Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got hotchkis sway bars installed at street image

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 PM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got hotchkis sway bars installed at street image

i work over at whittier and was trying to find a place to install sway bars. the closest was street image and after doing some research (going through bad/good reviews) i decided to try them out. i spoke with eric and he was very accomodating as far as price and the importance that i needed to get back to work (i had the bars installed during my lunch break). when i got there they had one guy work the front bar while the other worked the rear...i got there at 12pm and they finished at 12:28...not bad! eric took it for a test drive and there seems to be no problems but assured me to come by anytime if there are any.

i was surprised with the sway bars (set to med/med). i was driving around and the ride quality FELT LIKE STOCK. no abrupt harshness...nothing. i was getting worried if they even installed the bars because of lack of feedback lol j/k...i take a turn and WOW my car handles great with my hotchkis sways and koni shocks! the car is so much more nimble! i'll take a quote from richard hammond of top gear 'i'll chicken out before the car will reach it's limits'. can't wait to do some driving this weekend.

A+ for hotchkis!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:10 PM
zYouLater

Hi CVT, I have the Hotchkis springs and sway bars with my OEM shocks. How much did you pay for your koni shocks and were did you purchase them?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:15 PM
350z_this

good question..... how much...?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
cvt

i got my used konis for $300 w/ 9K on them....lol. i know, i got REALLY lucky! when and if they ever blow i just send them back to koni and they revalve them...he,he.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM
DPZ

Hey CVT,

I guess it's a small world, since I grew up in Whittier most of my life. Anyways, I was looking into getting those sways as well. I don't think you metioned springs, did you get those too? I want springs, shocks and sways, however I been told more than once if I do that I have to do a camber kit as well to get the correct alignment. Do you have any issues with alignment?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by DPZ
Hey CVT,

I guess it's a small world, since I grew up in Whittier most of my life. Anyways, I was looking into getting those sways as well. I don't think you metioned springs, did you get those too? I want springs, shocks and sways, however I been told more than once if I do that I have to do a camber kit as well to get the correct alignment. Do you have any issues with alignment?
i didn't change the springs. i felt the oem spring rates on the car were fine with me. yeah no alignment issues here since the main cause of aligment issues are when you drop the car and lowering the car's center. i think a camber kit isn't necessary if you only drop the car .3-.8 inches....