Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Fully Functional Harness bar Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Panda350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xziteme
Here are some pics of the bar I took today for Jon at the Toys For Tots Car Show. I'm not an expert, but this bar is very very solid and fully functional. I pulled and yanked as hard as I could on the bar and it would not even jiggle.

BTW, congrats Jon for your 1st Place trophy in the 350Z category!
Thanks alot for the pics!!! Congrats on your trophy as well!!! We all did well and all the cars were nicely displayed! Tony's car finally got recognition it's been long awaited...Congrats TONY!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Alang

It looks really solid, but the way it protrudes into the drivers area I would be concerned with bashing my head on it in an accident. I'm 6'3" and need the seat all the way back and reclined, so there would be maximum exposure of that bar to my head if any lateral motion is introduced in an accident.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by Alang
It looks really solid, but the way it protrudes into the drivers area I would be concerned with bashing my head on it in an accident. I'm 6'3" and need the seat all the way back and reclined, so there would be maximum exposure of that bar to my head if any lateral motion is introduced in an accident.
There are actually pads that go on the bar but I wanted to get mine in leather...so that is actually not a problem. Hope that helps
Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alang
i agree in a case were your whipped aroudn that bar will simply kill you. even if there a pad there. they should of made it with the petrusion behind the bar! i would of bought it then! anyways ake a pic of the seat fully pulled back and the seat back straigt up/slightly tilted back with a passanger, i would like to see this. thanks again
Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
i agree in a case were your whipped aroudn that bar will simply kill you. even if there a pad there. they should of made it with the petrusion behind the bar! i would of bought it then! anyways ake a pic of the seat fully pulled back and the seat back straigt up/slightly tilted back with a passanger, i would like to see this. thanks again
That pertrousion is actually what keeps the bar very stable. Remember this is a harness bar for harnesses. This is for the track junkies out there as well as people wanting a harness (meaning your going to be wearing a helmet). In all honesty the petrusion doesn't stick out that far, and this is an easy install and uninstall. If you want to daily drive with it thats cool cuz thats what I do. But if your worried its, a 15 min install and uninstall time so its not that bad.

So far:
1. VQ35DEV6
2. Anubiss
3. Tony@Performance
4. Style JDM

Only 6 more to go, I think its actually only four more to go, two people I gotta check back with.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Seems to me this one is going to pivot MUCH more than the Avalon bar which has NO pivot points like this design. BAH!
I'd go Avalon or BCR.
+1 on the Avalon. It does not pivot whatsoever. It's by far the most solid harness bar I've ever seen.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by spf4000
+1 on the Avalon. It does not pivot whatsoever. It's by far the most solid harness bar I've ever seen.
The Avalon harness bar IMHO is the worst bar i've ever seen! No slots for harness so harnesses are free to move around, OEM belts bolt onto bar and not OEM location, location obstructs view, and the fact it has no stabilizers makes it even more prone to pivoting, its just a bar that can easily twist, the stabilizers on this bar prevent it from twisting back or forward. Well once again, this thread is for people interested in a functional harness bar, if you prefer the avalon or BCR thats fine!

THIS THREAD WAS CREATED FOR A GROUP BUY, NOT A DEBATE! FOR THOSE WHO KNOW ABOUT HARNESS BARS AND ARE INTERESTED IN A FULLY FUNCTIONAL HARNESS BAR PLEASE POST YOUR NAME, OTHER THAN THAT WE CAN START A NEW THREAD DEBATING HARNESS BARS! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BAR PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PM ME! THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!
Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
In the pics the passenger seat is all the way up and tilted back. Its the same on both sides.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:56 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by Panda350z
The Avalon harness bar IMHO is the worst bar i've ever seen! No slots for harness so harnesses are free to move around, OEM belts bolt onto bar and not OEM location, location obstructs view, and the fact it has no stabilizers makes it even more prone to pivoting, its just a bar that can easily twist, the stabilizers on this bar prevent it from twisting back or forward. Well once again, this thread is for people interested in a functional harness bar, if you prefer the avalon or BCR thats fine!

THIS THREAD WAS CREATED FOR A GROUP BUY, NOT A DEBATE! FOR THOSE WHO KNOW ABOUT HARNESS BARS AND ARE INTERESTED IN A FULLY FUNCTIONAL HARNESS BAR PLEASE POST YOUR NAME, OTHER THAN THAT WE CAN START A NEW THREAD DEBATING HARNESS BARS! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BAR PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PM ME! THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

You opened the debate when you made comments about the the other products, the Avalon and BCR bars.

Just for the record the Avalon bar will not flex and has no pivot points. Take a look at the way it mounts. It does in fact disrupt the rear view and is not far enough back for some people (can hit the seats).
The BRC bar (which I like a lot and would probably be my choice) and your bar have pivot points built into the mounts so they require the additional supports. In the end it comes down to preference. I don't see an obvious advantage of any of these bars over another. Now back to the GB.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
spf4000

I just wanted to clarify your gross misrepresentation of Avalon's product. From your comments, it's obvious that you've never installed or much less even seen Avalon's Hardbar, so it's not fair for you to post negative comments about the product based on your assumptions. That's why I had to chime in, since I have the product and can vouch for it's strength. It's 2 1/2 inches thick. There's no flex in it at all. moreover, with the way it bolts on to the B-pillar, it cannot move or pivot. Therefore, it has no need for stabilizers.

I'm sure your product is very nice, and I'm not trying to take away sales from your group buy, but you shouldn't make misleading remarks about other products on the market--it just takes away from your credibility in the end.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by 35ounces
You opened the debate when you made comments about the the other products, the Avalon and BCR bars.

Just for the record the Avalon bar will not flex and has no pivot points. Take a look at the way it mounts. It does in fact disrupt the rear view and is not far enough back for some people (can hit the seats).
The BRC bar (which I like a lot and would probably be my choice) and your bar have pivot points built into the mounts so they require the additional supports. In the end it comes down to preference. I don't see an obvious advantage of any of these bars over another. Now back to the GB.
Okay so I did, and I apologize, but that is my opinion and I should have mentioned that. I apologize to those that were offended. Great Avalon or BCR works for you, but not to debate or anything you say that the Avalon bar has no pivot points, but that is not the portion you are looking to pivot. You have to take in the whole bar itself. Anyways, thats just preference I guess! Thanks for understanding though.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by spf4000
I just wanted to clarify your gross misrepresentation of Avalon's product. From your comments, it's obvious that you've never installed or much less even seen Avalon's Hardbar, so it's not fair for you to post negative comments about the product based on your assumptions. That's why I had to chime in, since I have the product and can vouch for it's strength. It's 2 1/2 inches thick. There's no flex in it at all. moreover, with the way it bolts on to the B-pillar, it cannot move or pivot. Therefore, it has no need for stabilizers.

I'm sure your product is very nice, and I'm not trying to take away sales from your group buy, but you shouldn't make misleading remarks about other products on the market--it just takes away from your credibility in the end.
Please realize that I am not trying to make any sales from this GB, I do no own the shop, nor am I on their payroll, just offering a group buy to Z enthusiasts! The negative comments I've posted about the avalon bar are my opinion and as I apologized above I to apologize to you. To each his own. Just to clarify, in fact I have seen the avalon harness bar, and the thickness of the bar does not matter to much as to most of the bars are hollow. It is the design of the bar that is key to a good harness support. Just a precaution, I would be very careful with your avalon harness bar due to the lack of harness slots allowing your harness to move freely. If you like the bar that way thats fine, but just a suggestion, please i'm not discrediting your bar just concerned for your safety, I would go to a welding shop and ask them to weld in harness slots.

Once again GB people only please!
1.VQ35DEV6
2. Anubiss
3. Tony@performance
4. Style JDM

Two of those slots are pending so once they give me the word we only need four more!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Panda350z

Bump for an awesome harness bar group buy!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:33 AM
jim911

avalon is out of the bar and probably won't be getting anymore.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Vamos_Rafael

i dont think this is a great deal...
the half cage from kirk racing is around the same price and it serves MORE purposeful as just a harness bar...
ANYONE WITH ME???
Old 01-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by jvanquish
i dont think this is a great deal...
the half cage from kirk racing is around the same price and it serves MORE purposeful as just a harness bar...
ANYONE WITH ME???
If a half cage is what your looking for then great! But once again this is only for those interested in just the harness bar. Normally people who daily drive their cars or do not want to deal with the hassle of a half roll cage, getting in and out, cutting, welding etc. This is for people who track as well as daily drive their cars or just need a harness bar. It can even work as a harness bar with a roll cage such as Tony@performance is going to be doing with it. The price is set due to the cost of the material and the engineering that went behind it. It's not just made of metal by some guy who just started making roll bars. It's made of chromoly material and made by a guy who's been doing this for a long time. So long that even drifters such as Ken Gushi would trust his life in the bars this guy makes. If your not interested thats fine. This is only for people who want to be in the group buy. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR UNDERSTANDING!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I do think that re-working the bar so that it doesn't stick out too far forward by the heads of the occupants would be a better design as well. Is there any way to design those two vertical bars, so that they attach closer to the main portion of the bar, instead of stickout out so far forward. That would be much better IMO, and I'd be much more interested in that. See what your friend can do in regards to that.... I'm still wanting one, but would PREFER a little redesign...

OR perhaps instead of having that mid section stick so far out, you could angle it down, and then the vertical bars would just be more of an angle towards the back.........

Last edited by Tony@Performance; 01-02-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by Tony@Performance
I do think that re-working the bar so that it doesn't stick out too far forward by the heads of the occupants would be a better design as well. Is there any way to design those two vertical bars, so that they attach closer to the main portion of the bar, instead of stickout out so far forward. That would be much better IMO, and I'd be much more interested in that. See what your friend can do in regards to that.... I'm still wanting one, but would PREFER a little redesign...

OR perhaps instead of having that mid section stick so far out, you could angle it down, and then the vertical bars would just be more of an angle towards the back.........
I shall give you a call regarding that request. I'll get your number from richard.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

my number in the office here is 626-739-1964 if you leave a message, i'll get back to you asap.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Still looking for enough peeps for a GB? I'm interested, just need to get that inner hoop smaller and the verticals closer to the rear console. If that is in the works put me down for one.

Quick Reply: Fully Functional Harness bar Group Buy!!!