Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Recent Encounter with StreetImage

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:49 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
...I have 10.5 +22s...

Im not gay

gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 10-18-2005, 11:59 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...I have 10.5 +22s...

Im not gay
That little white fluffy thing on your dash would indicate otherwise

J/K Mark!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...I have 10.5 +22s...

Im not gay
Then why was your hand on my lap at Red Robin?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Phatmitzu

DUDES...GO BACK TO WORK!!

LOL...

Old 10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Superhung

Street Image is the best shop I've used...... EVER. No questions. Without hesitation, I would recommend them to anybody.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
350Now

Wow.. just finished reading. I have done numerous work with SI and they are the best and are the only one I trust with my car.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience but after reading all the above post, I think SI has done above and beyond what other shops would have done. It's just unfortunate that Dazz provided the wrong fitment offset.

Last edited by 350Now; 10-18-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:30 PM
n10zt

What's up Jeff, why didn't you show up at the last GTG at Autobac?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
350Now

Originally Posted by n10zt
What's up Jeff, why didn't you show up at the last GTG at Autobac?
Hey Eric. How's it going? Couldn't make it to the Red Robin meet this past weekend had conflicting plans.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
MastaKillaZ

The situation sucks cause he was out the cost of labor but that's not SI's fault and not booboo's fault either. no reason SI should have to swallow the cost of their labor. seems like if he knew that there was inconsistent info then he should have known that there was a good chance that the wheels might not fit but ordered them anyways. not gonna get into assumption of risk discussion... and I can understand that maybe he was upset and probably disappointed. Hopefully he'll realize that after thinking about it, his situation could have been so much worse with another shop who would not have gotten you the refund on the wheels and now he'd be stuck with four big useless, non-fitting paper weights. we've ALL had to learn lessons about mods not working out as we planned (in my case that would be non-fitting headers). and in the big scheme of things, $120 is not as expensive of a lesson as it could have been.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
tractng

Originally Posted by MastaKillaZ
The situation sucks cause he was out the cost of labor but that's not SI's fault and not booboo's fault either. no reason SI should have to swallow the cost of their labor. seems like if he knew that there was inconsistent info then he should have known that there was a good chance that the wheels might not fit but ordered them anyways. not gonna get into assumption of risk discussion... and I can understand that maybe he was upset and probably disappointed. Hopefully he'll realize that after thinking about it, his situation could have been so much worse with another shop who would not have gotten you the refund on the wheels and now he'd be stuck with four big useless, non-fitting paper weights. we've ALL had to learn lessons about mods not working out as we planned (in my case that would be non-fitting headers). and in the big scheme of things, $120 is not as expensive of a lesson as it could have been.
Agreed 100%!!! Just glad that you are not stuck with the rims.

Tony
Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Not about the Rim's - Team SI

All:

This is not about the issue the fellow had with the rim's

This is about how many times we have been helped out by Street Image.

Example:
Wld350Z was installing a NOX kit at 5:45PM on a Saturday before the Sunday Fast and Furious 3 casting call. A 350Z coil fried. All Nissan Agency's were closed until Monday....

A cold call to Street Image at 6:00PM - with 45 minutes away.. Eric told us he had a spare to sell us, and would keep the shop open. We went surface streets most of the way and got there in time. Got the part - got additional information on the project, and once again the Team SI bailed our A** out.
We made the F&F3 show the following Sunday..

Jeff, Eric (Even the young lady on the call in desk) have gone out of thier way to help us our projects. From Tony and myself - Thanks Street Image !!

Cheers Amy -
Old 10-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Janus

The extent of the documentation leaves little doubt that Street Image handled this in an EXTREMELY courtious and proffessional fashion.

At my work, we handle over 1,000 transactions a week. Each transaction is for a completely custom fabricated thing (namely printed business cards/flyers). About 1% of these orders have some problem. That makes 10 orders a week go bad. Its a statistical fact that no matter what you cannot get rid of.

The true test of measure comes with how the company resolves this discrepancy. And it is clearly evidenced that Street Image did thus.

Let me quote an author named Terry Goodkind from his book: 'Wizards First Rule':
People believe what they believe, either because they wish it to be true, or are afraid that it is.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum Jeff.

P.S. The best mod install I have had to date was done by Eric at Street Image. Not only was he extremely courteous, he dropped me off at my work 30 minutes away, let me pester him with questions, and performed an IMMACULATE install.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:40 PM
FairladyZX

From what I'm reading...I think I better take my Z to crediable shops such as Street Image for all future installations instead of Nissan dealer's **** service dept. including Performance Nissan.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
From what I'm reading...I think I better take my Z to crediable shops such as Street Image for all future installations instead of Nissan dealer's **** service dept. including Performance Nissan.
Yeah, the dealer's service department tends to be "by the book" for understandable reasons, but for the modders we need unconventional
Old 10-22-2005, 10:02 AM
FairladyZX

+10^
Old 10-22-2005, 10:24 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
+10^

that is not a ****ty offset
Old 10-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by REDROADSTER350Z
But he is still out $120, waited 8 hours to get in his car and go home.
I have never had any experiences with StrretImage but if the supplier confirms to the customer that a product will fit then it doesn't shouldn't that individual get his money back?

I mean common some people work very hard to earn $120 and not to get the full amount from a company as reputable as this, that's just absurd.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by MastaKillaZ
I think youre missing the point though. The point is that if Street Image is as good and professional as everyone says they are, they wouldve known that the rims wouldnt fit over his stoptech BBK (which BTW may have been a problem with the valve stems hitting the caliper due to the extra hight of the TPS) and wouldve put their reputation AND their cost of labor on the line. For them to not give him his $120 back is just ridiculous. If they (street image) are the ones who are supposed to be professionals, then they should act like it and put their money where their mouth is like all the big boys do.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:20 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by Risk
I think youre missing the point though. The point is that if Street Image is as good and professional as everyone says they are, they wouldve known that the rims wouldnt fit over his stoptech BBK (which BTW may have been a problem with the valve stems hitting the caliper due to the extra hight of the TPS) and wouldve put their reputation AND their cost of labor on the line. For them to not give him his $120 back is just ridiculous. If they (street image) are the ones who are supposed to be professionals, then they should act like it and put their money where their mouth is like all the big boys do.

the customer insisted...
Old 10-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
the customer insisted...
I just read it through again....where does the customer insist?

Quick Reply: Recent Encounter with StreetImage