Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

sh*t faced - car store dishonesty

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sh*t faced - car store dishonesty

i am sure many of you dealt with many car places that have done you wrong.... for those of you who do know me im a very reasonable chill guy but this is (2) stories how i got jacked nasty and one even cost me my twin turbo toyota Supra which i have owned for over 7 years before the movie... its kind of long so here goes bear with me...

When you work for your own $$ modding your car isn’t easy and the supra like many cars you probably have owned took a long time to complete. After about 4 years of being hated on I figured hey we are not going to be on this Earth for a long while I might as well turbocharge my supra before I die So I decide to go to the bank and apply for a loan which originally was for 4400 quoted by Ryan Uchida claiming that he can swap in a USDM 2JZGTE motor into my car with labor included for 4400 (hella cheap right !!!) because he claimed someone owed him a block. Well I went to the bank to borrow about 4800 the next day to make my dream possible apply for the loan went to CREATIVE then the old bait and switch technique / switcharoo came into effect "well...ummm... I dont actually cant get that motor but I can get a JDM 2JZGTE motor for 4000 but you have to hurry because someone else wants it as well!!" He kinda didn’t really leave me a choice and persuaded me to chose that motor not telling me the hidden costs that would haunt me later on and I was really close and one of Ryans first customers at his new shop not to mention I have reffered business over to him.HE DID ALSO SAY IT CAME WITH A 6 SPEED TRANNY !!!!which kinda persuaded me to go for the JDM 2JZGTE motor which I had a hard time accepting because JDM motors simply wont pass smog.

The motor comes in its an AUTOMATIC Aristo motor which needed some adjustments to fit in my supra. Then a hidden charge of 2000 for labor comes into play so I had to go to the bank again but when I came to pay it it became 2500 and what turned out to be a weekend of work supposedly stated became 2 months of a headache. I get the car back later where in my f*cking hood cant close w/o tape and is crooked, my tach doesn’t work (normal) but what pissed me off the most was my power steering was switched with some sh*tty unit that screeched and costed me $500 later to fix outta my own pocket and what ryan claims to be just a simple Freon charge was my A/C unit and heater / defroster did not work at all. It was a hassle getting the car in this piece of **** state. So I pull my car from there supposedly done in his eyes and that Freon charge wasn’t hooked up. O0o0o0 I forgot to include the misc. $1800 charge for misc parts which were not stated or quoted to me in the beginning.

Now I had to sell the car cause I cant drive it cause the f*cking thing wont pass smog. I cant drive it in fear of getting popped (state referee) in Cali where the domestic cars can only live in peace on the streets. I sold the car for a measly $18,000 where I have to pay back an $8,000 debt and have 10 which cant really buy sh*t nowadays.

i mean hands down Ryan can be pricey but does nice systems (really nice-show winning) but hey for a guy who has that show-winning supra with that chromed out HKS everything engine he told me he could do it

2 thumbs down for CREATIVE CAR AUDIO AND MOTORSPORTS

2nd story

so one of my friends started working at Turbo Evolution in Chino Hills and was like hey i can get you a CUSCO 4 point rollcage for $340 only !!! and what does a guy do jump on it of course, i wanted to have 2 jdm prized pieces in 2004 which was the Cusco cage and my Varis CF airduct w/c took 3 months to get from Bulletproof... anyway so i jump on the deal pay him cash and im pretty sure you guys have bought something from a store w/o a receipt well my friend worked there so yeah... so i waited 2 months but in the meantime my friend left for other issues due to bad management or something but i did speak to a SIMON who confirmed the order because i called to follow up and they stated how they never received my order, i call up and SIMON was like yeah the order is on the way its paid for call back in 4-6 weeks...

so 4-6 weeks later i call and SIMON claims that the order is coming but not paid for im like WTF??!! why are you changing the story so i talk to Tony the owner and he says w/o a receipt i cant do anything for you and he said he sold it supposedly and they kept giving me the run around from which times and nothing ever happened they basically just left me with an FU....

so 2 thumbs down for Turbo Evolution

***im not an irrational person i am very patient and reasonable non-**** ***

bye bye supra

love or hate the graphics i was sponsored by Bomex but they actually grew onto me though

sorry about that photobucket guys
Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

from $4k- almost $9k swap i just wish it was stated to me in the beginning the hidden charges from $4400-$6000-$+500-+$1800+HKS intercooler $932(at first said i can use the stock sidemount intercooler)

forgot to add hes like i can get you an XS intercooler for $1000, so i was like cool then he was like later thats for just the core the piping is another $400 so i just went with an HKS kit for $932 complete

cars in Hawaii now
-AC doesnt work
-heater/ defroster doesnt work
-reverse lights dont work
-faulty powersteering (now fixed outta my pocket)
-NOS kit and HKS superflow intake missing outta my engine
-stock engine missing alot of parts (pullies, etc)

but i told the guy in Hawaii im selling it for so cheap due to these lil discrepencies
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn man sorry to hear about that.
i love the stickers actually.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Ryan Uchida...did he used to go to UCR ? Sounds familiar...

Sucky situation, both stories, it's pretty true that people take advantage of "nice guys"... be a dick next time!

Last edited by Mazinger Z; 06-22-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:29 PM
yahookendogg

whatup ben, sorry to hear what happened

I've been ripped off many times before by an auto mechanic before.
I used to have a 98 bmw 740iL and the tranny went out at 60k miles so i took it to a mechanic. They said it will needa new tranny so quoted me like $3K which was like alot of money to begin with. It took them a whole month to get the car fixed and every week they started adding new charges to it sayin that they need new parts... so in the end it added up past $4k which was ridiculous. gotta watch out for "hidden costs"
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Cannysage

man CREATIVE CAR AUDIO AND MOTORSPORTS are f*ck tards. Reading your story pissed me off. where are they located? Beaiutiful supra though.. what a shame.

I also recently dump 3400 of my z's FI money into rebuilding my recently sold 4runner.. long story but shat happens

Last edited by Cannysage; 06-22-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

thanks bro out in Sante Fe Springs they have a White TT Supra they showed white with a chrome and purple engine all HKS... also they show a purple hachi at the cars shows they dont drive em all trailered... nice cars though but yeah
Old 06-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Vertex350

Wow Ben... sorry about your experiences. But I think you're helping a lot of Z owners in keeping them away from going through what you went through.

BTW you have really good taste in fixing up your rides. Very well done. So, are you selling your CS lip kit anytime soon? hehehe j/k
Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

aww man. i cant believe that ****. whenever i do transactions without reciepts i still get something on paper. just so that i feel satisfied that they wont somehow turn it around against me. i know how it feels to get taken advantage of too =\
Old 06-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Panda350z

Damn sorry to hear that bro. I just got my car back from creative and it was good though. I guess it was because it was a simple install and not a motor swap. But good luck with everything...but for some reason I still love Ryan's work. I mean hands down, his supra and hachi are sick!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to see all that happen.

The only thing I can advise you of for future modification/parts dealings is to keep in mind "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Trust me on this as I lost a little over $800 in a bulk buy gone bad (was for Random Tech catalytic converters) because the vendor was ripping customers off by promising too much (as your stories detail, too) and not delivering. Not a huge expense compared to yours but it was difficult since I was putting myself through school (out of state no less) and had to pay everyone in the BB back out of my own pocket.

BTW, the store I dealt with was Grip International located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The main cuprit for ripping customers off was Chad Pecha.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, and if anyone has a Supra they need work to have work done on, I know of an excellent repair shop in Santa Ana that does great work and will be straight with you.
It is a repair shop, but they work on Supras all the time and have been building drag racers for years.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your tough story man. I had to sell my tt supra as well a while ago because of some loans I got for mods. Very expensive car to maintain.

Very nice looking supra BTW.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Inno

Dang you sold your twin turbo supra for only $18k? I would have jumped on that!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
enjetek

Default :{

sorry for the story. did u happen to let it go yet because i would like some parts and would gladly pay you for them. thanks.

-mike
Old 06-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

yeah no more supra its in Hawaii right now but i have still have my USDM 2JZGE motor chillin at home
Old 06-24-2006, 02:01 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

i could of passed smog for you. that was a nice supra
Old 06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

the smog really isnt a problem i got an illegal one before i sold it for the new owner in Hawaii it would just be a matter of time before i get popped by the CHP or cops pin pointing out what's not street legal and stock under my hood.. then when it goes time to state ref. it having a JDM motor i wouldnt be able to pass smog anyway so it would just be a b*tch/hassle... + since it wont pass i wouldnt be able to register it

Creative did such a half assed job on the swap that i didnt have any AC/heater/defroster so it would be annoying to drive in the blazing heat in the summer and i cant drive it in the rain in the winter due to foggy windows... Ryan at Creative just said it was a freon charge well i charged it that wasnt the problem... so i basically got lied too

bottom line its not even fun driving around a fixed up import in Cali... you have to plan what you can do to your car

and if the cops wont get you

the THEIVES will.....
Old 06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

thanks though for all the compliments guys i just dont want you to go through the hassle of what i went through with this Supra, i would honestly rather be driving an NA Supra and pimp on the "hoes" who cant tell the difference between NA/ TT .. then have sold my Supra for basically $10k
-because i had to pay off my $8k engine swap debt so
$18k
- 8k debt
--------
= $10k left over = you cant really buy anything for that nowadays

i spent probably over $40k+ going through 2 different paint jobs, 2 different kits, 3 pairs of wheels (Blitz or Volk), 2 nitrous sets, system, maintenance, tires , and BS swap
Old 06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
B-Unit

Well after reading the story Ben while i feel your pain and sympathize for you. i have to say im not at all surprised this happened to you man. you need to do your homework bro before you take your car into a place to get something as big as a 2jzgte engine swap. i mean you gotta know ur motors inside out.. trusting some guy to do all the right things on YOUR CAR is deff. not the way to go with something like super big motor turbocharging. Its fine when ur dealing with audio or somethting like that,,but with motors you need to know ur stuff.

I owned an IS300 so I know quite a bit about doing the GTE swap, 6 speed trannys and when a guy says he can build you a GTE engine for 4k that throws up some SEEEERIOUS red flags to me..

I mean...if i were to be taking my car to any shop for such a job Id be expecting to shell out a minimum for 10k so 4k just seems tooo too good to be true. It sounds with all the bank trips you were making too that you were trying to rush the funds on the project...

Anyhow, thats just my little bit of advice,,which im sure youve learned for sure from going through this hell-bound situation/experience.. Sorry to here such a headache came upon u man, id hate to be in an experience like that!

PS.. Buy an RX-7 with ur 10g

-B-

Quick Reply: sh*t faced - car store dishonesty