Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

8/20/05 Super Autobacs Meet 11AM

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 08:34 AM
VQ35DEV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be rolling through a little late!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Marty_G
Banned

Some pics from the meet.. It was cool meeting all you z's and few g's

Last edited by Marty_G; 08-20-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:54 PM
350z bra

freakin PHIL and JOHN got all the spot light!
Old 08-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Marty_G
Banned

My G ^^^ Diamond graphite

Last edited by Marty_G; 08-20-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
VQ35DEV6

More people showed up then expected! I thought there would be less people since it was so early in the morning! Nice seeing everyone and meeting all you new guys, I'll see everyone at the hooters meet!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Panda350z

Dayam MartyG35, your awesome!!! We were worried about the license plates coming out but you covered them up for us!!! Good looking out! We appreciate it!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Marty_G
Banned

Originally Posted by Panda350z
Dayam MartyG35, your awesome!!! We were worried about the license plates coming out but you covered them up for us!!! Good looking out! We appreciate it!!!
No worries man.. I feel the same way when peoples take pics of my car.. good luck on searching for the perfect rim on ur ride..
Old 08-21-2005, 10:52 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

ope white with vertex, another kit i cant get, im running out.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:32 PM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
ope white with vertex, another kit i cant get, im running out.
yea..ahh well, there are a ton of blue ones with vertex as well.
just make sure you get yours color matched well so it doesnt look like the one in this pic.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
VQ35DEV6

Originally Posted by daytona350z
yea..ahh well, there are a ton of blue ones with vertex as well.
just make sure you get yours color matched well so it doesnt look like the one in this pic.
That's my car, White is one of the hardest colors to match. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your shiit to yourself. What a *****.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by VQ35DEV6
That's my car, White is one of the hardest colors to match.If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your shiit to yourself. What a *****.
wow. didnt know it offended you that much. usually a body shop will respray your car till it matches, thus avoiding such color matching issues. yes i would know because i detail and work for many body shops around the so cal area. just saying that it is one of the hardest colors to match doesnt cut it in that business.

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your shiit to yourself. What a *****.
humm, thats nice. im a *****
Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

humm, thats nice. im a *****
Tony you *****!! Dont make fun of that sh*tty paint job!! jeez.....

Old 08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

hes insulting the bodyshop not you, unless you painted it yourself.

I wouldnt pay them till the paint was right
Old 08-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by MartyG35
No worries man.. I feel the same way when peoples take pics of my car.. good luck on searching for the perfect rim on ur ride..
Thanks man!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:46 AM
OCG35
Banned

Funny!!! I'm normally on G35Driver and didn’t know about his meet... Coincidently I went to this Autobacs last week to order a Billet grille... told the guy I had to have it by the end of the week because it would go to powder coat with door trim this Monday... he assured me it would be in time.

Order was Tuesday, Precision Grill is in Santa Fe Springs (20 minutes away) - As of Thurs Autobacs did not have grill and said it wasn’t being "shipped till Friday” - WTF!!! The place is 20 MINUTES AWAY!

No "Will Call"... I cancelled order and re-ordered form the same exact manufacturer though "Billet Superstore" in Anaheim (Orangethorpe by 57 fwy). Had the grill the very next day! (Yesterday). It's at the powder coater as I type.

Moral of the story... Autobacs Sucks!!! - Glad you guys had a good time though. Weird how they had a modded G35 in their lot 2 days before and didn’t make good on a sale - Oh well - must be because I'm a sedan... should have raced their toy cars out front to get some attention.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:27 AM
VQ35DEV6

wow. didnt know it offended you that much. usually a body shop will respray your car till it matches, thus avoiding such color matching issues. yes i would know because i detail and work for many body shops around the so cal area. just saying that it is one of the hardest colors to match doesnt cut it in that business.
My bad, I thought you were deliberately picking out my car. But infact the paint match is off and I'm trying to have it reshot. I took your comment in the wrong way. I shouldn't be so hostile.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 AM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Glad both of you got this worked out.. ...nice to meet ALL of you that showed up!!!!...till next meet
Old 08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
LeighJr

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
Tony you *****!! Dont make fun of that sh*tty paint job!! jeez.....

I gotta chime in here , you guys talk mad **** those 2 white z's look best out of all those pictures, M1 has painted a ton of cars for us and I have never had a problem with any of their work! White sucks *** to match and so does that ugly orange (Zraygo doesnt count cuz his car is faster than all of ours) haha ..and they usually will spray the car and let it sit for week to see how the paint settles after it dries completely and then if its off they are chiil with reshooting it. THis is a small industry honestly go easy on the **** talking its just not nice and word travels fast, and I'm sure I will probably get a sponsorship request from one of you and I'm sure you don't want me to just reply with some crap you said on here.. peace

on a side note don't these two guys own IPS ?? discounts don't come easy these days so don't burn any bridges.

Leigh
Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
LeighJr

Default haha

My bad, I thought you were deliberately picking out my car. But infact the paint match is off and I'm trying to have it reshot. I took your comment in the wrong way. I shouldn't be so hostile.
He just got out of prison hahaha be nice he still becoming one with society

j/k

L8z
Old 08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
daytona350z

yea, i apologiuze as well. i know i coulda put it into better wording, but i just got home from dd and i was so tired already. im sure the shop will try their hardest to please you for thier reputation and it will have a good ending

Originally Posted by LeighJr
I gotta chime in here , you guys talk mad **** those 2 white z's look best out of all those pictures, M1 has painted a ton of cars for us and I have never had a problem with any of their work! White sucks *** to match and so does that ugly orange (Zraygo doesnt count cuz his car is faster than all of ours) haha ..and they usually will spray the car and let it sit for week to see how the paint settles after it dries completely and then if its off they are chiil with reshooting it. THis is a small industry honestly go easy on the **** talking its just not nice and word travels fast, and I'm sure I will probably get a sponsorship request from one of you and I'm sure you don't want me to just reply with some crap you said on here.. peace

i was just saying that it wasnt a good shoot. i thought that his painter just told him that it was hard to match white and so therefore he just gave up. didnt mean any harm to any shop out there. ahh well, i know m1 will stand by their work as they always do

Quick Reply: 8/20/05 Super Autobacs Meet 11AM