Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Sell NSX for a 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Saint_Spinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell NSX for a 350Z?

Howdy folks...first post here. Great site and great car. I currently drive a '91 nsx as my daily driver. Its got a 160K on it and still looks, drives and feels like a champ. But I've been longing for a newer car and the Z looks like something in my price range. Anyone here have an NSX before? Would I be dissapointed?

What I like about the Z: Looks (very modern), and all the nice little goodies that come with it. IMO it seems like the bang for buck is unbeatable (other than Rx-8). Granted I haven't test driven one, so I can't really comment. I went from an Rx-7 to a new S2000 and then an NSX. I sold the S2k becasue it was too "hardcore" as my daily driver...in other words, the lack of torque and the noise. The NSX was a nice replacement, but alas its getting a little long in the tooth.

Question I have is, how's the noise inside? I guess I must be getting old, because I'm looking for a quiter ride than the S2000...is it as loud as an NSX? (road noise, wind noise etc.) I know the G35 seems like the best bet, but I dunno...something about the Z I like more....

The other advantage I see are all the extras you get with it. I read everyone here complaining about the Z being a minamilist car...wow...you guys must be spoiled I love the fact that it has heated seats, navi, little gauges, 0-60 timer, shift light, (useless coat hanger ). TCS/VSC (sp?) and warranty!! The only thing I had in the NSX is the automatic climate control and TCS...What are your thoughts?

Next thread I'm going to start are OTD prices you guys got... Thanks for the comments!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:35 PM
jimster716

The Z is a bit noisey...definitely a lower grumble than an S2000 so you may not mind it at all. You should test drive a Z. NSX is a driver's car. I don't think the Z compares to an NSX in bone stock form unless you only care about going in a straight line. At the same time, I love my Z and if it's in your price range I don't think there is no better car for the money, looks, and performance. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Saint_Spinner

Well, I guess I def. need to test drive the car. I'm just scared I'll like it too much
Old 07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
ppw350Zunit

did you ever have any problems with the tranny? i heard a lot of nsx owners had tranny problems with the 91-92 models.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Saint_Spinner

Nope. The problem your thinking of is the "snap-ring" problem. Technically, mine is in snap ring range, but the fact that it has 160k on it without snapping, I doubt it will ever go. Most of the snap rings occur at 50K
Old 07-21-2005, 05:22 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally Posted by Saint_Spinner
Nope. The problem your thinking of is the "snap-ring" problem. Technically, mine is in snap ring range, but the fact that it has 160k on it without snapping, I doubt it will ever go. Most of the snap rings occur at 50K
PM me if you're looking to sell the NSX (with info). I have a coworker that may be interested. I also have another coworker that's selling a 03 silver touring Z, in case you're looking to buy used.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 AM
RaySur350GT

I dunno, if you have driven an NSX for a long time, it's hard to go down to a Z. I have a friend who had a 91 NSX, then bought a Z, hated the Z. Then he sold it pretty quick and went back to another NSX. I have driven a couple NSXes and I would agree with his decision.

I would go with another NSX or Porsche.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Saint_Spinner

Thanks for the comments folks. Its hard for me to decide until I've actually test driven the car. I'll try test drive one this weekend.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Saint_Spinner

Default Nsx

*oops.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:16 AM
southern_info

I say stay with NSX's and get a newer one. NSX's looks exotic looking espically with exterior accessories. How was your car insurance on your NSX?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Saint_Spinner

Originally Posted by southern_info
I say stay with NSX's and get a newer one. NSX's looks exotic looking espically with exterior accessories. How was your car insurance on your NSX?
Insurance was "ok". I don't know how it compares to the 350z...the only thing I can compare it to, was the S2k...it was a difference about $4 a month. From what I understand, insuring an S2k is more than a 350z because of the convertible factor...
Old 07-22-2005, 12:07 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

you REALLY need to drive the Z first, its a great car and i love it to death, but its very different from an NSX so you need to see if it works for you.

also do you plan on modifying it? or keeping it stock
Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
NTRIGUE

I have driven a '91 NSX and '95 NSX.

Primarily because of the antiquated suspension on the '91 NSX the Z is much more enjoyable. The '91 NSX had the 6-SP Comptech Tranny and some other goodies and was not as fast as the Z.

The '95 NSX maybe drive the Z and you could swing either way. Gotta love new car warranty and build.

'04-'05 350Z = '95 NSX > '91 NSX
Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Saint_Spinner

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
you REALLY need to drive the Z first, its a great car and i love it to death, but its very different from an NSX so you need to see if it works for you.

also do you plan on modifying it? or keeping it stock

I don't really plan on modding it....just lowered, whith wheels. I think I'll leave everything else in it stock.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

let us know what you think when you drive it then, Z is pretty nimble for its wait
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend that has a '97 NSX and I am love with that car. It has around 35k miles on it and it is fukin awesome. Granted, I dont know anything about a '91, but I would get a newer NSX if I was financially able to. BTW, how much u looking to get for the NSX??? I would love to have one if the price is decent! You should show pix as I havent seen one that old.

Zach
Old 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Saint_Spinner

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I have a friend that has a '97 NSX and I am love with that car. It has around 35k miles on it and it is fukin awesome. Granted, I dont know anything about a '91, but I would get a newer NSX if I was financially able to. BTW, how much u looking to get for the NSX??? I would love to have one if the price is decent! You should show pix as I havent seen one that old.

Zach
Well, it looks exactly like the '97, except for some simple mods I did. Lowered abit, and bronze 5zigen gn+ wheels. The '97 has a bigger motor and 6 spd vs. the older NSX. So, performance wise, its quite a bit better.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:53 PM
NTRIGUE

The NSX is VERY low and looks VERY exotic for the price. I will own a newer but used NSX in my life amazing car timeless looks but...

You will be happier with a 350Z.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Saint_Spinner

Well guys, update: I test drove a 6-spd. and loved it. Granted it didn't feel anything like my NSX, maybe because its a newer car and I'm not used to it, but regardless, I like it alot. I want one, but the only thing stopping me now is the APR. I've never financed a car, so this will be the first time for me and financing. I don't know how my credit history is, but I just hope I don't get stuck with a 12% or anything...
Old 07-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

after reading Import Racer (the new one with the GTR Concept) this morning... i never knew that the NSX was originally a Nissan Design (mid4) but it was dropped...

interesting

Quick Reply: Sell NSX for a 350Z?