Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Northridge, CA - Who is from/near there/or knows about it? - Please comment

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
nickgundara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Its like two cities east of Simi Valley. Lots of hills, oh they also had the massive earthquake there, the one where the freeway collapsed. Don't move you'll hate it. Believe me. My wife and her family are from that area. Why do you think they don't live there anymore. Traffic is absurd, housing ain't cheap, and you are in the area most people predict will detach from the rest of California....Stay in SD. There are PLENTY of engineering jobs here.
....and no, the freeway did not fall in Northridge. I was here for the quake. A freeway overpass collapsed on the 5/14 interchange adjacent to the Santa Clarita area. A cop rode his motorcycle clear off the edge and plummeted to his death. Since the interchange has been named after him.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by nickgundara
....and no, the freeway did not fall in Northridge. I was here for the quake. A freeway overpass collapsed on the 5/14 interchange adjacent to the Santa Clarita area. A cop rode his motorcycle clear off the edge and plummeted to his death. Since the interchange has been named after him.
Hey I wasn't there for the quake but my wife was....thats what she told me...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 AM
altwheels350z

he meant the 5 fwy northern up pass the grapevine
Old 08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i prefer san diego to northridge, but if the money is good...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Northridge quake was a trip. No freeways fell in Northridge, I think in Northridge proper, all the freeways are lower than ground level. There was a section of the 10 in Santa Monica and 118 between Balboa and Supulvida in Granada Hills that also collapsed at a street crossings for that quake.

But hey, California is California, we're all gonna get it at some point. That's really not the issue here.

Depending on where you are working and what kind of morning commute you like to have, there are lots of places to live in and around the valley. One of the coolest places I had was in Woodland Hills on Topanga Canyon just south of Ventura Blvd. It was at the start of the mountains and had lots of trees so we never needed air conditioning. Take a right out of the driveway and I could be up on Muhulland in no time. Take a left and the world was 3 minutes away.

Chris
Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

the freeway fell during the "northride quake" but no in northridge