Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Malibu Meet/Canyon Run.....Saturday, June 10th

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:36 PM
ObZeZZed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been on a bunch of runs that were posted here and at the other site and some posted maps of the routes and were very detailed. Never had a problem with the cops so dont worry about it. On a recent run we were all parked in a lot off the PCH and a cop came through and admired the Zs and warned us where not to go if we wanted to avoid the cops, very cool.

Im in.

People really shouldnt worry. Lets not forget the Performance meet. Peeps were all like, Im not going cuz my buddy is a local cop and he said they will be waiting at the entrance and pulling everyone over for inspection and giving tickets and impounding vehicles and they took special courses on how to recognize modded carz....BS....never happened everyone had a good time and the cops that were there for security didnt bother anyone.

Z YU on Zaturday.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:24 PM
heezyo2o

Originally Posted by Inno
Maybe I'll just crash the party in my G
I'm glad your 20s won't be scaring you away. Come on by man, I've been waiting for you to set up another run. Setting things up are a pain.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
DIZMINE

maybe ...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
dingobiatch

Damn, perfect timing. I'm just thinking about getting a Borla exhaust, anyone have one whos going? And also, could my friend tag along? He has a Legacy GT B-Spec.

Edit:
*DAMMIT* I am an angry man. My car is in the shop, I just remembered that I probably won't have it by Saturday... would it be cool for my friend who has the Legacy to take me down, just to hear the exhausts, and if its cool do the canyon?

Last edited by dingobiatch; 06-08-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
heezyo2o

Originally Posted by dingobiatch
Damn, perfect timing. I'm just thinking about getting a Borla exhaust, anyone have one whos going? And also, could my friend tag along? He has a Legacy GT B-Spec.

Edit:
*DAMMIT* I am an angry man. My car is in the shop, I just remembered that I probably won't have it by Saturday... would it be cool for my friend who has the Legacy to take me down, just to hear the exhausts, and if its cool do the canyon?
That's fine with me.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
dingobiatch

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
That's fine with me.
Awesome, thanks. Maybe I'll get the car back... maybe..
Old 06-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Inno

Yeah they are... not sure I can make it though. Got a ton to do this weekend because I am leaving for Hawaii for two weeks. What is the weather going to be like? It's raining in the valley today.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:11 AM
heezyo2o

Morning clouds with afternoon sun. No rain in the forecast, so we should be good to go.

We leave at 9:30 sharp. Also, don't forget to bring your radios.

Last edited by heezyo2o; 06-09-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:01 PM
heezyo2o

Last bump. We leave at 9:30 sharp and are due at the dyno/bbq by 12:00. Don't forget your radios and please arrive with gas. See you guys tomorrow.

I'm going to do a real quick car wash while there's still a little light.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:41 PM
THE TECH

Is this going to be a run or a cruise?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
heezyo2o

A run. People should go at their own pace though, and if you want to just cruise, that's fine, just place yourself appropriately in the pack. The general rule is people who want to drive a little faster up front and people who wish to cruise near the back.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 PM
THE TECH

Maybe I'll meet up at the beginning just to see the cars. Malibu is not the best area for a run.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
MINatSAR

300Zs invited?
Old 06-10-2006, 12:01 PM
dingobiatch

DAMMIT! i completely slept through the run!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 PM
heezyo2o

Thanks for the guys that came out. Quite a weak turnout overall however. I didn't get to take all the roads I was thinking about, but at least I got a free dyno, so things were okay.

In retrospect, inviting solely 350Zs was a mistake, but the only reason I did that was because on the last malibu drive, I was the only Z among a myriad of g35s. I actually prefer a variety of cars, but thought we could focus on the Zs this time around.

I've seen pictures of the old runs where heaps of Zs come out, but I guess the 350z guys nowadays just don't like the canyons.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Risk

I've seen pictures of the old runs where heaps of Zs come out, but I guess the 350z guys nowadays just don't like the canyons.

Its because something bad usually happens (often times involving a 16yo and a boulder).
Old 06-10-2006, 11:47 PM
heezyo2o

Sure, driving these roads at speed are inherently dangerous, but I've been going on runs for awhile with various car groups and nothing ever happens. There's always talk of the police as well, but I've never had any trouble with them either. :knocks on wood:

Regardless, I don't think I'm going to bother setting up meets/runs anymore, since apparently I'm not very successful with it. I'll just wait for one of the more popular members or OGs to set things up. Someone like that would probably be able to get more people to come out.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 AM
THE TECH

Well it was nice meeting the new people at up in Malibu as well as at Brainstorm.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:55 PM
MAR ONER

Don't worry man, you know why I couldn't make it out, sorry bro. I'll see you at the July 1st Z and G meet man. Now, if you want a serious run?, come out with me sometime this week. I'll be sure to bring an assortment of canyon heads from all over. And bring what you're faster in Mr. M3. PM me or give me a ring when you're available.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Vicynax

Thanks for the guys that came out. Quite a weak turnout overall however. I didn't get to take all the roads I was thinking about, but at least I got a free dyno, so things were okay.

In retrospect, inviting solely 350Zs was a mistake, but the only reason I did that was because on the last malibu drive, I was the only Z among a myriad of g35s. I actually prefer a variety of cars, but thought we could focus on the Zs this time around.

You can definitely expect a much larger turnout once F&F3 comes out as well as much larger number of cars at the bottom of the canyon

Two weeks ago, I asked my sister and all her friends to gather at my house for the limo pickup. Some idiotic kid came up to my after seeing my car and asked if I could take him drifting. he told me he drifted in his camry

Quick Reply: Malibu Meet/Canyon Run.....Saturday, June 10th