Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Me350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!

Hello fellow Zs,

I must be having some kind of bad mojo these couple of weeks because I just got my 3rd speeding ticket. I don't know what the heck is going on because I never got a speeding ticket until I was in college and that was like 5 years ago. My luck must be running out. Anyways, here are my ticket infoormation for those who are curious:

12/1/05: Clocked at 57 mph in 40 mile zone in Anaheim - Motorcyle cop with radar gun - Ticket paid off with traffic school in the amount of $232.00

12/24/05: Going approx. 80 mph on the freeway - Patrol car coming from the on ramp on 55 Freeway - Ticket is $163.00. Court date is 2/16/06.

2/4/06: Clocked at 89 mph in 55 mile zone (officer put down max speed of 65) on PCH1 on route to Crystal Cove. Motorcyle cop with radar gun. Ticket amount is unknown at this time.

Warning: Warning: Warning:
For any of you who are traveling on PCH1 near Crystal Cove beware. They have 3 motorcycle cops patrolling that stretch on route to the Saturday car show now. It was like Christmas for them. They must have given out more than 25 tickets total today.

I have to admit those motorcyle cops are good and all 3 officers have class. I asked if they would let me go but all 3 said they couldn't and the 2nd officer even told me to go to court to fight it which I will do since I have no choice. I cannot get 2 points on my record b/c the 3rd one will be suspension.

I have never fought a ticket and am seeking some professional advice in terms of what my options are. On the back of the tickets, it says you can write a letter 5 days before your court date or appear in court to appeal the ticket. I figure if I go to traffic school for one, fight off the 2nd (and win), I would only have 1 point on my record.

BTW: Does anyone know how much my State Farm Auto Insurance is going to go up? I am currently paying $2000/year. I am more concerned about my record and my auto insurance. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. '

And yes, I am planning to slow down or not drive my car at all. But all of you know how it is when you drive your Z, it calls out to you.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Vicynax

Slow down. Get a radar to at least help your odds. Money is not ur main concern. You main concern is suspended license. As for your rate, once they find out, it can close to double.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:36 AM
GWAPITO69

just to let you know I'ved got 3 tickets in 1 year about 4 years ago and i was paying from $100/month on my insurance to $280/month when i got those tickets. just slow down a bit
Old 02-04-2006, 10:23 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the reasons I only drive mine once a week or so, the temptation is always there.

You will probably need to start shopping for different insurance. State farm is one of the highest priced ones out there.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:39 AM
onebadfyvo

"2/4/06: Clocked at 89 mph in 55 mile zone (officer put down max speed of 65) on PCH1 on route to Crystal Cove. Motorcyle cop with radar gun. Ticket amount is unknown at this time."

The max speed in that area may have been 65mph (black & white sign), but if there was a curve of some sort, the advisory speed (yellow & black sign) may have been posted at 55 mph. As far as court is concerned, it will be hard for you to justify 89 mph to the judge.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:26 AM
xziteme

That sucks! I got my first speeding ticket this year while in my Z. The last time I got a speeding ticket was ten years ago. During that time I've been driving around in a Toyota 4Runner. With the Z, the need for speed is just too overwhelming sometimes.

That part of the highway to Crystal Cove is a speed trap.

Try to resist the temptation to speed. Easier said than done.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your Fucked.

I know because the same thing happen to me.... to many tickets... too fast... just fight them all and get extensions and hope your lucky.. thats all you can do...

Last edited by XBS; 02-04-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
350z_this

give the car to me.......... problem solved...!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Me350Z

XBS - Thats a good idea. I think I will have to get extensions on the rest of my 2 tickets. I might as well, I have nothing to lose and hope the officers don't show up.

Anybody know how many extensions you can get per ticket???
Old 02-05-2006, 10:24 AM
imseksy

trial by written decleration is a good idea, you get to write a letter to the judge and tell them why you should be aquitted. then the officer who cited you has a certain time to write one too, if he doesnt send it in in time, you win. if the officer does send it in and you lose, you are entitled to a new in person trial called a trial de novo. so going by trial by written decleration you actually have TWO chances of winning your tickets. and the best thing is that you dont have to make a personal court appearance and you can do it for any infraction not involving alcohol or drugs. so you are good to go. go to www.ticketassassin.com pay his 25 dollar fee and he will give you advice on how to fight it, and that guy will even tell you what to write on your written statement. my friend used it and won both his speeding ticket and his red light camera ticket. right now im in the process of fighting a red light camera ticket by written trial. good luck

Last edited by imseksy; 02-05-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 AM
imseksy

Originally Posted by Me350Z
XBS - Thats a good idea. I think I will have to get extensions on the rest of my 2 tickets. I might as well, I have nothing to lose and hope the officers don't show up.

Anybody know how many extensions you can get per ticket???
you only get one 45 day extension per ticket. after that you are pretty much out of extensions
Old 02-05-2006, 02:04 PM
tractng

Me350z,

Sorry to hear buddy. I was on the same table with you at the Hooters meet a few months ago.

Can you email me dealership where you got your convertible? I am looking to get an Enth ZR. You think I can get one for 35k OTD?

Tony
Old 02-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Me350Z

Originally Posted by imseksy
trial by written decleration is a good idea, you get to write a letter to the judge and tell them why you should be aquitted. then the officer who cited you has a certain time to write one too, if he doesnt send it in in time, you win. if the officer does send it in and you lose, you are entitled to a new in person trial called a trial de novo. so going by trial by written decleration you actually have TWO chances of winning your tickets. and the best thing is that you dont have to make a personal court appearance and you can do it for any infraction not involving alcohol or drugs. so you are good to go. go to www.ticketassassin.com pay his 25 dollar fee and he will give you advice on how to fight it, and that guy will even tell you what to write on your written statement. my friend used it and won both his speeding ticket and his red light camera ticket. right now im in the process of fighting a red light camera ticket by written trial. good luck
Thanks for the advice Imseksy. I will probably get an extension and then write a declaration for 2 of my remaining tickets. I'll have to check out ticketassassin.com to know how to write that kind of letter. Shucks, this is going to be PIA.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:58 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

stop breaking the law,j/k hate to say it but your probably screwed.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
RICHAZN

get a prepaid legal service... best 24 dollars a month i ever spent... anytime i get a ticket i just have them fight it for me... my buddy that works for them is damon michaels... give him a call 805-407-4012 ... tell him alex chuang sent you and to set you up with the service...
Old 02-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Me350Z

Originally Posted by tractng
Me350z,

Sorry to hear buddy. I was on the same table with you at the Hooters meet a few months ago.

Can you email me dealership where you got your convertible? I am looking to get an Enth ZR. You think I can get one for 35k OTD?

Tony

Hey Tony,

I went to Douglas Nissan of Huntington Beach. I'm sure you can get under invoice but not sure how much it would be OTD. You can definitely try.

Good luck.

Peter
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
imseksy

hey me350z do you go to OCC by any chance?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 AM
jakedajewel

word of advice....

get as many extensions as you can on the tix you plan on fighting. the longer you wait on ur court date, the better chances the officer who issued the tix will not appear in court, due to time conflict. good luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:49 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lawyer Up man. It will be worth it in avoiding Insurance Hikes alone.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f'cking pigs are getting out of control. I never even got pull over and I got 3 ticket and been pulled over at least 5 other times in the last 1.5 years.. not only talking about my z, but my 4runner, too. I HAATE COPS! They supposedly hired a bunch more pigs in SoCal. Cities are doing bad, financially and we have to pay..

Quick Reply: 3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!