Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

LA Auto Show Jan 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:14 PM
integrate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hfm
Well, we had a nice little get together. The auto show was very cool. Iris and Peter have pics I hope will be posted. Roberto, we waited until 10:15 a.m. at the Pantry and headed over. Hope we didn't miss you.

There were several Zs in the Nissan area including the Nismo S-Tune, an Axis Z, a couple regular Zs and a People's Choice Car of the Year Z that was unveiled. The Greedy Z was also on site in the after market section.

After the unveiling of the car of the year, Peter and I actually were able to make comments on video for Nissan internal about what we liked about the Z.

Iris learned how to open her trunk with her fob, I learned how to open my trunk without the fob and Peter learned that the Axis Z could hold 295 wheels.

Next meeting, we'll have to give at least a week or two notice and do a large So. Cal. get-together.

HFM
What's a fob?
Old 01-04-2003, 10:04 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A keyfob is listed on page 3-4 to 3-7 of the owner's manual. It's your remote keyless entry system, you know, the thing that comes with your keys. Beat's me why it's called a fob.

HFM
Old 01-04-2003, 10:36 PM
integrate

Originally posted by hfm
A keyfob is listed on page 3-4 to 3-7 of the owner's manual. It's your remote keyless entry system, you know, the thing that comes with your keys. Beat's me why it's called a fob.

HFM
doh, should've known.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:28 AM
unho

Originally posted by zxsaint
Sorry I flaked out ... I woke up sick as hell this morning. I had a cold last night and it just got worse.

I'm definitely looking forward to any other upcoming meets.
I hear you... I couldnt fall asleep until 4:30am cause i am sick. Hope to see you all at the next meet tho.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:40 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Hows we get some plans together from now so we give everyone some good notice? 2-3 Weeks should be good.

Any ideas for a location?
Old 01-05-2003, 09:36 AM
iris

Sounds good to me.

hfm, pasadena z and I had talked about possibly meeting at a place w/ a huge Z ad on the wall of a building and taking cool pics. But a place w/cool scenery would be good too.

The only caveat is that I'm out of town on February 4? (Sunday) for at least a week. So if we could do it before then it would be great.

I'm pretty central to everything except I would rather not meet in Orange County if we can help it (nothing against it, it's just far from me). But if people want to, *shrug* it's ok w/me.

Anyway, I will post some of my LA auto show pics soon (they're still on the camera).
Old 01-05-2003, 12:47 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by iris

The only caveat is that I'm out of town on February 4? (Sunday) for at least a week. So if we could do it before then it would be great.

I'm pretty central to everything except I would rather not meet in Orange County if we can help it (nothing against it, it's just far from me). But if people want to, *shrug* it's ok w/me.

How about Sunday, Jan 19th?

Anyone know a good resturant w/ good parking (no valet) and possibly some good scenery nearby?

I'll go keep an eye out for some places today.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Griffith Park might not be a bad idea for a view. Sunset Blvd. might be fun. Topanga, Malibu, Santa Monica, Manhatten Beach PCH drive could be fun too. Santa Barbara?

Maybe find those signs on Wilshire Blvd. or was it Sunset. We could pick the location and find a good restaurant wherever we go. Or, we could use the restaurant as the meeting spot and do a road-trip from there.

I know, let's all meet at Universal City or Miller Nissan and go neener neener to anyone who is about to buy a Z for over MSRP j/k. Sure would be funny though if 10 or 20 Z's showed up and did something like that though heh. On the flipside, we could caravan to each of our Nissan dealers (who sold our Zs at MSRP) and say hi and thanks to our sales and service people. Well, maybe not.

Have to check my calendar but I'm finding these meets fun so conflict notwithstanding, I'm in. But, someone come up with a good idea of something to do when we get to wherever we want to be, cause spending the day at the dealership isn't the funnest idea.

I know! How about Hooters in Santa Monica?

HFM
Old 01-05-2003, 05:22 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Sorry I couldn't make the Auto Show..I will probably go one day this week since our show is on Hiatus...looks like we have a few more owners in my area now...anxious to meet all of you...look for a post soon about another Canyon Run Day in our area

Jan 19 might work just fine

For those that missed our first Simi/Santa Clarita Canyon Run check it out here

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=11383

Last edited by AudioPat; 01-05-2003 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:35 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about the NISSAN HQ? They have the "Our Company Car" Z poster on their building. If we can line up our Z's there and take pix with that big poster behind us, that'd be neat.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:16 AM
iris

January 19 sounds good.

Not sure about meeting at the dealership, but anywhere is fine, even hooters.

I personally would like to

1) Take some cool pics somewhere - and if we have like 5 Z's, that's automatically cool so the scenery doesn't even matter

2) Eat

3) Drive some canyons like Audiopat's thread (I'm still in the break-in period so no real racing for me)

TONS OF FUN

I'm attaching a picture of the Dodge Razor (will post more pics in a new thread later).
Attached Thumbnails LA Auto Show Jan 4-frontrazor.jpg  
Old 01-06-2003, 01:41 PM
BullishZ

Good to see people meeting up! In the beginning... it seemed alot tougher to get people together...

Some Z owners are not that friendly. I passed by a Chrome Silver Z today on my way to work. I honked and waved "hello" but I didn't get ****!!! His license plate read "TRAK MDL" or something like that. BOO HOO TO YOU MISTER!

I'll be down for meets. I actually only made it to one so far... that Stillen event. January 19th will work for me. Just tell me where... and no, not the dealerships please.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:13 PM
iris

Dude, that sucks.

I passed a coupla CS's yesterday - one pulled out ahead of me onto Ventura Blvd into the left turn lane, so I raced past it and honked. Then not 5 mins later, I passed another one going the opposite way. He flashed his high beams at me, I waved. I don't know why, but it's totally awesome to see other Z's on the road. I feel like we're in some special club that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

BTW, I wanted to flash hb's too, but after reading the Owners Manual and how we're not supposed to turn our lights on for short periods of time... so lame. They should have done special hb's if we aren't supposed to flash the regular lights.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:40 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Here's one off the top of my head...

Jerry's Deli in Encino (on Ventura Blvd and Petit)

There's a bank parking adjacent to it which is usually empty after the bank closes (Me and my friends usually park there at night when heading over to Jerry's)

The parking lot will hold a good 20-30 cars.

Also, good food (biggest menu i've seen) and plenty of outside/inside seating.
------------------------

Theres also two mel's diners in Hollywood, but those are really high traffic areas w/ limited parking.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:41 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by iris
They should have done special hb's if we aren't supposed to flash the regular lights.
I assumed it was talking about the xenon driving lights, not the highbeams. Aren't the highbeams just standard 9005 bulbs?
Old 01-06-2003, 07:47 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by BullishZ
I honked and waved "hello" but I didn't get ****!!!

I hear ya! When I got my Z32 a while back, I highbeamed and then pulled up next to another white one on a road .... it was some really old lady and she gave me the finger! I was stunned at first and then couldn't stop laughing. I had to pull over. I bet if I snuck into her garage and swapped out her car with a white buick she wouldn't have known the difference.

I guess we have to consider theres gonna be some jerks driving around in these sweet cars. Not like Nissan could screen them out before selling them the cars =)
Old 01-07-2003, 09:31 AM
iris

Originally posted by zxsaint
I assumed it was talking about the xenon driving lights, not the highbeams. Aren't the highbeams just standard 9005 bulbs?
Are they? I might have been misinformed - I thought (b/c I read in some thread about "what would you change about the Z?" that they would change that) that the driving lights came on as well when we flashed highbeams. Is this not the case? If so, that would be great - love to flash the hb's

Ok, more pics
I really should put these in my original pic thread as well

This is the back of some exotic car - they're all running together, I think it's a Lotus? Could be totally wrong, I don't know exotics that well
Attached Thumbnails LA Auto Show Jan 4-lamboback.jpg  
Old 01-07-2003, 09:32 AM
iris

bad pic of the mayback, but the ropes and the people made picture snapping a little difficult.

No, your eyes aren't kidding you, it's two-tone! "light and dark emerald green" or something like that.
Attached Thumbnails LA Auto Show Jan 4-maybach.jpg  
Old 01-07-2003, 09:34 AM
iris

solstice - more ropes, more people blocking my way

I thought I took a pic of the Aston Martin Vanquish but for some reason I can't find it on my camera. ?? Sucks, it was the coolest car. Had 007 guns and everything.
Attached Thumbnails LA Auto Show Jan 4-solstice.jpg  
Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 AM
iris

ok, last one, totally self-indulgent but i thought it was funny. me driving on the way home. must've been a tricky spot since apparently i'm concentrating and biting my lip. hehe
Attached Thumbnails LA Auto Show Jan 4-medriving.jpg  

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show Jan 4