Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

the best dealership in L.A. area for service?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
ZedNewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best dealership in L.A. area for service?

I went to Performance Nissan (where I bought my car) for an oil change, and it took 2 hours. They were apparently backed up, and the service manager informed me that since they are under new ownership, they will no longer take walk-ins. They are also quite a ways from me since I live in West L.A.

I don't trust Santa Monica Nissan - I went in to buy a cargo net and they asked for $80!! It's a freaking $30 cargo net. The cars on their lot are also pricier than other places I've been to.

Anyone been to the one in Downtown L.A.? How's their service dept.? Cerritos Nissan? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:36 PM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by ZedNewbie
I went to Performance Nissan (where I bought my car) for an oil change, and it took 2 hours. They were apparently backed up, and the service manager informed me that since they are under new ownership, they will no longer take walk-ins. They are also quite a ways from me since I live in West L.A.

I don't trust Santa Monica Nissan - I went in to buy a cargo net and they asked for $80!! It's a freaking $30 cargo net. The cars on their lot are also pricier than other places I've been to.

Anyone been to the one in Downtown L.A.? How's their service dept.? Cerritos Nissan? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
For an oil change just go to jiffy lube, or DIY, easy **** like oil changes doesnt matter where u go.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Alhambra Wondries is pretty good. Ask for David and only him.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Brian@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Do you know who you talked to? I've never heard of us turning customers away before.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 AM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Performance Nissan, you guys don't take walk-ins any more? I was planning on coming by there again on Saturday for an oil change, so I should I make an appointment this time?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Brian@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Well, I just talked to the service manager and we do accept walk-ins still but priority will go to those who made an appointment. Basically, by trying to set up an appointment based schedule, we can see what's coming in so we can staff appropriately to keep wait times down for customers. We usually will never turn down walk-in customers unless it's a big job and we just don't have time to get his car out that day. At least this is my understanding of what's going on.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:13 AM
ZedNewbie

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
For an oil change just go to jiffy lube, or DIY, easy **** like oil changes doesnt matter where u go.
I will never again go to Jiffy Lube - bad experience/horror stories. A friend's car started to leak oil all over the place after an oil change from there. My bad experience is with my old car. I have a suspicion one of those techs intentionally ripped the rubber lining on my windshield wiper blades to get me to replace them. This was two weeks after I just replaced them myself.

DIY - I don't have the tools or the space to work on my car. BTW it is too much PITA to do this on your own anyways - easier to pay the $40 to get it done by people who know what they're doing.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:18 AM
ZedNewbie

Originally Posted by Brian@Performance
Well, I just talked to the service manager and we do accept walk-ins still but priority will go to those who made an appointment. Basically, by trying to set up an appointment based schedule, we can see what's coming in so we can staff appropriately to keep wait times down for customers. We usually will never turn down walk-in customers unless it's a big job and we just don't have time to get his car out that day. At least this is my understanding of what's going on.
Thanks Brian. I wasn't turned away, but I was told I had to wait 2 hours. It was on a Saturday, so I imagine it was busy. I came in to the dealership since I got a letter in the mail with a promo offer of $29 dollars for an oil change - it stated no appointment was necessary. I also had to pick up some parts for the car anyways. I will definitely make an appointment next time.

BTW, I hope the ownership change does not affect the good service that you guys have a reputation for.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 AM
ZedNewbie

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Alhambra Wondries is pretty good. Ask for David and only him.
Thanks. I will go there for simple oil changes and stuff.