Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

TEAM NISSAN in Oxnard

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down TEAM NISSAN in Oxnard

I'm from LA areas and have been shopping my Z for almost a month, but still hasn't got it yet. I'm in the market of super black touring without the navigator. The sticker price should be around 35k. And what I can find the lowest outta door price is 35k in Alhambra. I have no clue on why the black touring is outta stock everywhere or maybe I just got no luck, dealers who have touring Z have markups on them.

I searched for the Z inventory at the Nissan home page this afternoon and I suddenly found my thing is in stock at the TEAM NISSAN in Oxnard. I drove 50 miles from Santa Monica to the dealership immediately (see how I need my car) and ask for it.

At the very beginning, we talked a lot of **** and stuffs and felt like I wasn't there to waste time. Then I started asking if I can get it outta door for 35k, pretty straight forward and sounds low, but the response was "nah sir... that's too low", instead they asked for 40k (1000 markup) outta door and I was like "WTF? 40k?" It just pops up in my mind that no one gonna pay any markups on buying a Z now. So my gf and I was pretending to leave, gonna waste gas on 50 miles drive...

"Sir, please wait a sec, I gonna ask my boss if he can lower a bit for u," the sales manager said.

(He went into a room and came out in 10-15 sec, I knew he is playing some games at me but I just saw what was gonna happen.)

Salesperson: "Yes Sir, my boss said we can lower the price by 1000, and that's 39k. How does it sound?"

Daddy: "That's still too much. I'm looking for 36k. Can u go and ask your boss again?"

Salesperson: "38k will be the lowest we can do. Since u are coming from Santa Monica, we give u this great offer. Usually we don't sell this cheap." (Without hesitating, I think I hit their lowest.)

(Sounded like a good offer. But I believe I can get it for 35k or even less.)

Finally we left and that manager didn't even hold hands with me but sure the salesperson did. Once again I feel a little sad of not getting my Z. HOW MUCH LONGER DO I NEED TO SHOP???

So people live around LA areas, would u mind pls tell me around how much u got your Touring Z outta door? I know the touring is the best selling model so I think there would be a lot of people owning it.

Thanks for any useful information.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:25 AM
TOM JONES

GARDENA NISSAN HAS 5 TOURING, 2 WHITE 2 RED 1 SILVERSTONE ALL AT MSRP. THEY MIGHT DEAL WITH YOU. THEY HAVE HAD THEM ON THEIR LOT FOR SOME TIME NOW. GIVE THEM A CALL 877-790-2133....TOM
Old 02-13-2003, 10:06 AM
iris

got mine at universal city. a lot of people (From what i've heard) don't like them but they still seem to have a lot of Z's and might have touring in stock.

I got mine around MSRP (there were rims involved in the negotiations so it's hard to pinpoint the exact price, but didn't pay more than $500 above) but this was after HOURS of negotiations. at some point i had already walked out and my *** was in my highlander before they came running out and saying, wait, we'll lower it.

So it's not a great recommendation, but you can try them out.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:54 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Courtney Clark at Torrance Nissan. He is a straight shooter and will sell at MSRP. Tell him Daniel Lee referred you so I can get my nice referral fee.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:29 PM
ricepeck

you should try downtown la motors (213) 748-4501, ask for the fleet manager; michael jhun. I got my 350z there for msrp. they might have to get the specific one ur looking for off of another sister lot but they can pull it off. tell them KEN NGUYEN referred u so they wont give u any bs cuz it took me 2 negotiations to get it for msrp with the apr i wanted. its also in downtown la so it should be pretty close to ur location oh and they're also offering LIFETIME oil changes for your brand new z....sweet!!!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:31 PM
oblivion112

Lightbulb

You might want to give Superior Nissan Of Mission Hills a call also, i just picked up my Performance Z for 32k (36K out the door after taxes, etc...) They have a Redline Track and a Black Touring but it does have a navi in it, but it shouldnt hurt to check it out. Ask for Jason he will work out a good deal for you and you can haggle with him to lower the price, it worked for me
Old 02-13-2003, 03:07 PM
intetsu
Charter Member #74

Well, I got mine at Team Nissan. I had a good experience...but then I was one of the pre-orders, and the third Z off the truck...so I guess your milage will vary. Interestingly enough, I'm in Santa Monica too. Hopefully, I'll see ya around. Good luck!

-Intetsu
Old 02-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Daddy

How much markups was put?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:17 PM
intetsu
Charter Member #74

Well...its TRACK, and I got it for MSRP.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:57 PM
MATIX

I got my black enthusiast at Universal City Nissan for exactly MSRP, they usually have alot of z's on the lot, so i would give em a call.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:05 AM
importriders

I guess I dont understand your post. $38k is about right for the out the door price for a Touring(MSRP) depending on options. $35k is a STEAL out the door price and I dont even think its possible to get a Touring for $35k out the door. But if you can, you better swipe it up because the lowest prices I have seen on a Touring is $1k off MSRP and that is not $35k out the door. A BONE STOCK 6sp Touring will be around $37K(MSRP) out the door. If you get a Touring for $35k out the door you will have the best deal I have heard of.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:28 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by importriders
I guess I dont understand your post. $38k is about right for the out the door price for a Touring(MSRP) depending on options. $35k is a STEAL out the door price and I dont even think its possible to get a Touring for $35k out the door. But if you can, you better swipe it up because the lowest prices I have seen on a Touring is $1k off MSRP and that is not $35k out the door. A BONE STOCK 6sp Touring will be around $37K(MSRP) out the door. If you get a Touring for $35k out the door you will have the best deal I have heard of.
That is what I was going to say, I think you don't realize that the pricing you expect is too low. Tax and license will add about 9% alone.

BTW, I got mine from Team Nissan, no haggling, no problems. MSRP only and mine was the first one off the truck!