Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Someone stole my Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
plastiketa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
that sucks!!!

This is one of my biggest nightmares, there needs to be a better way of securing our cars, a true kill switch of sorts
I hope it will work out for you
True Kill Switch: Remove ECU

I had a friend do that with his civic. But I guess the ECU is easier to get to on Hondas than our cars.

Besides, what seems to be popular now is towing the car. The thieves never have to start the car any more. I hate these bastards.

Good Luck finding your car.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
vkzawa

How does a theif get an auto tranny Z in Neutral to roll onto a flatbed?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 PM
r3v

you'll be very surprised on how fast and quickly they're able to get your car w/o it having to be in neutral.

In my neighborhood, we have very strict parking rules. So i've seen tow trucks snatching peoples car within.. literally within 20 seconds.

Believe it or not.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:30 PM
reyes5912

Thank god I found my car West Covina PD recovered my car at around 7:45am. It looks like the Low jack works. Good news is that I still have all my performance parts on even my wheels and car runs as if nothing happened. But the Bad news is that they broke my bumpper so I have to put my stock back on. They even took everything my backpack with all mybooks and notes, and everything eles in it. Now it gets worse it looks like they had keys to my car and someone that has my spear keys hate me.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang David that sucks that happened to you. I'm glad they recovered your car quickly though with all of the stuff still on it. Consider yourself lucky
Old 07-25-2006, 06:40 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reyes5912
Thank god I found my car West Covina PD recovered my car at around 7:45am. It looks like the Low jack works. Good news is that I still have all my performance parts on even my wheels and car runs as if nothing happened. But the Bad news is that they broke my bumpper so I have to put my stock back on. They even took everything my backpack with all mybooks and notes, and everything eles in it. Now it gets worse it looks like they had keys to my car and someone that has my spear keys hate me.
Cool to hear. I have lojack and it's nice to know it works. Was wondering about the sensor in the key thing.

Any idea how they got your key?
Old 07-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Mr_Q

Screw alarms, screw lojack.

1) I DON'T WANT my car back if someone has been jamming it all over town digg'n the ride

2) I DON'T WANT my car back if it's missing everything some one could gank in an hour.

3) If I DID get my car back in one piece I'd still sell it ASAP. God knows what they did in it or to it in that time.

4) Insurance is there for a reason

'nough said.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:17 PM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by Mr_Q

1) I DON'T WANT my car back if someone has been jamming it all over town digg'n the ride

2) I DON'T WANT my car back if it's missing everything some one could gank in an hour.

3) If I DID get my car back in one piece I'd still sell it ASAP. God knows what they did in it or to it in that time.

'nough said.
You'd be surprised at what little insurance will do. Good luck on getting the money for your mods not to mention what you think the car is worth.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Mr_Q

I don't need to wait for surprise, it's happened to me before.

As long as you're not too cheap and using "Bob's Auto Insurance" and carry a well rounded policy, it's a non-issue. Mods and anything else in the car at the time included.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:50 AM
THE TECH

As long as you're not too cheap and using "Bob's Auto Insurance" and carry a well rounded policy, it's a non-issue. Mods and anything else in the car at the time included.
Agreed.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:32 AM
desiZ

you should always get the "Early warning system" add-on... as i've mentioned in earlier threads... just having the basic lojack or lojack plus etc.. is pretty pointless...
THe Early warning system calls your cell phone, emails you & even text messages ur cellphone if u car moves without ur knowledge... within 5 minutes..
without it, your car could be stolen overnight and 12 hours later u called the police and give them the lojack info which is pointless cause it takes max 30-60 minutes to find the lojack unit in the Z and destroy it...

cost for lojack = 400$ installed (from dealer) + 300$ (early warning sytem) + 0$ monthly charges / life.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:30 AM
buffmanjeff

I'd like to know who your insurance agent is because my AAA agent said they wouldn't cover my supercharger. I have full coverage on everything except that
Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Janus

I have yet to find an insurance company in california that will cover mods without forking over extra cash at a higher premium than normal.

An extra 75 bucks / 6 mo per $1k in mods for 21'st century, and geico was about 100/6 mo per $1k.

Please for the love of god, country and small kittens, if you know of an insurance company that will cover these flat out please, please let me know!

I read a guide a few years ago hosted by Car & Driver on insurance, and it basically said not to go with any insurance carrier that charges extra for "additional equipment."

I have yet to find an insurance company in california that will do so.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Mr_Q

Allstate and yes, I fork over extra cash per month to cover mods. It is worth it for when it does get stolen. That's the point of it. And it's not that much more. About the same rates you quoted which frankly are a deal considering the costs of replacing such things.

To each his own.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:11 AM
THE TECH

I had Allstate first, and they charged more to cover mods as well. I later signed on with State Farm and have been with them ever since (about 8 years or so) and I made it clear what I wanted covered when I started up with them, and they cover any item permanently attached to the car. You will also want to have pictures and receipts of everything.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

oh my, im sorry to hear about that...i hope you do find it and those who stole it!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:16 AM
Reyes_USN

'nough said.
insurance alone is a headache when it comes time for them to make it work for you and if your insurance doesn't cover or pay it up..sucks to be you.