Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:41 PM
mchong75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLUTION for you. slow the PUCK down!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Me350Z

Originally Posted by imseksy
hey me350z do you go to OCC by any chance?
I had a class last year over there and I live like 3 blocks away. If you see a white 350ZR around that area that would probably be me.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
imseksy

haha if you see a daytona blue 06 coupe with a performance nissan sign in my license plate thats me.... but soon its gonna be my regular license plate
Old 02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
One of the reasons I only drive mine once a week or so, the temptation is always there.
+1

Drive another car for a while. I know that the Z "calls out to me", too, so it's difficult to fight the temptation to really run that car all-out.

As for the tickets, my brother always goes to court, and I'd say 75% of the time, the cops never show up (they're always busy). But this one time, one of the cops did, and, well...that's just the way it goes. You've got nothing to lose at this point. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Me350Z

[quote=___DJK___]One of the reasons I only drive mine once a week or so, the temptation is always there.

I only drive my Z on the weekends and I drive my Honda Civic as a daily commuter. When I go about 80 mph in my 96 civic it feels pretty fast already but everytime I drive my Z I lose focus as to how fast the Z is really going until I look at the speedometer and it reads 94 or so.

I figure I would need to stop driving my Z for 2 weeks but I'm afraid I would let it all out when I get in. Kind of like destressing.

Or I can drive my Z on a daily basis and then I would get used to the thrill <--- this is probably unlikely since I have my Z for over a year already.

As you can see, this is my dilemma. I figure if I bought this car, as a sports car, I might as well enjoy every mile.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:14 PM
ZRA

Put it the garage and get a moped!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Me350Z

haha if you see a daytona blue 06 coupe with a performance nissan sign in my license plate thats me.... but soon its gonna be my regular license plate
Hey Imseksy,

I don't think I have seen you around yet in the area, well at least not a blue 06 coupe. Congrats on the new Z. 06's are pretty rare on the street still. How is she treating you??
Old 02-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Me350Z

Ok, so I have done some research on ticket assassin and took in the advice from this board. My plan is to get an extension for both of my tickets, then write a written declaration to contest my violation. If I am found guility, I still have a chance to appeal and will appear in court for a 2nd chance to contest. If all else fails, I will probably get a lawyer.

My question is: Can I ask for an extension through the mail or do I actually have to appear in court to do that? I could not find the answer to this on the web.

If anyone knows please inform me. Thank you.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by Me350Z
Hey Imseksy,

I don't think I have seen you around yet in the area, well at least not a blue 06 coupe. Congrats on the new Z. 06's are pretty rare on the street still. How is she treating you??
yeah i only go to school at night... but the 06 Z is treatin me damn well... its sex on wheels =) hows your drop top? bet it feels good in the summer eh?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 PM
imseksy

Ok, so I have done some research on ticket assassin and took in the advice from this board. My plan is to get an extension for both of my tickets, then write a written declaration to contest my violation. If I am found guility, I still have a chance to appeal and will appear in court for a 2nd chance to contest. If all else fails, I will probably get a lawyer.

My question is: Can I ask for an extension through the mail or do I actually have to appear in court to do that? I could not find the answer to this on the web.

If anyone knows please inform me. Thank you.
i think you can call in to the court you are assigned to to get an extension, just provide the clerk with your case number when your courtesy notice comes... dont quote me on it though. oh and dont forget when you do the trial by written decleration you gotta sumbit the bail money up front with your letter... ask the ticket assassin guy to give you advice on what to say in the letter... hees a genius haha
Old 02-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Me350Z

yeah i only go to school at night... but the 06 Z is treatin me damn well... its sex on wheels =) hows your drop top? bet it feels good in the summer eh?
Pretty much drop the top once a week on the weekends if it doesn't get too cold. During the summer, it gets too hot so you can only really cruise with top down in the morning or in the evening. Any other time during the summer you will be baked!

Thanks for the info. Imseksy. Maybe I'll see you around on the road.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Me350Z

An Update:

I call the OC Courts and requested for an extension on my 2nd ticket. Extension granted over the phone. I didn't even have to show up to court. My suggestions for those who will be fighting their ticket is below:

1. Get an extension
2. Mail out a written delcaration to contest your violation, pay the bail at this time.
3. If you lose, you may appeal and go to court to get a 2nd chance to contest your violation

I do not know if all or any of these proecdures will work but these are my 2 cents. Good luck and thank you to all who assisted in this process. This board this help. Drive safely everyone!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Me350Z

I got a letter in the mail to attend traffic school for my 1st ticket. However, there are only 5 places in OC to attend traffic school? Does anyone know if you can take traffic school online in Orange County? The letter does not state I had this option.

If anyone knows please advise. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:20 PM
imseksy

call the courts and see if there is a court certified online traffic school you can take. there are only 5 places in OC you can take traffic school and that is the 5 courts in OC, west justice center, central justice center, harbor justice irvine(which im guessing is the one you had to call), harbor justice center laguna niguel and north justice center fullerton. but if you can, take comedy traffic school, i hear those are very entertaining, a couple of buddies of mine took them and they said its like a comedy club but they had their traffic schools in LA. not sure if they have oc comedy traffic school. but good luck on your traffic school, one saturday for 8 hours is a pain but its wut you gotta do.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:22 AM
eazygoin

trial by written decleration is a good idea
I have done this succesfully twice with no help from the website but then I am a prelaw student so if you are not sure what to do it may be worth checking out... Anyways its a great option and complicated diagrams always help. remember all you need is to create an alternate scenario that a reasonable person could believe to be true and you are off.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the stuff on the tichetassasin website is bunk, IMO. For example the Trial By Declaration form he has posted on his website is not acceptable by the court (at least at the Westminster jurisdiction). I found this out the hard way. Also the stats quoted, like 50% likelihood that the cop won't take the time to write a response, I think is inflated.

I did the tiral by declaration thing about a year ago, but the cop wrote a detailed response and the judge issued a guilty ruling. I could have taken traffic school, but I truly beleived that the ticket was BS, as I posted here at the time, so I ended up getting a lawyer which cost over a grand. In the end I got lucky becasue the cop didn't show up (he was on vacation).

BTW, if they offer the option to take traffic school, take it. I think it will be cheaper in the end. If you go the trial by declaration route, that option is off the table.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
eazygoin

Originally Posted by frenzee

BTW, if they offer the option to take traffic school, take it. I think it will be cheaper in the end. If you go the trial by declaration route, that option is off the table.
I am pretty sure that is not true. I believe you can still request traffic school. I just got another ticket today; hopefully I will win this one and be 3 for 3 on trial by decs.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Sideways

Two months ago on a little run from Crystal Cove I got nailed by the NPBPD at 95 on radar. I was racing a 996tt up Newport Coast Drive and they had me dead to rights. I thought they would tow the car and put me in jail.

I was cool with the officer, never admitted anything. He described the whole senario and had me dead to rights. After about 20 minutes he wrote me for no front plate. The 996 got 85 in a 60 and reckless driving. I was going faster and he got busted.

Turns out they were on special patrol for bicycle safety and the 996 was in the right lane next to the bicycle lane. He was going 85 when he passed 3 bicycles struggling up the hill.

Anyway, with six motorcycle cops on duty I suggest you slow down around Newport Beach on Saturday mornings. And don't get stopped by the dyke. She never lets any guys go.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Risk

Hello fellow Zs,

12/24/05: Going approx. 80 mph on the freeway - Patrol car coming from the on ramp on 55 Freeway

Thats exactly where I got my DUI in '02....be careful of that spot man (right where the 55 meets the 405) there are always cops around right there.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Me350Z

12/24/05: Going approx. 80 mph on the freeway - Patrol car coming from the on ramp on 55 Freeway - Ticket is $163.00. Court date is 2/16/06.

2/4/06: Clocked at 89 mph in 55 mile zone (officer put down max speed of 65) on PCH1 on route to Crystal Cove. Motorcyle cop with radar gun. Ticket amount is unknown at this time.

Update:
My second ticket on 12/24/05 is extended till April 3, 2006. I plan on contesting this ticket with a written declaration. I called the operator in the morning and requested for an extension.

My third ticket on 2/4/06: I thought I would do the same thing as above and request for an extension as well, however, I just received my Courtesy Notice and it states "MANDATORY APPEARANCE" to appear in court. This kind of throws my plan off track. The court is at the Harbor Justice Center on Jamboree at Newport Beach, CA. There is no bail amount and WHY do I have to appear in court for this ticket???

Does anyone know why this is a MANDATORY APPEARANCE and what should I expect at the time of my court appearance? Should I get a lawyer and does anyone have any friends who are lawyers??

I have never been to court for anything so this is kind of new to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!