Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:15 PM
narkotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I share an experience.. Took my car there for a clutch/flywheel... I sat and waited (got there early like they asked, noone was there yet) from 8am to 6pm when they finally finished. I also thought I was getting hooked up so I brought cash and they still charged me full price and "didn't want to give me a receipt cause I got hooked up."

Thats what happens when highschool dropouts start a business somehow... I don't know how they're still in business...

Another story.. my good friend took his car there to get his vortech installed that I sold him (used) but they ran into quite a few problems. He took his car back to get it looked at and while Eric was "testdriving" it, he got pulled over. Since there was no paperwork involved (another supposed hookup), they towed the car thinking it was stolen or something. I guess Eric couldn't prove that he ran street image. So then my buddy had to leave work and go get the car out of the towyard, whilst during the tow they screwed up his newly installed ings bodykit.

Yea..great group of guys there. Overpriced and never return calls.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 PM
jd2k1

They charged me tax on the work too. Are you supposed to charge tax on service given? I didn't buy any parts from them only for them to put the parts on. Even the dealer only charges tax on quarts of oil when they do the oil change.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Blue_Streek

IMO i think $72 an hour for labor is a BARGAIN. thinking about the costs the are involved in running a shop ill be it a performance shop are astronomical. my friend owns his own shop down here in S.D. and has already raised his labor rates TWICE. hearing him just name out prices for rent and all the other fees he is barely making EVEN.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Sundeviljay

i hope enough people see this so they know not to go there in the future...im so glad that i talked my friend out of getting his vortech installed there and he went to GT Motorsports instead...
Old 06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
VN_350z
Banned

There's a shop called SPEED IMAGE in Westminster (on Westminster blvd) which is as BAD as STREET IMAGE.

So I wonder if they're owned by same greedy owners?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this thread is really eye opening! Just goes to show a lot of ppl usually keep quiet when bad things happen. It doesnt seem too long ago when every week you would see a new thread about how great Street Image was and when someone told a story about their negative experience, everyone jumped all over them!

Does Jeff still work there?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:39 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow... i am quite surprised to see this thread. i used to go there for my parts installation needs and eric and forgot the other guy's name... mondo? they do a great job and treat me like one of their best customers. I always liked how they do their business and how they would accomodate me even with my last minute requests. I never had any problem with Eric or Jeff for that matter. (Where's Jeff lately?)
Old 06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
Wow this thread is really eye opening! Just goes to show a lot of ppl usually keep quiet when bad things happen. It doesnt seem too long ago when every week you would see a new thread about how great Street Image was and when someone told a story about their negative experience, everyone jumped all over them!

That's the thing Scott ever since Jeff was not around this bozo Eric has ruined what was once a good shop. He never returns calls and there mechanical skills are bad ( To put it nicely ). I can't tell you how many times I've called for a estimate on labor and they ALWAYS tell me I have to talk to Eric and when I leave a message I never get a call back. I don't understand how someone would spend money there and when you call in to inquire about the labor they give you the run around.......Let it be known this shop has gone down the tiolet.............
Old 06-25-2006, 08:42 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well... eric is too busy with his work in the install bay. he needs someone to help him at the counter...
Old 06-25-2006, 08:48 PM
IP Gthreefive

Thats STRAIGHT UP SHADY~!! wow never knew a shop would even charge you for washers~!!! prolly cost like $.50 for 20 washers. Sorry but i'm glad i never got anything done @ Street Image nor am i gonna get anything done from them.~! Good luck Street Image~!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:58 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Wow 1 year ago everyone use to go down for Street Image and that guy would always come in and defend himself. I remember someone mentioned that while worker on one of our Z owner's car, Eric I believe it was told him he was doing a show car and brushed him off. This was in the middle of working on his car and not finishing and returning to the customer. Also notice the webpage still isn't finished.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:20 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by ___DJK___

Jeff (aka bobowah) does not work there anylonger and neither has his Z anylonger. that is why we do not see him anymore on the forums..

-B-
Old 06-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.. I've read mixed reviews about this place... but from reading this thread, it seems like there are more unhappy customers than not.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 PM
kourosH

gheyed
Old 06-25-2006, 10:56 PM
josephchihweilu

im surprised to hear this about street image. back when i still had my acura TSX i always went to street image to get my installs done. It always seemed like the prices were a bit high, but when I have requests or concerns, they seemed to respond quickly. When something in the install doesn't go smoothly, they inform me about it. During installs I am frequently watching the whole time and mondo is very careful with his work, not to mention he double-checks everything. When my HKS Ti exhaust tip was a little bent from the shippin, he spent 30 minutes hammering it into shape and making sure it looked perfect. Another thing that keeps me going back is that for every install they did for me, they stood behind their work and told me that if I wasn't satisfied, i could bring my car back and they would fix it with no charge.

i guess somtimes i feel like they are very disorganized and don't respond to phone calls very well. I've talked to Eric before and he's a real nice guy, but he's very busy. Last time I was there he was running back and forth to get parts and to meet with different dealerships to do custom work for them. he seemed pretty exhausted from just talking to him and he even talked to me about how he's swamped because he cant find more guys to help out in the shop.

I guess everyone has a different experience, but so far, I have not been wronged in any way by them.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Navygolf13

Well, I know they do not return phone calls...but I will tell you that GT is WAYYYYY too expensive out in Rancho.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
nickgundara

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Well, I know they do not return phone calls...but I will tell you that GT is WAYYYYY too expensive out in Rancho.
Yes, they are pricey. But the work done is superb. I never have to worry about my car, and if anything happens, I call Sam (the owner) on his cell and he picks up immediately. Sam is very knowledgable and runs a solid operation. I have spent over $25k with him, and will continue to go back for the premium level service.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Pac Man

Originally Posted by VN_350z
There's a shop called SPEED IMAGE in Westminster (on Westminster blvd) which is as BAD as STREET IMAGE.

So I wonder if they're owned by same greedy owners?
Yikes, is that place still around?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM
nissansource

I do all my own work on my car. when im too busy or out of town i let Sam@GTmotorsports do things like suspension. Once people see their facility youll understand why everyone praises the work done b/c its all strickly business. Its ran like a dealership, all paperwork is filled out on work order forms and everything done to a car is listed on the paperwork. Some people say they are a bit pricey but in my oppinion they are quality with the facility to support any types of mods. its a damn Huge warehouse full of cars 6 or 7 lifts and 2 dynos, Machine shop, its a speedwhores dream
Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickgundara
Yes, they are pricey. But the work done is superb. I never have to worry about my car, and if anything happens, I call Sam (the owner) on his cell and he picks up immediately. Sam is very knowledgable and runs a solid operation. I have spent over $25k with him, and will continue to go back for the premium level service.
I heard the same thing about GT but I'd rather pay more to get quality service....rather than deal with a shop that does half *** jobs or straight out lies to their customers and charges them for work or parts they never used.

Quick Reply: Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..