Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:35 AM
gimpster621

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is bullsh*t. the cop will get whats coming to him. this is the reason why cops get a bad rep, stupid idiots that cant control their trigger fingers
Old 02-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Inno

Pigs get a bad rap because they deserve it. There was a brutality video on the news two nights ago as well. The pigs are running amuck. They mess with people and enjoy it! Hopefully video cameras will get more prevalent and more of these A$$holes will get caught! I hope this pig goes to jail for attempted murder. Good cops are the exception!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just because I break the law, does not give the police the right to shot me. Is that not what the courts are for. Also as stated before he was the passenger not the driver.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Nastyboy

What sux even more is that the cops are already playing that dumb "we don't know" game... good thing the FBI got involved quick!

The Sheriff Dept. stated that they can't really tell what's going on because of the video quality. That they can't really hear the passenger comply with the officer because there's dogs barking on the background.... the video is too granny. Bullllllll shiieet! If Court T.V. shows how cops can filter a video and stabalize picture and sound quality to catch a criminal in the act, I'm sure they can use HALF their technology to make the video more clear. I'll even donate my T.V..... somehow I'm able to see the guy on the floor and hear both the officer and passenger just fine!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
deezz

Looks like they were driving a new C6
Old 02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
ASTIG_Z

i just saw the video on NBC. the airman was talking **** to the officer, saying that he served more time in IRAQ, and that he's seen stuff that the deputy will never know. That is what probabbly got the deputy all riled up. No matter what though, the cop should payed more attention to the situation than his ego.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Inno

^ I didn't hear any of that. I saw the airman on the ground complying with the officers commands.

Next the officer clearly says get up, and the airman says ok im getting up, starts to get up, then the officer fires three rounds in him!!!

Put the officer in Jail!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:37 PM
JisNis

Man I just saw the video as well. He said he was getting up and bam bam bam...three rounds go off. My jaw just dropped. Someone is gonna get paid.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:41 PM
skip2daZ

here's the link to the video guys

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...irman+shooting

Last edited by skip2daZ; 02-01-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by Inno
^ I didn't hear any of that. I saw the airman on the ground complying with the officers commands.

Next the officer clearly says get up, and the airman says ok im getting up, starts to get up, then the officer fires three rounds in him!!!

Put the officer in Jail!
They had to edit the video for the FBI investigation. You couldn't hear anything in that vid.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
ASTIG_Z

You know what sucks, The Airman gets shot by the citizens he protects, but he came out of IRAQ without any injury...how ironic is that?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Inno

It's not ironic OCDavid. I mean seriously. How many soldiers do you think were in Iraq? The masses did not get hurt.

Secondly, yes you can hear the video. If you watched it on the news you can hear the officer tell him to get up, and the guy complying, saying ok im getting up. Get your facts straight dude. The PIG majorly f*cked up!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:06 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant and wont generalize peace officers since there are still quality officers out on the streets keeping me and my family safe. Its sad that it still appers time and time again. For that group of thick headed, high strung, I am better than you officers its just sad that this guy had to pay for his life after serving for all our freedom. This airman did not do his best to keeping himself quite and complying to the officers demands in a calmly manner, but it doesnt justify for the officers action.

I am sure the FBI will serve some justice as this has been brought to the mainstream. It doesnt help the officer much that he has been accused of other police brutality and has came out clear at the end!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:35 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

what sucks is the link posted video is dark, and with all the bleeps its hard to say. who knows. but imo a cop has to deal with people all the time, and too many sickos out there try to engage in a fight,etc? im not taking any stand on this but. even though he was the pass. you guys said they were in a car pursuit, which means they possibly had something to hide, and the officer would be so wound up that who knows. but there is always to sides, and not being able to see original uncut footage could mean something diff. ive been irag and served my country also, but when an officer tells me something im not going to cursing him or talking ish either so?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Inno

The online video sucks. If you saw it in the news it was plenty clear, both audio and video. Nonetheless at the end you hear clearly:

Officer "Get up"

Airman "Ok I'm gonna get up"

Then the officer fires three rounds in him as he starts getting up, one hand in the air, the other trying to help him stand up.

Last edited by Inno; 02-02-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Dozer

The online video sucks. If you saw it in the news it was plenty clear, both audio and video. Nonetheless at the end you hear clearly:

Officer "Get up"

Airman "Ok I'm gonna get up"

Then the officer fires three rounds in him as he starts getting up, one hand in the air, the other trying to help him stand up.
+1, I saw the video when it 1st came out on KTLA channel 5 in the morning. I found it a little disturbing. The cop said get up not once but twice and the guy did as he was told. What "might" have provoked the shooting was when he was trying to get up he did it kinda fast where it obviously freaked the cop out. Bottom line, I dont feel the guy should have been shot. You all know that this one will drag out for a long time...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
ASTIG_Z

It's not ironic OCDavid. I mean seriously. How many soldiers do you think were in Iraq? The masses did not get hurt.

Secondly, yes you can hear the video. If you watched it on the news you can hear the officer tell him to get up, and the guy complying, saying ok im getting up. Get your facts straight dude. The PIG majorly f*cked up!
I do have my facts straight. If you read more of what I said eariler in the thread, you see me saying that the cop needed to check his ego. Well he didnt and he F*cked up. I do not condone this, but if I were the Airman, I would of got up slowly and carefully, no matter who was in the wrong. The cop has a gun to your face, would you get up like he did? NO.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
ASTIG_Z

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/169043-sheriff-shoots-an-unarmed-iraq-war-veteran.html

Discussed here also.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Inno

Understand ocdavid, but he did tell the officer "ok im getting up"
Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 PM
ASTIG_Z

Understand ocdavid, but he did tell the officer "ok im getting up"
Like i said, read my earlier posts on the first page....

Quick Reply: Deputy Shooting Caught On Video