Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well imo theres usually several options when it comes to installs

1. take it to a relatively large and well known shop and pay more then you need to for a usually pretty good job

2. take it to a relatively small and unknown shop and pay them a cheap price for a gamble (job could turn out great or be horrible, usually the latter)

3. do it yourself or have a friend help you do it. The best option if you are willing to do it. I mean a lot of installs might look difficult at first but most bolt ons are pretty simple with little chance of messing up. And most of the time you'll do a better job then the shop!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I knew you would see this thread Rick you have had good luck with them but as far as me they never returned my calls or nothing and when I use to call Eric would say to call back or he'll call back. I never heard from them again ....
Well, like i've mentioned in other threads Eric is pretty overwhelmed so yeah SI is not the best at returning phone calls, but they have always met my deadlines and far exceeded them in cases where I needed to make photoshoots etc.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Rick what happened to Jeff I thought that was his shop and most of the good praise was when he was around but with Eric Street Image rep has gone down the toilet.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

^^ Rick what happened to Jeff I thought that was his shop and most of the good praise was when he was around but with Eric Street Image rep has gone down the toilet.
You probably have a point because I know that Jeff was much more active here on the forums to address any possible issues or match and beat prices on a regular basis
Old 06-25-2006, 11:12 AM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Well, like i've mentioned in other threads Eric is pretty overwhelmed so yeah SI is not the best at returning phone calls, but they have always met my deadlines and far exceeded them in cases where I needed to make photoshoots etc.
Like ive said Rick. you are a diff type of customer. and that tis why ur service at SI has been different. they know ur big and active in the car scene/z scene so of course they are gonna treat u like a rockstar cuz ur the one going to be giving the feedback. but for the average joe who takes his G35 or Z in there, its a whole diff. story..
Old 06-25-2006, 11:14 AM
B-Unit

Rule #1 when running a buisness. Showing people you are reliable and on top of what your doing. Overbooking everything and not returning phone calls = #1 way to screw up rule #1. Hence why eric= the guy who doesnt know how to rrun the place..
Old 06-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Like ive said Rick. you are a diff type of customer. and that tis why ur service at SI has been different. they know ur big and active in the car scene/z scene so of course they are gonna treat u like a rockstar cuz ur the one going to be giving the feedback. but for the average joe who takes his G35 or Z in there, its a whole diff. story..
I have to agree with you Brian on this...........
Old 06-25-2006, 11:28 AM
B-Unit

I have to agree with you Brian on this...........
like u dont agree with me ever!!

hehe. i believe that to totally be the case. especially with Rick. i mean shoot. from SI's perspective lets see how it is and how its worked on here in the past..

Someone posts up a negative thing about SI. Rick says hell no they give me good service. (But thats cuz they know to treat Rick like a celeb. cuz... as we see)...

Rick posts that hes had nothing but good experience at SI. and everyone backs him up. Cuz i mean shoot, if its good enough for Rickdogg, its gotta be good enough for avergae joe right?!?!>.....

I mean it looks like SI chose the right guy to treat well in the Z/G scene. Allot of peeps look up to RIck. i mean look at the whole work meister thing LOL!

Rick is da shiz and i know he gets whats being said here.

-B-
Old 06-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

It definitely is a possibility, but I just have to go off of how I am treated and my experiences with this shop or any other place of business. Although I think that my car tends to say a lot, I think it comes down to how I present myself and my attitude. I tend to build solid relationships quickly with those I work with because that is just how I work, which is possibly why I get "special treatment?" For instance I don't have over a dozen sponsorships for no reason

However, I do understand where you are coming from and I am sad to hear that this happened to you. You NUB!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 AM
disturbed2483

Well I've been there as well about a year ago to pick up some seats that nobody else had in stock at the time. So i made sure they had as i am 2+ hours away and well when I show up im told we dont have them comeback another day but after *****in' for a while Eric says fine ill go pick up well after waiting the whole day they are back with every thing have me pay but wont give me a reciept cause I'm being "hooked up" so I ***** some more and I get a blank reciept signed by eric saying I bought 2 seats and some harnesses. well when I go to install them turns out I am missing some hardware that was supposed to be included talk to eric and he says tuff luck. Long stories short never going back and haven't been back.

Last edited by disturbed2483; 06-25-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 AM
B-Unit

I tend to build solid relationships quickly with those I work with because that is just how I work, which is possibly why I get "special treatment?" For instance I don't have over a dozen sponsorships for no reason
OO.. I heard its cuz u give the best male on male felacio in the business ..

-B-
Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

OO.. I heard its cuz u give the best male on male felacio in the business ..

-B-

Disrespectful Members will get banned

***Mods I don't care, just jokin'
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 AM
B-Unit

Disrespectful Members will get banned

***Mods I don't care, just jokin'
Woops i forgot, musta missed those big bold letters of Fascist scripture looming at the bottom of the page for the last 2 weeks..
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by disturbed2483
Well I've been there as well about a year ago to pick up some seats that nobody else had in stock at the time. So i made sure they had as i am 2+ hours away and well when I show up im told we dont have them comeback another day but after *****in' for a while Eric says fine ill go pick up well after waiting the whole day they are back with every thing have me pay but wont give me a reciept cause I'm being "hooked up" so I ***** some more and I get a blank reciept signed by eric saying I bought 2 seats and some harnesses. well when I go to install them turns out I am missing some hardware that was supposed to be included talk to eric and he says tuff luck. Long stories short never going back and haven't been back.
I would make a special trip back out from Palm Ivan if i were you to arrange my foot being shoved up his a$$ for that one. that is absolutely horrendous customer service. Makes me sick.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

I dunno but if I had a business I would def either one of two things return calls or hire someone to return calls. I did not like how they shafted a good friend of mine with his greddy install. The install took alot longer than expected and when he called back to inquire about the install Eric told him he calls to much. He spend over 10 grand there and the install took close to a month and after all that the install was incorrect. He then had to take the half *** install to GT where they corrected everything. GT notified my friend that the ignition harness was not installed which could have caused him to stall and as you know the steering wheel could have locked on him and he would have lost steering....bad news
Old 06-25-2006, 11:49 AM
B-Unit

I dunno but if I had a business I would def either one of two things return calls or hire someone to return calls. I did not like how they shafted a good friend of mine with his greddy install. The install took alot longer than expected and when he called back to inquire about the install Eric told him he calls to much. He spend over 10 grand there and the install took close to a month and after all that the install was incorrect. He then had to take the half *** install to GT where they corrected everything. GT notified my friend that the ignition harness was not installed which could have caused him to stall and as you know the steering wheel could have locked on him and he would have lost steering....bad news
Imo after spending 10gs on a shop the last thing they should tell you is that ur calling and checking up too much on the car.

-B-

Last edited by B-Unit; 06-25-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

I will send him a link of this thread so hew can chime in and you know who he is....
Old 06-25-2006, 03:33 PM
jd2k1

I have my own horror story with Street Image.

I brought my car there several weeks ago to have some work done. Before going there I asked Eric again and again if he's familiar with the work I was asking him to do. He said again and again that he's done it before. So, I dropped the car off around noon but he wasn't there. I waited there until he showed up just to make sure he knows what kind of work I wanted him to do. After showing him all the parts, he assured me again that it's a simple job and that he would start on it that day and be done with it in three days. I paid the deposit then left.

A day passed and they didn't do anything to it yet. No big deal I thought. Another day went by and they finally took the car apart. Good some progress I said to myself. I called the day that the car was supposed to be ready and Dawn, the receptionist, told me that they're not able to do the work. She told me that Eric had to leave town and wasn't coming back until tomorrow. At this point I thought some work was done to my car already and I can wait a few more days but they didn't do anything to it aside from taking off the bumper and fenders.

Now here's the shocker. Dawn told me that he's not going to do it because it's too much of a HASSLE. She even went so far to tell me that Eric takes jobs that he can't do sometimes. Thanks for the brutal truth but couldn't they tell me this earlier? I was furious and wanted to take my car somewhere else but the bumper and fenders were removed and they told me to come back tomorrow at 10:30am to get the car. I showed up at 11:00 the next day and they barely pulled the car in to put back the bumper and fenders. I waited there for 2 more hours. Asked Dawn to credit back my deposit of $600 but she didn't know how and had to call Eric for assistance.

Never going back to Street Image ever again.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:38 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Well. Heres the Facts..

A long long time ago.. (6/18/2005).. to be exact, I went to Street Image to get some coilovers installed. I was pretty happy with the work, except for the price.., and I went on my way. Well I ended up going back there a couple weeks later to get them adjusted after they had settled, and Street Image adjusted them. Then I told them while they were installing my testpipes (which again was too pricey imo) to fix my exhaust b/c it was sitting too high and touching the exhaust exits on my old kit (vertex half rear)..

Well they said allright..

I get the bill at the end of the day, o yea, which took like 10 hours which i was sitting outside the little ghey fence cuz apparently you cant hang out inside! how lame is that..@ status I get to work on my Fuggin car!! I have always stayed an extra 3 hours longer then they said everytime (3 times) ive been to street image..

anyhow Eric tells me . "o yea, we used washers to lower ur exhaust"... i was like washers...wtf...but he said thats how they do it, so being the nub I was at the time I was like whatevers... So he rings me up..

"O yea, were gonna have to charge you for the washers".. I was like umm allright ic...

**toggles with the cash register/calculator**

"Thats gonna be 60 buks for the washers"

Me to myself: WTFFFFFFF!! (reaches for wallet) whatever..ill just write a check.

Fast forward to present day:

Bryan now knows allot about cars as in the last year he has been ripping apart the Z and installing just about everything they make for the darn thing.

Well today as my rear bumper was off, I remembered how I had once been told that washers were used to lower my exhaust.. o yea.. well lets take a look under the car and find out what exactly they did..

Takes a look under the car...hmm..nothing by the hangers...maybe they put the washers up under where the hangers are bolted to the car... again..nothing.. so i check all the places the exhaust canister is bolted.. Nothing.

So now Im left and sad to say that aparently my hangers were bent to solve the issue,,,, and I was merely swindled into paying for 60 buks worth of non-existent parts under my car. Wow... after spending like 1800+ bucks at Street Image what do I get for my money..someone lying to me, charging me for parts that werent even put on my car!

Classy. Thanx Street Image..

-for nothing....

Bryan- will never go back there again. especially cuz they pwn their customers with outrageous install prices..

-B-
Dude,

I hate phucking shop like that. Bunch of B.S....I hope they phucking choke on the money they cheat their customers.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 PM
B-Unit

Yep. sounds like typical street image. always behind and rushing to get the work done.

All they got done in 2 days was removed bumper and fenders??? wow. thats pretty pathetic I could prolly take apart my entire car in a day flat.

-B-

Originally Posted by jd2k1
I have my own horror story with Street Image.

I brought my car there several weeks ago to have some work done. Before going there I asked Eric again and again if he's familiar with the work I was asking him to do. He said again and again that he's done it before. So, I dropped the car off around noon but he wasn't there. I waited there until he showed up just to make sure he knows what kind of work I wanted him to do. After showing him all the parts, he assured me again that it's a simple job and that he would start on it that day and be done with it in three days. I paid the deposit then left.

A day passed and they didn't do anything to it yet. No big deal I thought. Another day went by and they finally took the car apart. Good some progress I said to myself. I called the day that the car was supposed to be ready and Dawn, the receptionist, told me that they're not able to do the work. She told me that Eric had to leave town and wasn't coming back until tomorrow. At this point I thought some work was done to my car already and I can wait a few more days but they didn't do anything to it aside from taking off the bumper and fenders.

Now here's the shocker. Dawn told me that he's not going to do it because it's too much of a HASSLE. She even went so far to tell me that Eric takes jobs that he can't do sometimes. Thanks for the brutal truth but couldn't they tell me this earlier? I was furious and wanted to take my car somewhere else but the bumper and fenders were removed and they told me to come back tomorrow at 10:30am to get the car. I showed up at 11:00 the next day and they barely pulled the car in to put back the bumper and fenders. I waited there for 2 more hours. Asked Dawn to credit back my deposit of $600 but she didn't know how and had to call Eric for assistance.

Never going back to Street Image ever again.

Quick Reply: Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..