Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

saw this car on campus...pretty funny once u look inside..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:52 AM
GFrnk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wooochang
heh, the driver of an AT has less access to the components of the car than an MT, and thats why youre not really driving the car.

thats what all the MT guys have been saying all along.

the AT guys are takign this too personally. its not a really reflection on the guys character, its just that, you guys are missing out on really driving teh car if you dont learn MT.

i was an AT guy until i bought my Z. i learned how to drive stick on my Z and it took only about a week. its really not that much effort, but the rewards are amazing.

basically the switch from AT to MT felt like when i removed the training wheels from my bike when i was 5.

i certainally do not have any malice or ill will behind my comments. sorry if it has offended anyone
why do u keep saying he doesnt KNOW how to drive MT? how do u know? just because his car is AT doesnt mean he doesnt know how to drive stick. My beater is a AT what's ur point? so I dont know how to drive MT?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 AM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
i go to school with the guy. see him everyday.....i just kina look and smile becuase i think his car is 100% rice.............all show no go, not only that its all show that is not even that nice..........like i said RICE.

so im lost, is he turbo or no? if so then what a waste, if no then im gana ask him to race!
He has a TN kit on his car, I was at VRT when he picked it up before HIN. He told me himself it's a show car and he only drives it to school.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:25 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

the car is still nice
Old 09-02-2006, 12:38 PM
SB Track

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
^^This statement is all wrong....How can a passanger drive as much as a driver when the passenger has no access to the components that drive the car?

The preconcieved notion that "fixing up an AT transmission car is a waste" is a retarded statement all together. So what if the car is AT, maybe that person commutes in LA/OC traffic and doesnt want to deal with shifting when in traffic. There isnt much room for anyone to talk smack when the OP doesnt know what that G35C has in there, especially when his signature says "pop charger" as the only performance mod for his car. No pun intended towards the original poster, just a generalization.
You have no idea what a pun is. Please don't ever use that phrase again.

Also, don't look down on the drivers who have little to no mods on their car. Not everyone thinks modding your car is necessary.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can we please calm it down a notch... I don't have mod powers in socal forums but this thread is getting a little rediculous with all the bickering.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
jimster716

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Can we please calm it down a notch... I don't have mod powers in socal forums but this thread is getting a little rediculous with all the bickering.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
B-Unit

who only drives a car to school???

B (takes his car out to the hillz and drives the hell outa it, even if it were a ferrair/lambo/posche)
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 AM
imalazeeass

wow so driving an auto and u get laughed at. Modding the exterior of your car a lot and not putting FI in your car and you get laughed at. Pretty sad replies. Modding is always a personal thing and whether u go for show or for go is entirely up to you. Do you have to do both? no. I dont see the point of having to do extensive engine mods if you dont race or drive your car to the max. So having exterior mods is nice to be different than all G's and Z's out there. Just because someone spends a lot of money making a car look nice doesn't mean he has to spend the same amount of money on his engine if he doesn't need it. But in this case, he does have a turbo. So you can stop laughing now.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:05 AM
SergEK

I have seen these types of threads many times in other forums

Basically the car is a show car and should be respected for what it is --- the kid drive it to school and chooses to show it

Its a G35 and is more of a cruiser anyway so its not like your gonna have a bunch of G35 owners tracking their cars

To each his own

I woudnt personally do alot of those mods but then again I dont like the "show" part of the scene

My favorite car show happens when you get a bunch of performance minded guys in a parking lot and they all pop their hoods --- lots of blood, sweat and tears under there

At least this guy is modifying a G and helping other G owners have something to use as a "what if" vehicle --- with the Z/G being so new still nice cars like his will convert a few more people to owning a nice ride
Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 PM
kourosH

Originally Posted by wooochang
i think the original poster was just laughing at the fact that the person put so much $$ into mods and never learned to drive MT. i think the argument of, "oh his turbo AT will beat your popcharger MT," is lame.

basically, when it comes down to it, AT drives you and you drive MT. If speed is the sole criteria for judging cars, then the passenger in a turboed AT a better driver than a person in a MT with a popcharger.

simply put, the passenger is doing as much driving in an AT as the driver, and if youre going to put that much money into a car, you should probably learn how to drive it instead of just riding in it.

i believe that was the original poster's point.
thank you. (yea im the OP)
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM
nitrousoxidex

yeaa...i saw that car at IVC, haha
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 AM
yahookendogg

i don't think they should make auto Z/G's... look at cars like S2K, evo, sti; all sticks. just my opinion. auto's are just boring to drive
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by yahookendogg
i don't think they should make auto Z/G's
Nissan/Infiniti probably sell more of these cars with AT than MT.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

cant believe this thread is still going. i dont see why this argument is still going on. auto or stick. who gives a damn! its his car. leave it be
Old 09-08-2006, 06:54 AM
wooochang

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
why do u keep saying he doesnt KNOW how to drive MT? how do u know? just because his car is AT doesnt mean he doesnt know how to drive stick. My beater is a AT what's ur point? so I dont know how to drive MT?
uh, i never said that he didnt know how to drive stick. im just saying people who funnel money into their AT cars.

dang, some people out there are awfully sensitive. its just an opinion, i wasnt aware that this country has suddenly become communist china where no one is allowed to give an opinion on anything.

furthermore, those posters out there that continue to say, "why is this post going on, who cares?"

well obviously you care enough to post the above post and by doing so, the thread will continue to grow.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
FRM&FNCTN

I believe today's ATs are exceptional in quality and can provide you with the same power an MT can. I think ATs will do just fine when combined with a strong motor with a high displacement during street driving. MTs are necessary for cars with smaller displacement engines like the S2K Miatas etc and other 4 cylinder sports cars in order to extract the most power from each power band and to maximize the engine output.

Im not an expert though....I drive an AT G35 coupe and it feels good coming off a stop light and have the comfort to just step on the pedal and see the guy next to you taking time to shift through the gears...

Im not hating on MT...everyone has their own taste...however for tracking/autoxing MT is the only way to go...