Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got two ticket during moving in my new apartment in LA..

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 PM
hidehide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Got two ticket during moving in my new apartment in LA..

This morning, I parked in a street when I was moving my things in my new apartment.. I saw there was a sign written no parking on Friday 8-11am across the street. However I didnt see any sign in my side.. as I saw there was a car parking there.. I parked infront of it..
After finish moving, when I came back to my car, I saw two tickets..
One is for no parking, clean street..
And the other one is for no license plate in the front..

I have a few questions..
After I got my ticket, I found out that there is a sign written no parking on thursday 8-11am. However, the "thursday" word on the sign was being glazed by black pen.. Is there anyway for me to fight that ticket??

And what do I need to do for the no license plate?? Is it illegal in LA city?? I owned my car for a year. I lived in Irvine, and I never had any trouble with no license plate in the front..
Since Im going to stay in LA area, should I better put a license plate back on the front??
p.s. when I bought my car, it only came with one license plate...

I got a terrible start on my new apartment.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Get use to it! Living in L.A. is like living in Twin Towers, someone is always watching. If its not the parking enforcement its the P.D. Look on the bright side, your now in the middle of everything and dont have to drive very far if you have too many drinks at a club! ........Oh..and look out for them photo camera's, they are EVERYWHERE!

congrats on the new apartment.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:35 PM
itchyvi3t

seriously welcome to parking hell

i moved from laguna hills and didnt have a front plate so i got 5 tickets all in a row because i didnt have time to go back home and put on my liscence plate. I had my fare share of tickets, you just have to be careful and read ALL signs.

as for the liscense plate i THINK you can get away with it if you have a liscense plate in the front windshield, but parking enforcement can be gay. As for your current ticket all you ahve to do is take a picture if your car with the front plate installed then its 10 bucks (hope you can photoshop). As long as you are parked on the street (public property) you are subject to the front liscence plate rule. Goodluck, you wont be able to get out of the street cleaning citation. Im guessing you moved to west LA/santa monica area?
Old 08-25-2006, 09:27 PM
GFrnk69

Welcome to L.A!