drive shift is anything too advanced, it is not as if the entire shaft is made of CF. Next, the point of "weight savings" ... how our tiny Z's have all this weight saving technology, yet still manage to weigh in at 3200+ lbs. The 35th Anniversary model (the nicest of the Z's) manages to clock in over 3300lbs! So much for that weight saving aluminum hood. Last time I checked, the M3 manages to sport a very sophisticated engine (3.2L I6 featuring 6 throttle bodies and over 100hp/L anyone?), along with a much bigger body, yet weigh in at about 3400+ lbs. Let us thank Nissan "sophistication" for using the same platform used on the G35 and FX. It also has about 1000 features that the Z doesn't. Finally, I believe that the 3 series does have a low tire pressure warning system. The trip computer on our vehicles is cool, but not a very advanced system to say the least. So before anyone decides to call the Z a "sophisticated" car...

We need to agree that the Z is what it is. It is an awesome, minimalist sports car based on a very solid heritage that is very well priced at the under $30,000 price tag for the lower models. It also represents some body lines of the Carrera, and that is a definite plus.

So let us avoid calling the Evo a "more sophisticated" car than the Carrera 4S because it performs similar, yet holds a price tag that represents 1/3 of the Porsche.

ZHP has 243hp, I believe. The 330 without ZHP package sports 233 or 235hp, something like that
Old 07-09-2005, 09:35 PM
myinfinitig20

Mind you im not talking about the m3 rather the 330. M3 is superior and much more expensive car. I'm not here to claim that the z is the best car in the world or that it can take out m3s my post was just ment to bring the ignorance of many BMW owners to your eyes once again.

What i ment to say about sophistication was that the Z has many of those small details that would earn a car such an adjective but i would never claim that a z is more sophisticated then other cars that dont have those detials. Sti and Evos could probably have the worst inteiror in my eyes but i've seen those cars smoke ferraris, carreras, and vetts. Money was placed elsewhere in the car, just like our car and just like the 3 series. 3 series wont be winning any hp wars anytime soon, but the interior is nice. doesnt make it more sophisticated does it? IN my eyes that car is a family sedan.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:23 PM
BruinM3

Mind you im not talking about the m3 rather the 330. M3 is superior and much more expensive car. I'm not here to claim that the z is the best car in the world or that it can take out m3s my post was just ment to bring the ignorance of many BMW owners to your eyes once again.

What i ment to say about sophistication was that the Z has many of those small details that would earn a car such an adjective but i would never claim that a z is more sophisticated then other cars that dont have those detials. Sti and Evos could probably have the worst inteiror in my eyes but i've seen those cars smoke ferraris, carreras, and vetts. Money was placed elsewhere in the car, just like our car and just like the 3 series. 3 series wont be winning any hp wars anytime soon, but the interior is nice. doesnt make it more sophisticated does it? IN my eyes that car is a family sedan.

okay well when you were talking about sophistication you mentioned "where are these things in a 3 series?" so I responded to that. And you're right interior doesnt't mean sophistication but neither does horsepower. There's a lot more to it.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:55 AM
SB Track

Originally Posted by BruinM3
ZHP has 243hp, I believe. The 330 without ZHP package sports 233 or 235hp, something like that
First of all. You're my hero since you have an M3 and you're a Bruin. UCLA! I'm going there this fall.

And then, according to BMW's website the 330ci has 225hp while the ZHP has 235hp. But I'm not sure if my figures or yours are correct.

Finally, the one complaint I had with the M3 had to deal with the shifter throws. I test drove one with my dad, and it was such a beautiful car. I was basically drooling the entire time. BUT the shifter throws were LONG compared to my Z. I bet that is easily fixed though according to posts over at e46fanatics.com
Old 07-10-2005, 01:07 AM
BruinM3

Originally Posted by SB Track
First of all. You're my hero since you have an M3 and you're a Bruin. UCLA! I'm going there this fall.

And then, according to BMW's website the 330ci has 225hp while the ZHP has 235hp. But I'm not sure if my figures or yours are correct.

Finally, the one complaint I had with the M3 had to deal with the shifter throws. I test drove one with my dad, and it was such a beautiful car. I was basically drooling the entire time. BUT the shifter throws were LONG compared to my Z. I bet that is easily fixed though according to posts over at e46fanatics.com

you know what, you're right about the horsepower, I apologize.

And UCLA rules, that much is obvious! What's your major? Are you transferring in or coming in out of high school?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by Gcc_m3
Hello fellow car lovers. My name is David i own a E46 m3, i will be at the car meet on sunday, i would love to see all of you who posted to come and see how friendly we are when it comes to others. well at least my group of m3 owners are. Sadly there is a widespread number of morons who always think their cars the best even when you own the SAME CAR! lol well unfortunetly we cant do anything about that. I love the 350z I was about to get one and tiwn turbo it instead of my M3 but i just didnt like the interior. when i sat in the car at the dealer and wanted to turn the wheel fast to the left (counter-clock wise) my left hand actually hit the door. Now with my M3 i go the the canyons alot even though i have no pads left and no thread on my tires i find it hard to belive how it handles. i have not seen a 350z up where we go and would love to see if THE DRIVER could hang with us. ( knowing the car can) its mostly driver when your up there once again today is saturday it is short notice but plz do come and see some of our cars, Because i find forum talk really boring. i let my car decide whos better and if you guys want to race ill happly race anyone of you. If you have a boosted Z, My friend Vick would happly race anyone of you. so lets keep things really friendly and try to have some fun. But once again plz i challenge anyong of you to come to the canyons with the Ms and even some of the awesome 3 series drivers.

Fellow street racer lol

HAHA!!! funniest post ever, this proves you guys are all cocky. Your statement clearly shows it. Its like one of those things where people say "Im not trying to be mean but your fat!" I like how you came so subtle and ended up being cocky.

"HI GUYS, IM FRIENDLY DAVID PLEASE COME TO OUR MEET BECAUSE WE ARE FRIENDLY I LIKE 350z'S BUT THE INTERIOR IS NO GOOD SO I GOT AN M3 INSTEAD AND IF YOU WANT TO RACE I'll RACE ANYONE, AND IF YOU HAVE A BOOSTED Z MY BUDDY VICK WILL HAPPILY RACE ANYONE TOO LETS KEEP IT FRIENDLY, O YEAH ONE MORE THING PLEASE AND PLEASE I CHALLENGE ANYONE!!"

This proves it here, it is very apparent that from your post the only thing your concerned is "LETS RACE!" To bad I don't have my Z anymore but some of you guys should go up there and smoke them, let me know if you need camera guy > I'll be happy to go
Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 AM
BruinM3

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
HAHA!!! funniest post ever, this proves you guys are all cocky. Your statement clearly shows it. Its like one of those things where people say "Im not trying to be mean but your fat!" I like how you came so subtle and ended up being cocky.

"HI GUYS, IM FRIENDLY DAVID PLEASE COME TO OUR MEET BECAUSE WE ARE FRIENDLY I LIKE 350z'S BUT THE INTERIOR IS NO GOOD SO I GOT AN M3 INSTEAD AND IF YOU WANT TO RACE I'll RACE ANYONE, AND IF YOU HAVE A BOOSTED Z MY BUDDY VICK WILL HAPPILY RACE ANYONE TOO LETS KEEP IT FRIENDLY, O YEAH ONE MORE THING PLEASE AND PLEASE I CHALLENGE ANYONE!!"

This proves it here, it is very apparent that from your post the only thing your concerned is "LETS RACE!" To bad I don't have my Z anymore but some of you guys should go up there and smoke them, let me know if you need camera guy > I'll be happy to go

Don't be an @ss David was trying to be friendly, don't read into his words.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:19 AM
NOBI

costa and the sage spec z would be my vote. LOL
Old 07-10-2005, 10:42 AM
myinfinitig20

turbo z > supercharged m3
Old 07-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Mike Benvo

Yesterday, after witnessing a supercharged 330 (dyno 340whp) and a competition package m3 go at it ( 330 won by a nose), i got into a heated debate with the owner of the 330 over what car is better...the coupe or the 330. Anyways he started with the german sophistication, and superiority ******** and i basically told him that a stock coupe is faster, brakes better, handles better, and mods better then a 330 and i would put my money on a supercharged coupe over his car anyday. If anyone with a supercharged/turbocharged coupe or z would like a chance to race him and his m3 friend they will be meeting up on sunday in glendale. who's in cause i would love to see him lose.
Hello all, this is Mike, with the white supercharged 330 that he was talking about.

Pretty much as far as the race between me and the ZCP M3 (which his aparently takes modded M3's by a few cars), I had a few disadvantages.

For one, an M3 has a 3.62 diff coupled with more agressive transmission ratios. I have a 3.07 diff, not to mention my redline is 2k shy of his.

I stayed even 1st 2nd and 3rd with him, and started to pull hard in 4th. Once my six speed and 3.64 is in (even 3.46 which I had prior), this will be a whole new ballgame. The fact that I was even with him with his 20% gearing torque multiplication advantage, is great news to me.

myinfinitig20, we were never in a heated debate. Wow... don't even get me started! You thought that wax and the clear coat were that same thing!!!!
We are all entiled to our personal preference. I personally would take a 330, although slower, over a 350Z. That just happens to be my cup of tea though. I have taken my car apart over and over and have personally seen the quality and careful consideration taken to assemble this car.

On another note, I just want to let you know that what you did with the cop was extremely f-ed up.

For those of you who weren't there, this is what happened. myinfin... and I were lined up next to eachother, and then he randomly stomps on the gas and takes off. I saw a cop directly behind me, and just drove normally. The cop pulled him over, and you know what he told the cop?!?!?! Why are you pulling me over, pull him over, he has an illegal supercharger and .......

I think that what you did there was chicken ****, and 1st impressions go along way.

See you guys on the road, and props to those who are not biased to one side or another based on irrevelant factors.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
sein

what time does this meet start?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
BruinM3

Originally Posted by sein
what time does this meet start?

You missed it, started at 11:00 this morning.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:24 PM
myinfinitig20

I never said that i just told the cop why would i waste my time racing a supercharged car when my car is stock! I get pulled over because you two were going to race, and your mad cause i got out of it? YOUR ****ING LUCKY i was there cause you would have been pulled over and given a ticket for every mod you have on your car. Instead of being grateful or apologized to , im getting slammed? I really dont get it.

Lets talk about miscommunication, cause you say im the one that misunderstood.
Supposedly you never said what you said , which i heard you say
supposedly you won the race even though Sev, the person you raced and what brian and i saw with our own eyes says otherwise.

why is it that your the only one thats having their statements challenged?

Earlier today you told me to change what i said to prevent a so called " flame war" and then you come to my site and diss me as if that was going to make things better
ha

end this now
nick

Last edited by myinfinitig20; 07-10-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Mike Benvo

going out with some friends now.

Will post a reply in the morning. You should just give up because I'm going to own you again.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 PM
myinfinitig20

alright, i'll be waiting

drive safe, dont blow your engine again kid..remember when racing, your supposed to shift to a higher gear

Last edited by myinfinitig20; 07-10-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:41 PM
BruinM3

so did any of you actually end up going to the meet?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:47 PM
myinfinitig20

i was there..the only guy with the black z.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
BruinM3

i was there..the only guy with the black z.

Ah, I wasn't there. I didn't actually get back from SF until after 5. I love my car but 6 hours straight down the I-5 is too much, haha.

Quick Reply: Cocky BMW guys ..need a supercharged coupe or z