Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

*** OFFICIAL *** Pictures Thread, Hearst Castle 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:59 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
Good one Dan....before I noticed the "just kidding Jen", my jaw dropped for a sec! I was like....Joanne? I'm gonna kill him.....! Jen's a little hystrung and hysterical!...Neurotic too...

So, MODS, is Dan's great idea doable? Not just for SoCalers, but everyone?

I cut and paste a few from 2003. I missed so many people it's silly. It takes time to find all the pics and I wish Eric/Bullish had put them up on something reliable.

Guess I'll post up more of 2003 and start on 2004, 2005 and 2006 when I have some free time.

Last edited by hfm; 07-09-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 PM
mickey99us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! get that damn matrix out of here! that crazy lady was pissing me off
Old 07-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally Posted by hfm

I cut and paste a few from 2003. I missed so many people it's silly. It takes time to find all the pics and I wish Eric/Bullish had put them up on something reliable.

Guess I'll post up more of 2003 and start on 2004, 2005 and 2006 when I have some free time.

Awesome Dan! Thanx, cool to see. We need to have a place available on the board to be able to search someone's pic, via their handle.

That pic of me was at my first meet! I was shy back then...didn't last long!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wired 24/7 (Mike, left) and B-Unit (Bryan, right)
Old 07-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ 2 white b-boys...yeahhhhhhhhh boooooooyeeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
longbowe

http://brucechang.blogspot.com/2006/...stle-meet.html

It was early yet on the morning of Saturday 8 July when I pulled into the parking lot of the Starbucks off Topanga Canyon, just south of US-101, in Woodland Hills. It was just past eight, the designated meeting time. There were perhaps ten to a dozen 350Zs already there. Over the next hour, more trickled in.

Here are some of the cars that had rolled in early:

Around nine, we prepared to head out, and gathered together. It was a bit like a pep rally:

Our route took us along US-101, which at times merged with CA-1, which runs along the coast:

Along the way, we were supposed to take a detour through CA-154. I had somehow ended up as the lead car, and my group had gotten a jump start because we had taken a different exit from the Starbucks parking lot. Right at CA-154, I noticed the four or five 350Zs behind me heading for CA-154. During the huddle, some drivers had noted that they intended to turn back at around CA-154 instead of going all the way to San Simeon. At first, I thought the cars behind me were doing just that. Then I realized that they were all drivers from Performance Nissan of Duarte, who had most certainly intended to go to the Castle. That's when I remembered the much-vaunted detour. Unfortunately, I had passed the junction.

I took the next offramp at Turnpike Road, and headed back South on US-101, and then merged over to CA-154. Unbeknownst to me, the Performance guys had pulled over by the side of the road to wait for the next group. Not seeing them, I pushed Icy Z hard through the canyon, fuming at each jalopy that was going below the speed limit. By the end of CA-154, I still had not caught up to the other 350Zs. Finally, in Santa Maria, at the arranged meet point at the In-N-Out on Stowell and Bradley, I saw another 350Z as I pulled out. I decided to go ahead and have lunch.

It was well over half an hour later when the rest of the caravan, including those who intended to turn back, finally began showing up. I had pretty much finished my lunch by the time their orders were delivered, so I went to the parking lot and took a few pictures.

We were a little better coordinated for the next stage of the caravan. The Performance guys had gone ahead to refuel and take pictures in Morro Bay. Others had gone on ahead because they hadn't been aware that there was going to be a concerted effort to avoid splitting the group.

This stage was made up of three segments. First, there was the continuation along US-101:

Then there was the transition on surface streets as we merged onto CA-1:

Finally, there was CA-1 itself:

About 80 miles later, we were in San Simeon. At first, we parked in the gravel:

Then, concerned about all the gravel and what it implied for our paintjobs, and the fact that there were few if any trees in the area, we took over a corner of the parking area reserved for recreational vehicles.

There was some confusion as the group split off into separate subgroups for tours of the castle. As for myself, after deliberating some time, I just couldn't get up the excitement to go on the tour. I already got what I wanted out of the meet: a fun drive up to the Castle, and the chance to see some old friends who joined us from the Bay Area.

When I had headed up to the lobby, I saw a Ford GT. Less than half an hour later, after I'd made my decision to head back, and as I reached the parking area, I saw the same car about to take off. Of course, I took a picture as he did so:

The day was so perfect, even the drive back was pleasant:

Thanks again to Amit (BhashaZ) for organizing the logistics of the run. Thanks also to Chris (Hypersprite) for coordinating the NorCal group. Many props to Performance Nissan of Duarte for contributing to the costs of getting name tags and lanyards, which definitely helped break the ice for a lot of newer folk. It was great to see everyone at the meet!

Finally, thanks to Mike (mikeg8r) for this video.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Brian@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by hfm

OMG... memories. I can't believe you have those pictures still Dan. Ah, Vegas. I have some nice... ahem... pictures from there still. Btw, no more Technosquare. I'm now at Performance! Much closer commute and the hours are a lot nicer too.
Sorry about flaking this weekend. I had way too many things to do and the car doesn't have a working AC unit in it right now. Until the next meet!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:32 PM
daytona350z

hey dan, shoulda used this pic for brandon:
Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
ObZeZZed

I seem to remember a few more Zs shooting Video, maybe even one with the roof down. POST THOSE VIDS PLEASE
Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
BhashaZ

Excellent write-up and summary longbowe! I'll go ahead and put some of my pix up. I didn't do it before since the site went down.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by ObZeZZed
I seem to remember a few more Zs shooting Video, maybe even one with the roof down. POST THOSE VIDS PLEASE
I've got a lot more video, just haven't had time to edit and convert it. I know there was at least one other person with a video camera.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by daytona350z
hey dan, shoulda used this pic for brandon:

For Teh Win!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 PM
hfm

Heh. LOL with Anthony and Cheston. Brandon needs to come out for a meet. Heck, both of you guys need to do the same.

I might set-up a Latigo run in August or September if I'm not burried in work.

Here are more pics and vids for your enjoyment care of our friendly neighborhood Peter Parker.

http://www.thezrest.com/zdrive/index.html
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
mickey99us

i cant see the video, i get a question mark in place of the video.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:55 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by mickey99us
i cant see the video, i get a question mark in place of the video.
It's hosted by YouTube, try here:

http://www.thezrest.com/zdrive/video/index.html
Old 07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by hfm
Heh. LOL with Anthony and Cheston. Brandon needs to come out for a meet. Heck, both of you guys need to do the same.

Here are more pics and vids for your enjoyment care of our friendly neighborhood Peter Parker.

Nice vids. PM sent. Question about digital video processing
Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
longbowe

Damn! Nice vids, Dan!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by hfm

i'll definatelyu be down for a run with ya you should come out to drift day with us as well theres one on thursday this week, but it prolly too short notice for ya.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
wldkatz03

Man that looked like one great meet! As you guys were heading up to Herst, I was driving all my crap back down to so cal anyways, i'm glad you guys all had a good time! So when's the next meet? Whenver it is...i'm definately in! Since it'll be my first so cal meet, I think Jen has the right idea about getting some pics with names so we're not all strangers...Dan already started some stuff but i'd like to help create something that we can sticky on here...anyone game?

Amit those nametags made everyone look all official! That's awesome!

Huy
Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
JRSport018

woohoo!

Quick Reply: *** OFFICIAL *** Pictures Thread, Hearst Castle 2006