Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

saw this car on campus...pretty funny once u look inside..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
kourosH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay well, being on the boards, i didnt see that, but what i first saw going on g35 driver is this..

so yeah
Attached Thumbnails saw this car on campus...pretty funny once u look inside..-modpic3800psdcopy.jpg  
Old 08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen some of the VRT cars and if that G35 is a REAL VRT car you better watch out before you end up with a bruised ego!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:08 PM
cyberz350

Man, people are hard on the Auto guys. Balla's a friend of mine. One of the first people I shot. Great guy. Lot's of mods. Sponsored up the yin yang if I remeber correctly. In either case, the brotha's got a nice ride, auto or not. I'm scheduling another shoot with him pretty soon. I'll be sure to post up a link on this thread.

Oliver
www.ob-photo.com

Old 08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Alang35

Originally Posted by kourosH
okay well, being on the boards, i didnt see that, but what i first saw going on g35 driver is this..

so yeah
understood. just tryin to get the facts straight
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
deluzrider

that car is pretty sick. im not one for lambo doors but a nice car.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
wooochang

i think the original poster was just laughing at the fact that the person put so much $$ into mods and never learned to drive MT. i think the argument of, "oh his turbo AT will beat your popcharger MT," is lame.

basically, when it comes down to it, AT drives you and you drive MT. If speed is the sole criteria for judging cars, then the passenger in a turboed AT a better driver than a person in a MT with a popcharger.

simply put, the passenger is doing as much driving in an AT as the driver, and if youre going to put that much money into a car, you should probably learn how to drive it instead of just riding in it.

i believe that was the original poster's point.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:47 PM
ASTIG_Z

^^This statement is all wrong....How can a passanger drive as much as a driver when the passenger has no access to the components that drive the car?

The preconcieved notion that "fixing up an AT transmission car is a waste" is a retarded statement all together. So what if the car is AT, maybe that person commutes in LA/OC traffic and doesnt want to deal with shifting when in traffic. There isnt much room for anyone to talk smack when the OP doesnt know what that G35C has in there, especially when his signature says "pop charger" as the only performance mod for his car. No pun intended towards the original poster, just a generalization.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:08 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nothing wrong with fixing up an auto, if that is what the person wants. Guess it's like four door cars, I would never mod one, but plenty of people do. Personal choice.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:18 AM
350zpl

Originally Posted by deluzrider
auto is not necessarily a bad thing. i wouldnt want one but just because it is an auto dosent mean it is slow
come on! y would u tune a car wit AT its pointless the only car i would drive on a AT is a VAN if that lol not a sports car i dont know about u guys but i feel more in controll on a MT it has alot more adventages
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 AM
B-Unit

IMO the only AT car you can get in touch with like a MT car and actually drive it like a racecar is a ferrari or lambo with f1 shifting. Thats about it...with exception to high performance e-gear/f1 style cars like the ferrari/lambo i would never get an automatic if i was planning on actually driving the car and having fun.

I completely agree that in an AT your just "riding" along in it.

-B-
Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 AM
SergEK

Do they make an automatic Z06?

There is a reason

For a street driven/daily driver that will never see a real track --- the auto will most likely be fine

Different strokes for different folks --- from the mods I have seen on that G the guy is not a serious racer so the auto seems like the right choice --- he wont be the type to powershift his G to edge out a few more tenths of a sec

He is sponsored and shows his car --- he is not a racer --- anyone who confuses that car with a track car should be slapped

The Lambo doors were a dead giveaway

For pure driving pleasure --- MT is the only choice
Old 08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Auto OR Stick.....WHO CARES!!! It's up to the person who owns the car.

So what if he drives an auto. Maybe he knows how to drive stick, but chose an auto. Both my Zs are autos. Does that mean I don't know how to drive MT? No, I had an Evo 8 before I had the Zs, it was a stick. It's personal preference. I hate driving stick in traffic, but does that mean I hate stick in general? NO!

All it comes down to is the person who buys the car & decides to mod it. Should it matter TO US that it's a stick or auto? NO, it only matters TO THE OWNER. I personally like AUTOMATICS. When I got my Zs, I was glad that Nissan made AUTOMATICS.

I've read the AT vs. MT threads and this is starting to become another one.

So MT guys....CHILL!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Originally Posted by 350zpl
come on! y would u tune a car wit AT its pointless the only car i would drive on a AT is a VAN if that lol not a sports car i dont know about u guys but i feel more in controll on a MT it has alot more adventages
Not everyone wants to be a racer. Not everyone wants to drive stick. People mod because they want to mod. Shouldn't matter if it's an AT or MT.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:02 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by CEO350Z
Auto OR Stick.....WHO CARES!!! It's up to the person who owns the car.

So what if he drives an auto. Maybe he knows how to drive stick, but chose an auto. Both my Zs are autos. Does that mean I don't know how to drive MT? No, I had an Evo 8 before I had the Zs, it was a stick. It's personal preference. I hate driving stick in traffic, but does that mean I hate stick in general? NO!

All it comes down to is the person who buys the car & decides to mod it. Should it matter TO US that it's a stick or auto? NO, it only matters TO THE OWNER. I personally like AUTOMATICS. When I got my Zs, I was glad that Nissan made AUTOMATICS.

I've read the AT vs. MT threads and this is starting to become another one.

So MT guys....CHILL!
haha we know man. the mt guys at the beginning were harsh its really just us guys saying how much more of a thrill in the Z we get from having a mt thats all. personally i feel that way about all high performance cars, cuz i never take my hp car in traffic etc, just out in canyons places where i can have fun driving it.

My last car was an auto so i dont bag on auto owners cuz of all the crap i got from people when that car was auto...

-B-
Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
FloorIT

thats funny i saw that exact same car today on oso parkway
Old 08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
FloorIT

i revved my engine but he didnt respond, ***** =p

im only stock 350z but i just like to floor it
Old 08-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by FloorIT
i revved my engine but he didnt respond, ***** =p

im only stock 350z but i just like to floor it
i go to school with the guy. see him everyday.....i just kina look and smile becuase i think his car is 100% rice.............all show no go, not only that its all show that is not even that nice..........like i said RICE.

so im lost, is he turbo or no? if so then what a waste, if no then im gana ask him to race!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:03 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

auto -1....i hear the auto transmission totally conflicts with the efficiency and hp gains you normally would get from those stickers
Old 09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
wooochang

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
^^This statement is all wrong....How can a passanger drive as much as a driver when the passenger has no access to the components that drive the car?

The preconcieved notion that "fixing up an AT transmission car is a waste" is a retarded statement all together. So what if the car is AT, maybe that person commutes in LA/OC traffic and doesnt want to deal with shifting when in traffic. There isnt much room for anyone to talk smack when the OP doesnt know what that G35C has in there, especially when his signature says "pop charger" as the only performance mod for his car. No pun intended towards the original poster, just a generalization.
heh, the driver of an AT has less access to the components of the car than an MT, and thats why youre not really driving the car.

thats what all the MT guys have been saying all along.

the AT guys are takign this too personally. its not a really reflection on the guys character, its just that, you guys are missing out on really driving teh car if you dont learn MT.

i was an AT guy until i bought my Z. i learned how to drive stick on my Z and it took only about a week. its really not that much effort, but the rewards are amazing.

basically the switch from AT to MT felt like when i removed the training wheels from my bike when i was 5.

i certainally do not have any malice or ill will behind my comments. sorry if it has offended anyone
Old 09-01-2006, 10:04 PM
deluzrider

honestly. who cares. i care about my car being manual but not gonna get irratated if someone else has a auto. i like mt they like at. who cares. lol

Quick Reply: saw this car on campus...pretty funny once u look inside..