Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Status Auto Design highly recommended

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
VIP-STATUS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Frist of all let me start by saying Dave+I work and help started F1 back in 2000 and help them to were they are at today for 5 years.I was the one to tech and train all the sale men there.
But after 5 years of dishonest work that was going on there.Make me don't want to be part of that any more.I become friends with most of the guys that i sell wheels to.And having the lie about selling used tires+wheels and saying they are new just kill me.So we didn't want to be a part of that anymore.
I always try to hook 350Z guys up,cause i also have a 350Z myself.Not a shop that don't even own a 350Z and just trying to make money.
I know BUBBLE is a good friend of F1 and what ever price i gave him,he's just going to tell F1 the price i gave him and buy it there anyway.I know people like to shop around,and that's cool.But you always get what you pay for.For people who been to my shop i think they know that we don't mickey mouse over here,we leave that at Disneyland

All i can say is i'm in it for the motorsport,being a shop owner now make's me learn the do and don't.Sorry for the guys that i can't help but maybe one day i hope i can.
Thanks for the LOVE guys.
RICK
VP@statusautodesign

QUOTE=Bubble]no. Just that their price higher than other place that i've done business with. I called 3 times and all 3 times, the price is higher. I know they do price match but i expect i got the lowest quote when i call. Don't like to ask for it.

I'm sure many other members here happy with Status. I gave them a chance but thing didn't work out. hehehe...so i'm back to where i go with and it was the 4th set i bought.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
JisNis

Thumbs up to Status.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:42 AM
David @ Status
Vendor - Former Vendor

Exclamation David @ Status Auto Design

Originally Posted by Bubble
Been doing business with Chris @F1 Motorsports. Bought 4 set of wheels from them and refer many other members here with them. I heard so many good thing about Status and decide to give them a chance (3 times) but they didn't impressed me at all. For the fairness, i called the first time and talk to someone there and he said he will ask Rich to contact me at the forum about pricing (since they have special price or something) but nothing from them. I called back 2 other times to inquire about GT-C and there price were about $300 different. Not to mention, plus shipping cost.

Rich used to work for F1 so his business module pretty much the same as Chris; therefore, it's all the same in term of service, shipping, support. Out of the 4 set i ordered with F1, 2 came DHL next day and 2 come DHL 2nd days delivered (shipping cost INCLUDED).

Anyway, don't get to the "who's better". My reply here just simply for Ed about i didn't get the same experience as him. I'll will continue my ordering and referring to F1 in the future.
Hi guys,

This is Dave from Status... So here are teh details of the happenings between F1 Motorsport and Status Auto Design. Nothing to say about F1 so please, I am not trying to start a war amongst the board about this. I apologize for writing this novel in advance.

F1 Motorsport opened in 1999 with 2 original sales guys and I was the 3rd, coming into the store from a previous shop. I started within the first half year of the business. Rick (from Status) was the 4th, coming in only months after me from Dazz Motorsport. Gilbert (Head Tech at Status) started at F1 in 2001 and he came from Dazz and Sprewell. From the 1999-2002, Rick and I (with the other 2 original sales guys) built F1 Motorsport to become one of the best shops in California. Due to differences in opinion, the two original sales guys left leaving just Rick and I to run F1 Motorsport. Sales plummeted due to the loss off clientel from the two original guys, so Rick and I had to rebuild the client list between 2002 and 2003. The sales became overwhelming to the point that Rick and I could not handle it ourselves and sales position opening became available. That is when we hired and trained Chris to become a New sales rep. We trained EVERONE currently working at F1 and that is the reason for "similar business models" (For those of you that have experienced service from both Status as well as F1, I hope you notice the difference in service.) From 2003 to 2005, F1 grew even bigger- but again... Due to differences in opinions with the owner, (Chris @ F1 can vouch for us on this one) Rick and I planned to open a new location with a similar, but better business plan. That is how STATUS AUTO DESIGN came to be.

To answer questions concerning "lowest quoted price", the vendors DO monitor the boards and Dealer Accounts can be suspended or even terminated for selling TOO cheap. So in order for us to give the best possible prices and stay in business to service you in the future, we do have a minimum price to maintain to keep memers, sponsors, and manufactures at a happy median.

MSSG TO BUBBLE I am sorry we could not provide you a competitive price compared to F1, but the lowest price CAN NOT be achieved through one simple phone call. We do our best, but companies such as Volk have "spies" out there requesting quotes to see what price we are selling at. I will not lose my dealer account to "hook up" one guy with a price that is $100 cheaper... No matter if it is the 4th set you've bought. Please understand we are here to help you guys to the best of our abilities, but we can only do so much.

Thank you to all of you that support us and I hope Rick and I can further supply you with great prices as well as exceptional service. We do believe that the little things do count and I hope to all that have not dealt with us previously, try us out and see for yourself.

Thanks guys, and again, I am sorry you had to read this whole friggin' thing, but I figured I finally shed some light on the situation.

Best Regards,
--David--
Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
mchong75

Now send me a PM for 19" Axis Hiro's - Silver (Lowest offset)

Thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Sundeviljay

what about suspension installs at F1....should i not take my car there?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
VIP-STATUS
Banned

PM sent

Originally Posted by mchong75
Now send me a PM for 19" Axis Hiro's - Silver (Lowest offset)

Thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 11:24 AM
fahrenheit350

I give it up to Rick and Dave, I was inquiring about Volk centercaps for my GT-7's and both of them went through all their inventory looking for it but in the end, only came up with 2. He immeadiately put out an order for me with competitive pricing. Rick and Dave do go all out for their customers and potentials. In the end, it comes down to customer service.. Thanks you guys and Rick, I look forward to your phone call when the caps come in.

+1 to STATUS
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

I know BUBBLE is a good friend of F1 and what ever price i gave him,he's just going to tell F1 the price i gave him and buy it there anyway
oh no. You're wrong. They don't even know i called you guys.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 PM
David @ Status
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Head Tech at Status

Sorry guys another quick one... I have to Gilbert (Status Technician) credit too. He trained all the techs over at F1 as well.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:49 PM
nickgundara

I have done a ton of business with F1 and the service has always been top notch. I think I even dealt with Rick when he was at F1 for some Racing Hart CPF Tunes for my 350z. I recently bought a set of Lowenhart 22's for my 7 series. The owner himself and Chris stayed late on a Sat night to get the wheels from a storage facility and get them installed for me. Most people on this forum know how tough it is to get wheels in stock and installed the same day. I showed up at 4pm with my new car and they made it happen.

As for used equipment, I have bought some off F1, and it was disclosed to me before purchase. My friends and family will continue to do business with On and Chris, as they are a great bunch of guys and always give us a good deal with great service.

As for Rick, thank you for the great service you provided me when you were at F1. I wish you success in your new ventures.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 PM
David @ Status
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default What's up Nick!

Originally Posted by nickgundara
I have done a ton of business with F1 and the service has always been top notch. I think I even dealt with Rick when he was at F1 for some Racing Hart CPF Tunes for my 350z. I recently bought a set of Lowenhart 22's for my 7 series. The owner himself and Chris stayed late on a Sat night to get the wheels from a storage facility and get them installed for me. Most people on this forum know how tough it is to get wheels in stock and installed the same day. I showed up at 4pm with my new car and they made it happen.

As for used equipment, I have bought some off F1, and it was disclosed to me before purchase. My friends and family will continue to do business with On and Chris, as they are a great bunch of guys and always give us a good deal with great service.

As for Rick, thank you for the great service you provided me when you were at F1. I wish you success in your new ventures.
Hey Nick! I remember you! You did get the CP035's from Rick when we were back there... How've you been buddy... Ballin' outta control rolling a 7 series huh! I am awfully jealous. Too bad you're all the way up in Northridge and can't swing by to check us out... Good luck and congrats on the new car!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David @ Status
Sorry guys another quick one... I have to Gilbert (Status Technician) credit too. He trained all the techs over at F1 as well.
Almost forgot about Gilbert....really easy to get along with and before I could blink my car was done
Old 02-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Kev946

Thumbs up

Can I add that I have ordered my wheels from Status, (David), and I'm trusting them with my order from the UK. I took up a couple of references by PM'ing previous customers and got nothing but praise for Status.

There service and price has been excellent. Thanks David

My wheels should be here towards the end of the month.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Kev you should have no problems from Status hopefully the shipping company does everything right for you...........
Old 02-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Sundeviljay

Just had some stuff done at F1...very cool people and they did a great job.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:51 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with both Status and F1. They're both great shops that offer excellent prices.

Having said that, I'd give a slight edge to Status...I actually wanted to stay there and chat with Rick and David, whereas at F1 I was pleased with the service but wasn't eager to hang out. Not to say that Chris and his staff aren't good to deal with, but Rick and David were just extra cool.

So since I'm considering buying another set of wheels/tires, I'm probably making my next purchase from Status. But both shops: keep up the good work.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 PM
b_nazty

i have heard nothing but good things about status so i plan to pay them a visit when i head down to so cal and hopefully i can go home with a new set of wheels and tires because i need some bad
Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by b_nazty
i have heard nothing but good things about status so i plan to pay them a visit when i head down to so cal and hopefully i can go home with a new set of wheels and tires because i need some bad
You'll be suprised at how they treat you if you visit them.....Let them know you saw my thread when you ge there
Old 03-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Sundeviljay

^^^dude are you in love with status?? sounds like your boyfriend works their or something...
Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 AM
VIP-STATUS
Banned

^^^^^Many things here can make you FALL IN LOVE at our show room!

Quick Reply: Status Auto Design highly recommended