Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kobe Scores 81 points!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
ayman350z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kobe was high thats why...he smoked some **** load of weed before the game.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 AM
suaveyankees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure shack is feeling it
Old 01-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Navygolf13

WHO CARES!!!! He is a punk anyways!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 AM
LATEZ

NO CLASS

whats it say about ur character when you take every single shot in the 4th qt with the game already out of reach and still cryin for fouls...where was Mike Miller when you needed him...jalen should have jus hammer him, that would have made Phil take him out of the game
Old 01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Inno

No denying Kobe has talent, but it's him scoring 80 points in a game as an exact example of why they aren't a great team, and why they won't win it all. He is a ball hog. Plain and simple. He is selfish.

He has other great players on his team. Lamar Odom for instance was on the Olympic team and did a phenomenal job. Also when Kobe is out, you see just how great these other players play! IF Kobe could learn to be a team player and work within Phil's offense, and distribute the ball, then he could be a great player and have a great team that could really do something special.

But unfortunately it's all selfish play. That's why they won't have the records the Bulls had, and why they won't win as many games as the Pistons this year, for example. Flame on if you will, but he is a selfish ballhog. Not to mention, he has a real lack of morals. Lakers should have gotten rid of him and kept Shaq.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:28 AM
thegr8one99

I hate that guy. Can you say BALL HOG. I would hate to be on that team if I was pro.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
G2FAST

Originally Posted by Inno
No denying Kobe has talent, but it's him scoring 80 points in a game as an exact example of why they aren't a great team, and why they won't win it all. He is a ball hog. Plain and simple. He is selfish.

He has other great players on his team. Lamar Odom for instance was on the Olympic team and did a phenomenal job. Also when Kobe is out, you see just how great these other players play! IF Kobe could learn to be a team player and work within Phil's offense, and distribute the ball, then he could be a great player and have a great team that could really do something special.

But unfortunately it's all selfish play. That's why they won't have the records the Bulls had, and why they won't win as many games as the Pistons this year, for example. Flame on if you will, but he is a selfish ballhog. Not to mention, he has a real lack of morals. Lakers should have gotten rid of him and kept Shaq.
Down by 18 and you want to pass the ball to Lamar Odom?? because he went to the Olypics??? If you want to score you go to Kobe, nuff said!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 AM
BhashaZ

That's true and understand what you are saying. But the thing is, Lamar doesn't ever step up. When Kobe was out 2 games, they lost against the Jazz--twice. I love the Lakers and don't want to bash on other players, but nobody else is really good. Lamar frequently misses layups and tip-ins. He may get fouled, but if he does, he doesn't make his free-throws at a high percentage. Kwame Brown also sucks. The guy has butterfingers. This is the NBA--you need to use your damn hands. People who are good but are not always consistent are Smush Parker, Brian Cook, and maybe Mihm or George. Smush is aggressive and gets and makes his own shots, for example, whereas Odom struggles (I think).

In all, Kobe has to bail his team out. I don't blame him. If other players step up, Kobe will let them do their thing. But as I pointed out before on the other thread, the team was shooting very poorly and Kobe was NOT in the game starting second quarter until about half of that quarter was completed. Saying he's a ballhog may be a fact, but what is also a fact is the rest of the team struggles without him. Unfortunately, they need him to do this on a nightly basis since the rest of the team isn't very talented, or isn't aggressive enough.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by G2FAST
Down by 18 and you want to pass the ball to Lamar Odom?? because he went to the Olypics??? If you want to score you go to Kobe, nuff said!
+1. And why did they lose to the Kings again?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
ayman350z
Banned

someone please start the photoshoping.....

this is going to be hilarious

Old 01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Inno

You have to get in a rythm and Kobe doesn't give his teammates that chance. I remember last year when Kobe was out watching the Lakers beat the Timberwolves live. It was Odom on Garnett all game, and Odom put up about 30, and did a phenomenal job on Garnett. It was an awesome game. Odom is the real deal, but he isn't given a chance.

Regarding Kobe... Ballhog... needs to incorporate his TEAM. Remember the whole there is no I in team thing. Kobe never wanted to share the ball with Shaq. I'm sorry but when you have a monster down under the basket that no one can stop, feed him the dang ball. Instead Kobe had too big of a head, and that's why they couldn't beat Detroit.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 AM
meezie

You have to get in a rythm and Kobe doesn't give his teammates that chance. I remember last year when Kobe was out watching the Lakers beat the Timberwolves live. It was Odom on Garnett all game, and Odom put up about 30, and did a phenomenal job on Garnett. It was an awesome game. Odom is the real deal, but he isn't given a chance.

Regarding Kobe... Ballhog... needs to incorporate his TEAM. Remember the whole there is no I in team thing. Kobe never wanted to share the ball with Shaq. I'm sorry but when you have a monster down under the basket that no one can stop, feed him the dang ball. Instead Kobe had too big of a head, and that's why they couldn't beat Detroit.
Yes, Odom put up the 30 against Garnett. He is good, but is NOT consistent. He had no field goals coming into the 2nd half. With the team down 18 and Kobe being the only player with the hot hand. Why not give it to Kobe? They got the W; and that only matters.

Furthermore, "Big Ben" had some good defense on Shaq. He blocked a few shots; as well with Rasheed Wallace helping out. What did the other two all stars do? Payton and Malone were not playing at full potential either. I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. Everybody has their opinion, but Kobe is the only one who is consistent with every game. He needs to take charge to get a win.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Inno

You're right... he will consistently put up 30 points or whatever his average is... he may have a night where he shoots 60 shots to get the 30 points, and his team loses but he does put the points up!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
FairladyZX

One-man Showtime
One-man Showtime

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
January 23, 2006

Kobe Bryant scored 81 points on Sunday – enough to rank second all time to Wilt Chamberlain's immortal 100-point game in 1962 and knock the NFL off the front burner of sports conversations – and yet people still will criticize him.

Count on it. They'll say he should have passed more (he had just two assists). They'll say he just did it for the spotlight. They'll point to his 18 misses, not his 28 makes.

They'll go on and on. Only in basketball could a guy score 81 points, make history, send every ticket holder home with a story of a lifetime, cause cell phones across America to ring with "Are you watching this?" calls, generally create amazement and wonder – and still get criticized

But watch it happen.

Kobe Bryant kicked *** Sunday, and if you can't understand that, then you need to try. This wasn't about Bryant being a ball hog or a bad teammate. Quite the contrary. The Los Angeles Lakers were getting pounded by the Toronto Raptors (down 16 at one point) until Kobe looked at his bad teammates and decided to try to win the game – which the Lakers did, 122-104.

"It just happened," Bryant said afterward. "For me, it was all about the W. I thought we were lethargic. I wanted to ride the wave and demoralize our opponent."

And people want to criticize that?

You know, even if a few of those points were unnecessary – and because the game was in doubt until late in the fourth quarter, not many of them were – who cares? Really, what is wrong with trying to make history? Don't the Raptors get paid, too?

If a baseball player hits a home run in his first three at-bats, does anyone blame him for swinging for the fences his next time up? Does anyone complain when a manager doesn't even think to take a tiring pitcher out of a no-hitter, even if it is the best move for the team to win?

When Peyton Manning is trying to set a single-season touchdown record and calls for pass plays on first-and-goal from the 1, does anyone care?

Of course not, you expect it. You demand it, even.

So why in basketball does it matter? Is it because the players are mostly black? Is it because they are prone to preening?

Is it because in basketball you have to play both offense and defense on every single possession you are in the game, and as a result your weaknesses are up for double exposure? Is it because Kobe Bryant can be rather unlikable – be it the Shaquille O'Neal thing, or the Eagle, Colo., thing, or so many other things?

Is it because there remains this "Hoosiers"-inspired purity to the game, even if coach Norman Dale would have wanted Jimmy Chitwood to keep shooting?

Maybe it is all of that above. I don't know.

I do know that back in the 1960s and '70s it wasn't like this. The gunner was celebrated. Pete Maravich, David Thompson, even Larry Bird (in the 1980s) all admittedly were selfish on some nights. It was fun. It was part of the show.

Now, no one even tries to put up big numbers. Prior to Sunday, of the top 25 highest-scoring, non-overtime games in NBA history, only one occurred after 1978 – the 1994 season finale when David Robinson scored 71 to make the case for MVP.

Why have we sucked the fun right out of the game?

Kobe Bryant scored 66.4 percent of his team's points. Wilt, in scoring 100 in his Philadelphia Warriors' 169-147 victory, managed just 59.2 percent. So maybe Kobe's performance was better, especially since he didn't enjoy Wilt's advantage of being 7-foot-1 and 275 pounds in an era of no one else being even close.

By the way, that Warriors score also should end all the other predictable talk about how nobody plays defense in the NBA anymore. Who was playing defense on Wilt's night?

NBA players play defense. They play a ton of defense. One of the great fallacies of basketball is the idea that college guys play harder defense than the pros. Apparently, the sight of a slow guard slapping the floor in a show of "intensity" has clouded reality.

If you think the Raptors wanted Bryant to hang 81 on them, you didn't see the game. They just couldn't stop him. They tried everything, every defender.

Kobe was that on. He was that great. It was that much fun.

Yet there will be critics who claim that 81 points in a game isn't sports, that it isn't basketball.

But if you think sending chills down fans' spines isn't sports, then you need to lighten up – and tune in Friday to see if Kobe can hang 101 on Golden State.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ayman350z
someone please start the photoshoping.....

this is going to be hilarious

Sure send me a picture of ugly face.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
LATEZ

I have no problem sayin that Kobe is a great player 1 of the best ever. no problem at all. The problem i have is what kind of an example he set for youngest picking up this game. fine I enjoyed it when it was a close game his team need him to score. The last 5 min of the game was alll about Kobe he was trying to get as many shoots as possible with the lakers up 15 points 1 on 4 he pulls up for a jump shoot(3 pointer multi times) ...what kind of sportsmanship is that. today your have thousands of kids thinking its o.k. to do this on the playground then on to high school ball then college ball...last point
being a great scorer does not make you a great player ! Wilt is never mention in the same breath as Jordan beither is Kareem or Karl
Old 01-23-2006, 02:52 PM
steela2110

Incredible
Old 01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
ZPatrick

he is gonna be a another michael jordan
Old 01-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Inno

Originally Posted by LATEZ
I have no problem sayin that Kobe is a great player 1 of the best ever. no problem at all. The problem i have is what kind of an example he set for youngest picking up this game. fine I enjoyed it when it was a close game his team need him to score. The last 5 min of the game was alll about Kobe he was trying to get as many shoots as possible with the lakers up 15 points 1 on 4 he pulls up for a jump shoot(3 pointer multi times) ...what kind of sportsmanship is that. today your have thousands of kids thinking its o.k. to do this on the playground then on to high school ball then college ball...last point
being a great scorer does not make you a great player ! Wilt is never mention in the same breath as Jordan beither is Kareem or Karl
Agreed!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
zachcrosen

He!l, my sorry lazy a$$ could score 81 points if I never passed the ball to my TEAMMATES. He!l, anyone could score if they shot 100 times! I play a little ball with local people just for fun and nothing pisses me off more than someone who will not pass the ball to their teammates. I could give a *** if you were MJ and/or hit 100% of your shots. Bball is no fun if one man is trying to steal the show. Without your teammates, you would be nothing, hands down.

Quick Reply: Kobe Scores 81 points!!!