Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
JisNis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Him getting up like that posed a threat??? I dont get it.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This cop is weak sauce.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:49 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The cops actions are suspect. Why not have the suspect lie on his stomach. Then handcuff the suspect. It appears to me that the cop is baiting the suspect(i.e. get up get up).
Old 02-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Sly_Z

The cop need some jail time to think about what he did.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:20 AM
paredyme

Bottom line: I support police officers, even CHP who I love to hate, because in the end, they do their best to keep punks and criminals off the streets.

It seems the cop baited the guy and shot him out of anger or frustration, so yes, technically speaking, the cop was in the wrong to do this.

However, the lesson here is that only you can control your own actions, and the airman did a ****-poor job of controlling his behavior, which no doubt contributed to the shooting. Hello? His buddy just took the cops through a night-time police pursuit in a Corvette, and what does the airman do? Yell and scream expletive after expletive. I'm sorry, but when a cop has a gun on me, it's gonna be "Yes sir, sorry sir, don't shoot me sir." Yeah, it hurts my pride to be a b*tch boy to a cop that might just have an inadequacy problem, but I'll be the b*tch boy with 3 less bullet holes in my chest.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Inno

Eh he made the right decision. A couple bullet holes, a little hospital time, now he is going to get a nice settlement from the government and retire. I'm 28 and still have 30 years of work to go. Sounds like he got the better deal!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by paredyme
Bottom line: I support police officers, even CHP who I love to hate, because in the end, they do their best to keep punks and criminals off the streets.

It seems the cop baited the guy and shot him out of anger or frustration, so yes, technically speaking, the cop was in the wrong to do this.

However, the lesson here is that only you can control your own actions, and the airman did a ****-poor job of controlling his behavior, which no doubt contributed to the shooting. Hello? His buddy just took the cops through a night-time police pursuit in a Corvette, and what does the airman do? Yell and scream expletive after expletive. I'm sorry, but when a cop has a gun on me, it's gonna be "Yes sir, sorry sir, don't shoot me sir." Yeah, it hurts my pride to be a b*tch boy to a cop that might just have an inadequacy problem, but I'll be the b*tch boy with 3 less bullet holes in my chest.
Thats not really the lesson here. We live in America where we are allowed to mouth off. No matter the circumstances.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
bamyi

None of us was there, none of us saw or heard what really happened. So what if there's a video, videos only tell so much. In order for anyone here to make a legit judgement, we either have to be in the shoes of the cop or the suspect.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Inno

What could the video possibly not be telling us? Are you trying to say the guy talked smack to the cop? Still doesn't justify shooting him. Are you trying to say the guy led the cop on a high speed pursuit? Still doesn't justify shooting him. Are you trying to say the cop was worked up and his adrenaline was pumping? Still doesn't justify shooting him. In fact, cops are trained to be calm in such situations. This cop blew it big time. There is nothing more to see or understand.

1. The cop told him to GET UP
2. The guy said "Ok I'm getting up"
3. The cop fired 3 rounds into him. UNJUSTIFIED.

Indisputable video evidence of a suspect (who was the passenger) Complying with the officers commands and being shot three times. You have got to be kidding me if you can think the cop has any reason to pump him with three rounds.

It's simple the pig was overexcited and trigger happy.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:18 PM
bamyi

I'm not saying the cop was right or wrong and thats my point. I wasn't there. I'm not going to play God and judge people base on a video. You may do as you wish, I was just trying to express a different view point.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by bamyi
I'm not saying the cop was right or wrong and thats my point. I wasn't there. I'm not going to play God and judge people base on a video. You may do as you wish, I was just trying to express a different view point.
Video evidence is as close to being there as possible. But I guess its not concrete evidence neither. What if it was the other way around. The guy shoots the cop instead. Are you gonna say that the guy was innocent? That just because theres a video and we all werent there that the guy didnt do it? Common.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Mr_Q

I don't appreciate the comments here that all police officers are "pigs" but I do agree that it is more than obvious *this* officer is an ***.

If the courts fail to send this "cop" to jail......man oh man.....

Last edited by Mr_Q; 02-05-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:47 AM
kpiskin

I'm still failing to understand why he would shoot the passenger. It's not like he was driving or could control the driver. It sounded like they were exchanging some words, but nothing that should have made the officer shoot the Airman. I thought I heard the officer say at the end of the video "I told you not to get up." completely opposite of what he did tell the Airman to do originally. Maybe he was trying to cover his ***. Can someone else listen to the video again?

What also sucked was that they were all mass shots, so the guy did not go quickly. It sounded like he was in a lot of pain.